DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Big WoT announcement on Tuesday

Jason Denzel

While WOT as a whole is far from as dark and gritty as ASOIAF, there are still parts of the story that would suffer greatly from the censorship all channels except HBO has. Just take such a central scene as Dumais Wells...

I truly hope its not a movie/tv series.  I just dont think that anyone could do it justice.  Did any of you see the mini-series made of 'A Wizard of Earthsea'?  Awesome book, but the mini-series was a disgrace in my book.  Maybe if they could Peter Jackson and David Fincher and teach them the dbz fusion technique so they could become Pevid Fackson, and give him a budget greater than the US trade deficit something good could possible come out of it.

I'm hoping pre/sequel novels, or a graphic novel penned by the fellow who did the covers.  something with more than a 10% chance of success.

I truly hope its not a movie/tv series.  I just dont think that anyone could do it justice.  Did any of you see the mini-series made of 'A Wizard of Earthsea'?  Awesome book, but the mini-series was a disgrace in my book.  Maybe if they could Peter Jackson and David Fincher and teach them the dbz fusion technique so they could become Pevid Fackson, and give him a budget greater than the US trade deficit something good could possible come out of it.

I'm hoping pre/sequel novels, or a graphic novel penned by the fellow who did the covers.  something with more than a 10% chance of success.

There's only one director who should be allowed to touch WoT, and it isn't Peter Jackson.

Here's a hint:

user624_1168818540.jpg

It would be nice if the Prologue to AMoL will be available soon. Brandon said that the Prologue and the Last Scene were the most complete of all the book written by RJ. And with 25% of AMoL already written, it is possible.

i guess that would do it.  :P

gonna go check that out right now......

and i'm back.  i'm going to withold complete enthusiasm for now; hopefully this won't fold like New Spring did.

It seems very good, having faith the New Spring episode being learnt from. There is no reason to believe a comic now with the series being completed is not successful, and this also will, the New Spring series remaining an unsuccesful trial of sorts, define the visual aspect of the series: (The New Spring looked good, but was discontinued.) With the comics readily available, you will expect later possibilities, be they television series or films, to appear the same. Not that I would think there'd be much risk of seeing a plastic ear saying "I am Narg," but it will not be very likely after the comics have a good presentation of things. The Wheel of Time certainly deserves a long and detailed visual presentation, though the books of course stay the main focus.

Archived