DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will any of the Forsaken turn

Toad

There is. The Aes Sedai whom Sierin, Yukiri etc found out, and forced her to forsake her oaths, taking new ones to serve them in their hunt instead.

But she didn't really come over of her own free will. She was forced so she hasn't really 'turned.'

Though of course there is no chance of her going back. Just like Asmo now, wouldn'y you say?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why I said 'under duress'.

I'd be interested to see her get around her oath.

Although thinking about it, all it would take would be for one of the seekers to be secretly BA (remember some said 'I am not BA', some said 'I am not a Darkfriend'), and the 'you will only do what we tell you to do' oath could be quite a cunning one.

I would like to see what they can pry out of Semirhage now that they have her captured.  Hopefuly they will put her on an adam and get her bound on an oath rod somehow and pry as much about healing out of her as they can.  Mesaana would be another good one to get since she was a teacher in the AoL no telling what lost knowledge she could provide.

What is it the Children say? There is no soul so black as cannot be redeemed. Or something like that.

If I was to suspect anyone of changing, it would be Graendal, if only because we know that she only chose the shadow to spite the world that couldn't live up to her standards. If someone could convince her that society has grown, has learned, maybe she would repent. It might take like 13 Aes Sedai linked with 13 Ogier. Lol.

Guest Dreadlord

I doubt Semi is going to tell any one a single word.

UNQUOTE

The thing is, I want Cadsuane to be good enough to break Semirhage, because of her reaction when they found out it was Semirhage. I think if there was a one-on-one between Cad and Sem it would be as good as any one-on-one we have seen Rand have with any other Forsaken.

We have seen Elayne and Nynaeve fail when they captured a Forsaken. Look at how things are looking for Semirhage, when it was some of the biggest people who were there when she was captured. Rand, Cadsuane, Logain... I just cant discard the idea that Semirhage might break, because of how good it could be if it did happen. It would be a great thing for Cadsuane.

No, Lanfear just let him think she did without her actually saying so.

I doubt Graendal turning. At least, sincerely. We did, however, have an internal dialogue from her at one point (probably Lord of Chaos, but I can't recall these things) where she said she wouldn't dare fight him, but if she got captured would try and worm her way into his good graces and become an indispensible advisor to him. Things like that make me wonder, since Semirhage foreshadowed her own capture in her POV in that book (although she did so in reverse by swearing she'd never be sacrificed to the Cause).

I don't think Lanfear/Cyndane is going to have much to say at all about Rand's future, by the by. I rather expect her mindtrap to break and her brainless body be put into service by the Forces of Good. I figure it would be a huge irony for her to get shunted into Rand's coterie without being able to use the situation and him having no idea who she was. Or maybe she'll just have a predictable rematch with Moiraine.

Guest Dreadlord

I think Moiraine is done with battling Forsaken, she has had her fair share. I want Cadsuane in there!

And I want Nynaeve to kill Moghedien.

Moghedien: "Well, well well, I have you at last, Mitsress Al'Meara. The pain I will inflict upon you-"

Nynaeve: "Oh shut up! This is too much like a James Bond film, and Ive never liked them." BALEFIRE!

The problem is, Nynaeve would wipe the floor with Moghedien. Direct weaves don't touch her, and she has an angreal that makes her maybe three or four times stronger - not to mention that, unlike the Alivia vs Cyndane case, thanks to Moghedien herself Nynaeve is pretty versed in the ways of the Age of Legends. Unless Nynaeve finds herself without her jewellry, Moghedien is screwed.

Personally, I think they'll duke it out in T'A'R.

Guest Dreadlord

Nynaeve would wipe the floor with Moghedien without the jewelry anyway. She already matched her blow for blow before learning what she learnt from Moghedien, and she no longer has a block, so Nynaeve would win anyway I reckon

Nynaeve would wipe the floor with Moghedien without the jewelry anyway. She already matched her blow for blow before learning what she learnt from Moghedien, and she no longer has a block, so Nynaeve would win anyway I reckon

I agree that as long as moggy doesnt catch her unaware nynaeve would pretty much kick her arse.

Whilst I agree Nynaeve would have the edge in raw strength, it is well to remember than in their first encounter, and the only one where the One Power was used directly, Nynaeve only won by taking Moghedien by surprise. In a sheer strength fight, Nynaeve would have the edge, but who can say what Moghedien could threaten to do to gain the upper hand? Considering how close they are in strength, either catching the other by surprise will result in an instant defeat. But in a one-on-one with the Power, without her angreal and ter'angreal, Nynaeve's victory is far from ascertained.

Guest Dreadlord

Back to Semirhage...Getting her to speak should be easy. All that needs to be is done Rand cutting her off from the Dark One, then have Logain bond her as the Ashaman have been bonding Aes Sedai-ie with a COMPULSION bond-and then all he needs to do is say "Tell me everything you know about the Forsakens whereabouts." And she would physically have to tell him

The ammount of benefit and the easiness of that is so great that I know it aint guna happen because its just too easy.

Archived