DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Big WoT announcement on Tuesday

Jason Denzel

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

Sorry to tease you, but there's a big WoT announcement coming on Tuesday of next week.  (July 1st)   I can't say anything more, but there's an attachment here.

Feel free to speculate.  I like to make you all squirm!

Jason

They're finally making that WoT MMO that my husband's been whining about for the last five years?

Oh please let that be it, that would be AWESOME.

I'm guessing it'll be a release date for AMoL or an announcement that a prologue will be released before the year is out.

WOT is (actually) being turned into a movie or a series?!  :D

We'll find out who killed Asmodean? *Shifty expression*

There won't be a MoL, the story finished when Semirhage was captured because she was really the DO in disguise?  ::)

They are changing the title of the new WoT book to 'Rand dies at the end'

I think I'm going to call it that regardless. I made several people bonkers by calling the last Harry Potter novel "Ron Dies at the End".

They are changing the title of the new WoT book to 'Rand dies at the end'

I think I'm going to call it that regardless.

That will only make people crazy who don't know anything about wot :p

Rand will 'die'. The only question is how (if it's just a technicality) or if he stays dead :p

I will just wafo ;) Although this looks more like comic, movie news.

Although with Movie news  I will think 'yeah right'.... unless they start filming tomorrow.

So many times it was optioned and nothing happened.

Maybe it will be on TNT so Richard Gere (with hair dye) could play Rand and Julia Roberts could play Elayne. Willie Nelson could do the music and Fabio could play Lan.

You now how great Ted Turner does movies right? Right?  ::)

I dunno if HBO would take WoT when they've got ASoIaF going already. I mean, they aren't the same, but they're similar enough that a studio might not want to shell out for both.

I think that them having ASOIAF could be the very reason they would be more interested than others to take on WOT. If ASOIAF is a success, they would have that running for quite some time before WOT could possibly start to air, and if ASOIAF is a success, HBO would have caught the fantasy audience, and WOT could keep them for another couple of years.

If ASOIAF turns out to be far from a success...Well, few things are easier than for a telly company to toss a show in the bin.

If this was a year down the line, HBO may just be a possibility. At the moment, no. ASoIaF is a huge project for them and WoT would be huger still, being much longer and probably requiring 20-episode seasons to do it justice. I don't think HBO would do it at the same time as developing ASoIaF and the hideously expensive Band of Brothers 2.

Showtime could be a possibility, or one of the networks. WoT is hardly so dark and gritty that it NEEDS to be on cable, after all. Maybe NBC have picked it up as a rival to SoT on ABC?

If this was a year down the line, HBO may just be a possibility. At the moment, no. ASoIaF is a huge project for them and WoT would be huger still, being much longer and probably requiring 20-episode seasons to do it justice. I don't think HBO would do it at the same time as developing ASoIaF and the hideously expensive Band of Brothers 2.

If this is a movie series news it means that someone has only taken an option. (since the old option is hopefully just gone)

So they could leave it for a while, before doing something else.

Archived