DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will any of the Forsaken turn

Toad

Will any of the Forsaken turn back to the Light?  Is it even possible?  As I've read through various threads, many people seem to agree that even if the Dark One won the Last Battle, they'd be toast too.  So will any of the Forsaken maybe switch sides during TG and maybe even be rewarded by Rand or whoever survives?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only way for the Forsaken to turn and survive TG would be to cut the line to the DO (like Rand did to Asmo). I'd like to think Lanfear/Cyndane would turn and sacrifice herself, but probably won't happen. You never know thought because it hasn't happened even once in the whole series, so it would make sense if one of them did.

I don't think thats true. Look at Ingtar in tGH, he turned to the light in the end. He was only a darkfriend and was basically a good guy most of the time, but i still think it's possible.

He had not done the things the Forsaken have done look at the name the world have given them thay have killed millions, they have done thing that would turn you blind just the hear them. they have done all these thing for themselves and the Darkness. Each time you take a life you tear your soul if you kill enough you dont have a soul left.

To come back to the light they will need to think about others you cant come back fropn Darkness thinking about yourself the night blinds your way and you stay lost.

I think it's possible, but I don't think it's going to happen in aMoL.  We already got a bit of that storyline with Asmodeon- sort of- and to try to set that up and see it through again in the space of one book doesn't seem plausible, given everything else that's happened.

But what's that quote from these books?  "None have dwelt in Shadow so long that they cannot walk again in the Light"- or something like that.

Very true... But they could have other motives for turning, they all want to be on the winning side. Maybe they decide the DO might kill them or they have no other choice. Look at Asmo, yes he was forced and he was still evil but he was willing to do whatever he could, he didn't have a choice. Lanfear does love Lews Therin aswell, you never know whats going to happen. RJ always throws in twists.

Thats why i think its possible, because no one will be expecting it.

Good thoughts, James.  I guess my question should have been not so much would they turn back to the Light as turn away from the DO.  Motivation would still be self-preservation or just desire to be on the winning side, rather than altruism or repentance.

Very true... But they could have other motives for turning, they all want to be on the winning side. Maybe they decide the DO might kill them or they have no other choice. Look at Asmo, yes he was forced and he was still evil but he was willing to do whatever he could, he didn't have a choice. Lanfear does love Lews Therin aswell, you never know whats going to happen. RJ always throws in twists.

Thats why i think its possible, because no one will be expecting it.

What Lanfear has for LTT is not love it is the fact that he said NO to her and she can not live with that.

True. But, in the whole series, the only darkfriend that i can think that has turned to the light, was Ingtar. And that doesn't even count because he wasn't really evil... I just have the feeling that someone is going to turn.

Definitely not the Forsaken because they've had ample opportunity to do so already. And likely not any Black Ajah members.

If any less important DFs turn, then it won't affect the events in the book much. There is a DF AS close to Rand I think. If SHE turns then it may be worth it.

True. But, in the whole series, the only darkfriend that i can think that has turned to the light, was Ingtar. And that doesn't even count because he wasn't really evil... I just have the feeling that someone is going to turn.

Definitely not the Forsaken because they've had ample opportunity to do so already. And likely not any Black Ajah members.

Everything up until now have been precursors.  But now we're coming up to the moment of absolute victory/defeat.  Do you think that the finality of the situation can change minds/hearts?

I would love to see Graendal turn. She's an intelligent woman. When SH appeared during her meeting with Moggy and Cyndane (whom she didnt realise was Lanfear incarnate), she went along with his bidding because she could clearly see that resistance was futile and at that particular point in time, going along with him didnt cause her any inconvenience.

I'm not suggesting that I think she would turn, but I think if she could see the best way forwards / the best chance of survival came in the form of a six-foot aiel with dragons on his arms, she may consider forming an allegience... until it began to inconvenience her.

I got no clue who is going to turn or why. But i am convinced that someone is, even if it's purely because it hasn't happened in the series at all. I mean how many good guys have turned bad? And no bad guys have turned good. I think it hasn't happened yet because he was saving it for a twist at the end.

I got no clue who is going to turn or why. But i am convinced that someone is, even if it's purely because it hasn't happened in the series at all. I mean how many good guys have turned bad? And no bad guys have turned good. I think it hasn't happened yet because he was saving it for a twist at the end.

Rather than thinking 'he was saving it up for last' we should ask :Why did people go over to the Dark and hence why should they want to come back to the Light?

Once they have gone over, there is little chance of going back. The Forsaken all have some connections to the Dark One which I don't think they'll dare break.

If the AS in the WT catch still more Black Ajah then it would be cool. I was looking forward to them catching the Black Ajah at the Supreme Council meeting but I think that scene is never going to come.

Besides, if any Forsaken turn, the Light will just execute them anyway.

Not sure how far through the books you've got so I won't mention any names (phew, covered my rubbish memory there  ;)) but one did. Kind of. Under duress. It was a woman.

Archived