DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne, Aviendha and Egwene

scotthunt

Okay. Egwene gave Aviendha a necklace which she treasures greatly. They are near-sisters. Elayne and Aviendha are sisters now. Elayne and Egwene have been friends since they were novices. Does anyone think Aviendha will become Egwene's sister through the Aiel ritual. Does anyone think Egwene and Elayne will go through the same ritual in the last book? Egwene is also admired by the Wise Ones. Oh and there is also Min who is friends with Elayne and Egwene. And is tied in with the whole loving Rand thing with Elayne an Aviendha. What do you guys think of this whole situation?

i don't think they would. 1. Rand is the Dragon Reborn and Perrin and Mat aren't entirely sure that saidin has been cleansed of the taint. 2. I think they view eachother more as friends than brothers. 3. None of them have a linkage to the Aiel to have the ritual. The girls hve Aviendha for their link to the Aiel.

AS generally forsake all relations. The Amyrlin Seat having a sister may be too much for the other AS to stomach especially because first sisters are really really close.

And the opportunity will likely not present itself.

As for R/M/P, they are not Aiel so they will not consider such a process even necessary. Elayne did it partly to satisfy Aviendha. Would Elayne and Egwene need to do the process? No because they are both wetlanders and know that the Aiel ceremony is not exactly necessary,

I would say yes, but the ritual makes it kind of confusing. Maybe like her sister in law or something like that. Don't the Aiel have a whole bunch of random relationships like that?

i don't think they would. 1. Rand is the Dragon Reborn and Perrin and Mat aren't entirely sure that saidin has been cleansed of the taint. 2. I think they view eachother more as friends than brothers. 3. None of them have a linkage to the Aiel to have the ritual. The girls hve Aviendha for their link to the Aiel.

Ummmm. Rand is Aiel. So should they desire to have the ritual, I would say that they can. That being said, I doubt that they would feel the need.

It's likely to be a boxed two ( or more ) volume set.  Take a wheelbarrow to the store.

Pricey, too.

After all this waiting I am prepared to face any price short of $ 100.

Wheelbarrow? I was intending to hire a forklifter.....

I have a wheelbarrow ready to go, a forklift reserved should I need it, and a small crane on standby.

but if all three want to marry rand and they dont want to mess with even more cutoms i believe the three must all be first sisters.

I didn't think it was necessary for sister-wives (that's the right one, isn't it? Aiel are confusing...) to also be first-sisters. At least, not literal first sisters lol. If they were close enough to want to marry in that way, they would probably also naturally consider themselves as first-sisters, or in our world 'best friends'. But I don't think the ceremony to make them so is required. I could be wrong though.

``If they were close enough to want to marry in that way, they would probably also naturally consider themselves as first-sisters, or in our world 'best friends'. But I don't think the ceremony to make them so is required. I could be wrong though.''

It does not appear to be necessary, I agree. But for a test of the proposition, does anyone have a passage to quote about Melaine and Dorindha being joined first sisters?

• 12 years later...

I have read them all, including the prequel. Did not care for the way it ended(diff. author), but Min and Rand are the ones that end together, as Rand loses his power to win the war. Going into the sunset on a boat, REALLY? Where can they go and be safe from any power based person? Rand is a sword master, but... Loved the idea of uniting everything by those two, but always felt that poor Min's power was a curse for her, until she ends with Rand, while the others just have his kids. 

Sincerely, EdTheBeast

Fanfiction.net, AO3, FicWad

23 minutes ago, EdTheBeast said:

I have read them all, including the prequel. Did not care for the way it ended(diff. author), but Min and Rand are the ones that end together, as Rand loses his power to win the war. Going into the sunset on a boat, REALLY? Where can they go and be safe from any power based person? Rand is a sword master, but... Loved the idea of uniting everything by those two, but always felt that poor Min's power was a curse for her, until she ends with Rand, while the others just have his kids. 

Sincerely, EdTheBeast

I think you may need to re-read the ending, going into the Sunset on a boat? It finishes on the Slopes of Shayul Gul in the blasted Lands, about 3000 years since any form of Boat has been seen there. Rand was last seen by himself and with the exception of his 3 loves and maybe Cadsuane, everyone thinks his dead due to the fact they had just burnt his body. Min does not go with him at this time. As for how powerful he is,  Lighting his pipe ring any bells? 
By the way Robert Jordan wrote the Epilogue to AMOL before he died, it was in the notes given Sanderson. 

On 4/5/2021 at 7:52 PM, EdTheBeast said:

Sincerely, EdTheBeast

I'm very confused about what book you read. Isn't that the end of the LOTR movies? 

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Elder_Haman said:

I'm very confused about what book you read. Isn't that the end of the LOTR movies? 

My only guess is that this (Bot?) only reads their own fanfiction. ? 

45 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

My only guess is that this (Bot?) only reads their own fanfiction. ? 

And we all know the truth is Rand and all 3 of his lovers drove off in a 1967 Mustang not sailed off on a boat, after being given a huge farewell party ???

people should get this right.

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Harldin said:

And we all know the truth is Rand and all 3 of his lovers drove off in a 1967 Mustang not sailed off on a boat, after being given a huge farewell party ???

people should get this right.

You mean a '48 Ford Convertible right?
image.jpeg

• 5 months later...
On 7/11/2008 at 3:46 AM, Kaznen said:

I'm more curious if Rand, Mat, and Perrin would go through the ritual.

This is made redundant by their linked Taveren nature's.   

Fun thought,  between the warder bond and the Taveren link Rand has ZERO privacy.    I mean imagine all the raised eyebrows he would face the day he discovered his prostate ? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2008 at 6:42 PM, scotthunt said:

Okay. Egwene gave Aviendha a necklace which she treasures greatly. They are near-sisters. Elayne and Aviendha are sisters now. Elayne and Egwene have been friends since they were novices. Does anyone think Aviendha will become Egwene's sister through the Aiel ritual. Does anyone think Egwene and Elayne will go through the same ritual in the last book? Egwene is also admired by the Wise Ones. Oh and there is also Min who is friends with Elayne and Egwene. And is tied in with the whole loving Rand thing with Elayne an Aviendha. What do you guys think of this whole situation?

I don’t really like that part of the story that they are all in love with him these types of things bore me in stories The Rand parts can see what he is doing getting nations together for last battle but it’s very slow pace so I got to say Rand is my least favourite character Perrin doesn’t really do much either