DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So what are you reading right now?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently reading two books, one at school and one at home. I normally don't do that, but... I really wanted to read the new Harrison book.

That being said, I'm reading The Dragon Prince by Melanie Rawn and The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison. I don't think there are two more opposite books in the same genre that I could be reading at the same time...

Guest nephitess

*mutters* i have lost my copy of wicked!!!! GURRRR

I am now reading Swann by Carol Sheilds.

Guest nephitess

Oh May!!! *snuggles* it is ok..i can find an other real easy so no need to post me one Souvra Mine. :-*

*mutters to Jhae about absent warders* 0ishift.gif

My local bookstore FINALLY got the second mistborn book, some 6 or 8 months after I finished the first one.

Naturally, I have put down the other book I'm reading, midbook, so that I can read this one.

They just very recently released the second book on paperback, so if you weren't looking in the hardcover section, that could be why they didn't have it before.  And if it's a Barned & Noble and you did check the hardbacks and it wasn't there, it was because B&N sold out of Mistborn 2 really really fast because they didn't stock enough copies of it. 

If it's not B&N and it's not paperback, it's just because your bookstore hates you. :)

What?  I know stuff.

I just bought the 1st Mistborn book yesterday I have not started to read it yet but yeah I'm like May and wouldnt mind a summary

Oh and before that I'm trying to finish up Blood Noir by Laurell K Hamilton

All you need to know about Mistborn is that I adore Vin and we're geting to get married someday and have many beautiful babies. The fact that she is fictional and a girl does not give me any reason to doubt this will happen.

Guest nephitess

I need to read those books before number 12 comes out.

Kath I beleive it will happen. ;) LOL

Well, I'm in Canada, and we don't have Barnes and Noble up here, instead we've got Chapters, Indigo, and Coles, all three of which are the same company, under different names. They don't have Hard Cover specific sections, and the local bookstore (a Coles, the Chapters tend to be by far the best, the Indigo's are fairly rare but good too, the Coles tend to suck) never seemed to stock the hardcover. In fact, the hardcovers they stock tend to be entirely sporadic. Mildly irritating really.

I caved and bought Mistborn from Tor's website directly, both books.  So hopefully I'll have them in a week and can chime in on whether or not they rule.

I fully expect them to, although I was warned the second book hangs on a cliffhanger, so I may only read the first book and wait on the second until it's closer to 3 being out. (October, I think the 14th)

Drizzt!!!!  Oooh Drizzt, is my fantasy land husband!  He's HAWT!  And Wonderful.  I think if I lived in Forgotten Realms I would kick Cattie-Brie's butt for him.  And that's saying a whole lot because I adore Catti-Brie as well.  This is the only place on the internet where I'm NOT named Guenthecat after Guenwhyvar.

I have read a few books in the past two weeks.  Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier (excellent book, based on the 12 dancing princesses fairy tale), Persuasion by Jane Austen, Deep Fathom by James Rollins, A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar, The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine (same person who wrote Ella Enchanted), Ice Hunt by James Rollins, and White Fang by Jack London.  Oh and Physick by Angie Sage.  Currently I am reading an historical account of Marco Polo and his travels.  Next I will be reading Runelords and Queste.

Can you tell I've been neglecting my homework? :P

Mmmm.. books.

Right now I'm reading A Feast For Crows, the last aSoIaF book. I LOVED the third one, but so far the fourth one is a bit slow going. Maybe just cause most of my favorite characters won't make an appearance in this one. Still, though, GRRM is a genious so I can't but expect something insane and crazy to happen which will make me love this book as well.

I just finished reading 'The Amber Spyglass' last night.  Actually I just finished reading the first two books as well. I bought a compilation book that had all three in one binding. :)

So this morning I picked up A Game of Thrones.  It's been on my shelf unread for about a year now.  I heard a lot of good things about it.  And I thought I'd post because Maria above me is reading the same series.  Cool coincidence.

Archived