DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

An Ogier Visit

Greetings honorable Ladies and Gentlemen! I am Lorei, a Master Builder of the Ogier, and Elder of Stedding Lantoine. This time of year, the good weather encourages me to travel and see the world. I am looking forward to a good visit with my Aes Sedai friends!

*unloads her pack animal*

;D

We're just here at the WT, Vemy, so that even guests may see and marvel at the awesomeness that is Ogier!  :D

Why thank you Silver; I had a bikini wax in preparation for the tour. *whispers*  Didn't want to scare away the newbies. *unfolds Ogier size chairs for her and Moose*

Company's been a little thin down at the Stedding, have you seen any other Ogier here abouts?  ;D  *fills pipes for Vemy and Silver while Moose pours the ales*

And speaking of guests, all you lurkers out there are welcome to say hi and join in.

How's your summer been going?

huff, huff, huff

*winds finally comes to a halt taking a few extra steps due to the heavy load of his hand cart*

sorry im late loreina, traffic sucked and i had to change out a cartwheel. but now i can get to work!

*unloading his cart winds sets about his project with fervor*

lets see here.....lets start with this!

*grabbing his toolbelt winds begins building a small shack-like structure*

a bit of bamboo here, some palm leaves for the roof, cedar bar-top..

*winds soon completed the new portable tiki bar*

Tiki%20Bar%208h.jpg

and now to get this sucker out!

*winds rummages in the cart and pulls out a strange box object winds begins to unfold it into......*

hot_tub_1.JPG

the greatst invention i ever worked on...suggested by loreina: the Port-a-hot tub.

*jumps and rubs her derriere* Sham! Are you Italian by any chance?  :D

Thanks Winds! Great job as always!  :)

*winks at Silver*

Now you know the real reason for the bikini wax!  ;D

*eases into the Port-a-Tub*

Moose, I'll have an Ogier Special Ale, please! Thanks, muchly!

*looks around the Hot Tub*

You think this one is cool, you should see the one back at the Stedding!  ;D

Hello all my Sisters and Brothers!  I am Kelly, Ogier Org Leader and Ogier Mother.  I'm just here to be sure that everything is set up nicely for our visit.  :)  I know that you'll all enjoy the services we have to offer, and of course in our hopes that you'll come by the Steddings to visit as well.  ;)

Everything looks great guys!  *lowers herself into the Port-a-hot tub and asks for an extra large Ogier ale*  Ahhhh... these are so nice.  ;D

Ooo bar *runs and takes a seat* nice *runs hands all over shiny bamboo*

got any snack in there *tries to bend over and look behind the bardesk

Ata

Crazy Pixie Der'Manshima

HELLO WHITE TOWER!  It is I, Jaimelai, Elder Brew Master of Stedding Yongen of the grand and noble Ogier Org.  Be of good cheer for I bring ale and ah... more ale! 

*passes out complimentary steins of Ogier Ale*

I trust all goes well here?

;D

We do mostly the same things the Ogier in the books do. We sit around and read. A lot. And then we talk about what we've read. We have three Stedding, one for each category: Builder, Brewer, and Speaker. New Ogier, or Scholars as we like to call them, must travel to each Stedding, completing tasks as part of their training. When they finish those tasks, they become Apprentice Ogier and choose their Stedding. When they complete their Apprenticeship, they are promoted to Master. Of course, we aren't limited to the specialties of any one Stedding. Any Ogier can participate in any Stedding project. 

For example, the Builders are hosting a little RP this month, any all Ogier have an opportunity to sign up for that. We are journeying to a different Stedding, Sintiang, to build a Trading Post for all the peoples of Randland.

And of course, we trade recipees, tell stories, recite poems, sing songs, play games, invent new ales, and soak in the Ogier Hot Springs. All done at a very leisurely pace. Life at the Stedding is rather laid back. We are Ogier after all.  ;)

hello ata, i knew you'd show up so i brought some snacks. what can i get ya?

dang it loreina you beat me to it, but i'll post my description too.

Dwynwen to answer your question (and the ogrier present stop me if i'm wrong) the ogrier is an org dedicated to the simple things in life. we take things at our own pace as we take up our own craft. currently we have 3 steddings each dedicated to a craft; brewers, speakers, and builders.

brewers as you can guess, brew the best ales and beer in randland. they are the ones who are the "party animals" and pubmasters.

speakers are the story tellers, debaters, and all around chatter boxes that discuss anything they feel like.  a word of caution: if you start a debate with an ogrier you're gonna sit there for a good decade or two to see the outcome.

builders are well... builders. we're the ones who build the great monuments of the age. we're also one of the more active groups who tend the gardens of stedding lantoine and also take a few trips now and then. we're also the ones who help set up little excursions like this to help promote activity and new recrits.

Now Vemy, all the gurgles is not gold.  :D

We absorbed the Deathwatch guards into the Builders. These highly specialized Builders of war machines and weapons will be a very valuable resource if we ever do another raid. Winds is that kind of Builder. He can build just about anything. *beams proudly*

When we remodeled the Org, we just didn't have enough Guards for another whole Stedding. I think a lot of them left. Part of the reason for this tour is to let them know that option still exists. True, "Builder" doesn't sound as cool as "Deathwatch Guard", but *shrugs*, most Ogier are the peaceful sort. Maybe we can add the DWG designation back in if we have enough interest.  :-\

*settles deeper into the hot tub*

Another reason we're on tour is to get some feedback on an idea Winds had. What would you think of a place here at DM, designated neutral territory, where members of every group could meet for the purposes of celebrations, tournaments, and trade?

This would be the one place where every member of DM could go, regardless of Org or Group affiliation, to interact. What do you think?  :)

Hello White Tower friends! I am Tigara, a Master Speaker of Stedding Shangtai. At Stedding Shangtai, we specialize in Speaking. We tell stories, sing songs,  tell jokes, give trivia, and all sorts of fun stuff. And to commemorate this occasion, I have writen you a song!

{to the tune of "Winnie the Pooh"]

Deep in the city of Tar Valon

where Vemy and Barmy play,

you will find the drunken neighborhood

of Kathana's childhood days.

A Keeper named Dwynwyn is her friend,

and Sham and little Nyn.

There's Nia and Myst and there's Rae

but most of all Seggy the hubby.

Tammy the Kath, Tammy the Kath

Tubby little Tammy all stuffed with Pudding.

She's Tammy the Kath, Tammy the Kath.

Willy nilly silly ole Tammy.

...Willy nilly silly ole bear.

Archived