DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So what are you reading right now?

A Game of Thrones is brilliant. For so many years people kept saying to me "you haven't read Martin?? How can you not have read Martin? He's the best author out there bar none." And I was all "whatevs *wanders off to do something else*" Then I finally caved and then I knew what people were saying was true. He really is the best author out there.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "have fun! You have one heck of a ride ahead of you!"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Amso43

I jus finished reading Jodi Picoult's A change of Heart.. :o ;D its not a fantasy, but very moving I love her writing,I'll be honest I don't hav an awful lot of fantasy in my collection a lot of buffy n angel n Harry potter & lotr ??? but that was the main eason I came to this board 8). A gir I know told me bout the books n it stuck in my head n i asked my dad bout the cos he loves fantasy n he likes them so i'm tryn get a feel for wat is gud so this thread is great tanx guys ;D

How many books you ask? *cackles* Libraries full!  :D

I just finished Carol Berg's Flesh and Spirit and Breath and Bone. I liked it very much.

Now I'll have to rest my eyes for a while before starting Mistborn.

I'm currently reading Bill Bryson's "I'm a Stranger Here Myself". It's a collection of essays he wrote in the 1990's. Bryson was an American living in Britain for 20 years, then had occasion to move back to the States. The essays are about his re acclimation to America. Bryson is a VERY funny writer. I read his "A Walk In the Woods" about hiking the Appalachian Trail a few years ago and loved it.

I'm nearing the end of my Terry Pratchett book fest. :(

Now I'm at a loss as to what to follow him with. I need to do a WoT reread before next year but that can wait for a bit. I might hijack the BF's Raymond E Feist books *ponders*

I'm currently reading Brandon Sanderson's, Mistborn series. And I must say, it's just brilliant writing. A few days ago I was up practically all night reading the first book, (I don't think I could have handled falling asleep without knowing how the ending was going to turn out.), and I didn't notice it was getting light outside until I'd finished it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Sanderson's writing, including awesome suspense and innovative action scenes, combined with Jordan's writing. I think A Memory of Light is really going to be a masterpiece! ;D

I'm nearing the end of my Terry Pratchett book fest. :(

Now I'm at a loss as to what to follow him with. I need to do a WoT reread before next year but that can wait for a bit. I might hijack the BF's Raymond E Feist books *ponders*

We ought to do some sort of coordinated re read. That'll be fun.

;) *pretends to stay on topic*  I just started THe Alton Gift in Bradleys's Darkover series.  :)

Then we should be able to manage the whole enchilada if we can do one a month starting - next month?

We could rotate it, with a different Org hosting each month, if moding it is a problem. 

Oooh. Is that any good? I love the Darkover series, but I've stayed away from the newer, non-MZB stuff. My least favorite Darkover novel was the one she co-wrote with Mercedes Lackey. But then I'm not a Mercedes Lackey fan at all. Her Valdemar books made me want to set my face on fire.

This one is Deborah J. Ross. I was desperate for some new Darkover, so I thought I'd give it a try. I've read and reread the old ones.  :)

The only problem is that publishers insist on authors putting in explanatory info that fans don't need. *yawns* Makes for some fast page turning. I wish they'd quit doing that. Drives me bonkers and wastes paper.  ;D I'll let you know how it is when I'm done.  :)

Oh, I was thinking we'd finish up before DragonCon 09. That's closer to the date AMoL will be published. (My money is on October 09)

I could Definately be down for a coordinated re-read.  I was planning on starting my re-read after I finish the Cold Fire Trilogy.  I will finish book one of that trilogy this week.  Trouble is, I'm a horridly slow reader and pretty much only have about 45 minutes per day to read, so I'll probably lag behind like always.

Guest nephitess

We can lag together Mendorah. ;)

I'll join in with you all. just let me know when we would all start. :D

Archived