DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is your LEAST FAVORITE character in WoT?

Illiara

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm notorious for saying that there is no character that I dislike. For the most part that is VERY true. I think all of them add something to this world, and even if they might be a$$%@@$^ at points, I still love them all.

But the one that really irkes me, especially when he's around Egwene, is Galad. Sometimes I just want to beat that guy to death. That's why I like the scene where Mat beats him up so much.

I'm notorious for saying that there is no character that I dislike. For the most part that is VERY true. I think all of them add something to this world, and even if they might be a$$%@@$^ at points, I still love them all.

But the one that really irkes me, especially when he's around Egwene, is Galad. Sometimes I just want to beat that guy to death. That's why I like the scene where Mat beats him up so much.

• 1 month later...

I never cared for any of the Maidens of the Spear. They are the female equivalent of...barbarians.

The scene that stood out for me was in The Fires of Heaven, chapter 29: Memories of Saldaea. It was a very cruel and heartless chapter, involving a woman named Isendre. Yeh, Isendre was a darkfriend, but those maidens were bad. Isendre was savagely whipped, badly beaten, stripped nude, and humiliated by getting shaved bald. Easily one of the most disturbing chapters in RJ's WOT series.

The Wise One, Therava,is another one I despise...With A Passion...for the same reason. Check out Knife of Dreams, chapter: 5, Something.....Strange. Yeh, Galina was a Red/Black Aja, but what Therava did to her was painful to watch. Therava is a real nutjob. If Therava were a nonfictional character, she would be locked up in prison or a mental institution for the criminally insane.

Egwene, because she is so downright hypocritical in so many ways that it would take a thousand word essay to list them all. And Elayne because her pride - "Oh no, Rand can't give me the throne, I have to get it myself. Notwithstanding the fact that if I get it myself Andor will be in a state of civil war and thousands will die because of it. But this way I feel good."

Especially in the later books, but starting as early as TFOH, Elayne is clearly the most annoying of characters to read.

It pains me to think of the number of trees that had to die so we could hear about her constant confusion about Rand, her desire to take the throne of a small-nation in the grand scheme of things, her dinner and dress selections, and her urgent need to be better than her mother while not listening to anyone who might have some useful info/advice.

In the later books, I would see an "Elayne" chapter and just skip it in my first read since I knew it would just bore/annoy me and come back to it only after finishing the rest of the book.

All other characters have some importance/redeeming qualities - elayne is just a shallow annoying waste of space in the books. The ones listed include Elaida (you need to have a villain or it ain't much of a story), Berelain (who has managed to fare much better for her people than just about any other ruler in the land), and Faile....(OK, I admit that she is pretty darn annoying also...but pales in comparison to elayne just because the volume of work written about elayne dwarfs Faile)

I never cared for any of the Maidens of the Spear. They are the female equivalent of...barbarians.

The scene that stood out for me was in The Fires of Heaven, chapter 29: Memories of Saldaea. It was a very cruel and heartless chapter, involving a woman named Isendre. Yeh, Isendre was a darkfriend, but those maidens were bad. Isendre was savagely whipped, badly beaten, stripped nude, and humiliated by getting shaved bald. Easily one of the most disturbing chapters in RJ's WOT series.

Not bagging your opinion, but that chapter didn't effect me that way at all. I reckon the Maidens are great - the fact that they aren't overly compassionate milk sops reinforces that. People get punished for what they deserve, and the way they do it makes sure that it won't happen again - something many other forms of punishment can't claim.

i just dont like Rand.. i know he has to be hard and tough and mean and all that, but really! omg! he whines like a little boy when he doesnt get what he wants!! and he feels constantly sorry for himself.. i only read Rand-chapters once.. after that i dont even bother, cause its all whine whine whine kill kill whine.. :P

the whitecloaks, they just thought they knew everything but they were always so far off and it just annoyed me so much that they took so long to find out, dramatic irony is all well and fine after its finished but it twists me all up and grrrr. just because i wouldnt change it doesnt mean i like to suffer whitecloak fools.

I can't remember the name of my least favorite charcter...

She's mentioned once in the first book, when she tries to kill Rand and Mat in the stables...

I remember that she is mentioned again sometime later in the series, in Tear i think...

But she is a Darkfriend who isn't even good at what she does, i think that RJ lingered too long on her and that she should never have been mentioned again after that one time in the stables :?

Not bagging your opinion, but that chapter didn't effect me that way at all. I reckon the Maidens are great - the fact that they aren't overly compassionate milk sops reinforces that. People get punished for what they deserve, and the way they do it makes sure that it won't happen again - something many other forms of punishment can't claim.

Well, yeh they definitely have a unique way of serving out justice. That's for sure. Not that I don't believe in harsh justice...myself..when it's necessary, but I still think the Maidens went too far...in this case.

To me, Isendre was at worst a little bit greedy and overconfident. Not truly evil, either. After she realizes her mistakes, I thought she actually became more sympathetic than ever. She just had no idea what she was getting herself into.

If I'd been Rand and found out about that, some Maidens heads would have rolled.

Guest Egwene

Masema! Can't stand the guy and hate the chapters that involve him. Some of the other characters annoy me at times but he is the only one that I positively loathe.

to MasterofBlades,

The Maidens were as harsh as they needed to be at the time...

Isendre wouldn't stop doing what they told her to do, so they kept punishing her...

At first she was only striped naked and forced to wear nothing but the stuff she "stole"...

after that she tried to sneak into bed with Rand...

So they beat her...

Then she continued to try and get with Rand, so after continued beatings, they shaved her head...

After a while, she STILL continued to get into Rand's Bedchamber, so they put her into Black robes and made her do pointless punishments...

She continued to try because she was a darkfriend and eventually the Maidens broke her and she stopped...

only once she was completly broken and she turned to the only person she trusted, Kadere, He killed her...

If anyone you should hate Kadere because he kill Isendre and the Fact that the Dude KILLED HIS OWN SISTER BECAUSE SHE MIGHT FIND OUT HE WAS A DARKFRIEND!!!

I agree with Dragonsworn, the Aes Sedai are very annoying. I suppose they have grown stale over time having to face nothing but troublesome rulers and the odd male channeler, along with some pretty dumb recruitment policies. But yeah, I think they were comfortable hiding away in their precious Tower and when something bigger than them came along they want to pretend it doesn't exist.

I can't remember the name of my least favorite charcter...

She's mentioned once in the first book, when she tries to kill Rand and Mat in the stables...

I remember that she is mentioned again sometime later in the series, in Tear i think...

But she is a Darkfriend who isn't even good at what she does, i think that RJ lingered too long on her and that she should never have been mentioned again after that one time in the stables :?

She comes up again in Ebou Dar, where Carridin orders her to see him dead.

Archived