DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will any of the Forsaken turn

Toad

Back to Semirhage...Getting her to speak should be easy. All that needs to be done Rand cutting her off from the Dark One,then have Logain bond her as the Ashaman have been bonding Aes Sedai-ie with a COMPULSION bond-and then all he needs to do is say "Tell me everything you know about the Forsakens whereabouts." And she would physically have to tell him

The ammount of benefit and the easiness of that is so great that I know it aint guna happen because its just too easy.

Terrific idea!

But I don't see Logain kissing Semirhage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does everyone assume Semirhage will have to be broken to talk?

She will be more than happy to guide Rand and the others against the other Forsaken and whoever other servant of the Shadow she knows of, because if she doesn't, either Rand and the others kill her, or the Shadow kills her. That way, she gains a certain amount of trust, enough to be kept alive, and she also eliminates antagonists and potential assassins.

The problem with the Shadow is that it's in a constant state of civil war.

I believe you have all forgotten that Semi was ALREADY captured once. That was in the AOL. She "convinced" her captors to free her, and I doubt they put a bunch of greenhorns guarding her then either. They may get scraps but thanks to LT gaining more control of Rand I think she wont last too long. That or the adam, surely they would tell Rand to use one? Hell they found male ones with her so it isn't a far cry from the female adam. That aside is is dead by the light. The shadow knows how she responded to capture the last time.

He should just cut her hand off. A hand for a hand, you know? Or maybe still her.

I thought about stilling too but she can just be healed now so that wouldnt work that well.  He needs to get one of the Ashaman to use thier bond on her and compel her to never assist the shadow again, to never use the one power unless given permission, and to never lie again.

He should just cut her hand off. A hand for a hand, you know? Or maybe still her.

I thought about stilling too but she can just be healed now so that wouldnt work that well.  He needs to get one of the Ashaman to use thier bond on her and compel her to never assist the shadow again, to never use the one power unless given permission, and to never lie again.

No

She should be cutt off from the Dark One and then bound so she can not Channel but not severed and left to wonder the world waiting for the end of all things not knowing if she will be killed by the Light or the Darkness

Compulsion wouldn't work the normal way. The strong-minded can fight it. It would have to be by bonding. She needs to be bound to do a series of really pesky and trivial things. Like "You must make you bed and unmake it at least 7 times before the sun rises, using both sheets as well as the comforter. You must trim the nails of you index and forefinger before any whites show, but the others you cannot touch. You must shave your eyebrows weekly. You must never use the One Power except in defense of a crop of ta'bac."

I'm thinking Semirhage won't turn but she may be subjugated or bullied into obeying for the first time in her life.

Plus I'm a massive Lanfear fan & I would be disappointed if she turned. Lucky that's not gong to happen.

P.S. Notice I said Lanfear fan & didn't add Cyndane. I don't care for Cyndane.

Compulsion wouldn't work the normal way. The strong-minded can fight it. It would have to be by bonding. She needs to be bound to do a series of really pesky and trivial things. Like "You must make you bed and unmake it at least 7 times before the sun rises, using both sheets as well as the comforter."

OCD as a punishment? Interesting. As you say, compulsion can be fought by the strong willed. Swearing on an Oath Rod would also be a problem, as you would have to convince her to swear in the first place.

He should get someone to compel her so that she uses her own torture nets against herself.
Not sure that would work - you can't Heal yourself, for example. It may be necessary to get someone to perform the weaves on her.

I'm with you here, she took Rands hand he should get her head.
Ever heard of an eye for an eye? A head for a hand seems rather excessive.

Guest Dreadlord

They should still her so she wouldnt need to be kept shielded, and there would be no need to worry about her breaking free and killing everyone with the Power.  Even if she can be Healed later by someone if they got to her, she would be less of a threat in that respect at least for the time being. Then, if I was Rand I would MAKE Logain bond her with the Compulsion bond, and tell her to tell everything we could think of-I could think of more than Rand could, any reader could-and when I have everything I want from her I would kill her. A Forsaken hostage is useless, its not as if any of the others would rescue her.

And when I was getting Logain to make her answer questions, I would tell Logain to tell her to answer with everything she knows that would benefit Rand on each subject without trying to bend the truth, to say everything outright out of her own mouth, so she cant possibly leave anything out. You know how the Oaths work, Rand does by now. Yes and no answers mean absolutely nothing, she would have to say the full sentence

Yeah, I heard of that one, but I dont play fair.
Neither do I. But killing her for blowing off Rand's hand also seems a bit petty. Why not kill her for all those people she tortured to death? Or because the risk of keeping her outweighs the benefits? r just because you felt like it?

Neither do I. But killing her for blowing off Rand's hand also seems a bit petty. Why not kill her for all those people she tortured to death? Or because the risk of keeping her outweighs the benefits? r just because you felt like it?

If she blew off your hand, would you kill her for being who she is or for blowing off your hand?

If she blew off your hand, would you kill her for being who she is or for blowing off your hand?

Dead is Dead why you kill her does not matter as long as she is DEAD

I would kill her for being an inconveniece, for being worth more dead than alive.

Dead is Dead why you kill her does not matter as long as she is DEAD
Why you kill her (or rather, why people think you kill her) can be very important. Kill her for being a Chosen responsible for crimes against humanity can make you look good. Kill her for hurting your poor hand only makes you look like a petty, self-obsessed tyrant. One claims the moral high ground, the other doesn't. One says torturing people to death is wrong, the other says hurting me is wrong.

Archived