DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is your LEAST FAVORITE character in WoT?

Illiara

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elaida-nobody likes you. You are the most enfuriating character ever. there is no other person, in books or real life, that is more infuriating. if i was in the WoT, my sole purpose would be to torture, and/or kill Elaida. there are not words strong enough to express my hate for her. nothing would make me happier than to see Rand bring her to heel, humiliate her, and then cut her off from saidar. i HATE her.

Elaida... She's not black ajah, she thought she was doing the right thing when she pulled down Siuan. Yes she's a bit confused and power hungrey. But she's not the first and only person in the universe. Do we know why she became who she is today?

I hate Elaida.. I just do. She's an ignorant, self absorbed self proclaimed snot, who believes she's the only thing in the world who can save the world. She's a power hungrey over obsesive contorl freak with no morals and an extremly bad temper. Plus, the way she's treated Suian and Leane, she definately needs to be put in her place. And can anyone forget the idiotic schemes she's had for Rand? almost as bad as that whip woman from the waste, you know, the one who pretended to be a wise woman and clan chief, and caused all the problems with Rand and the Aiel.

But she got what she deserved, Elaida hasn't yet.It'd be great for RJ to bring Chuck Norris into the story and kick Elaida's butt! Roundhouse style!

Berelain is a slut with very poor morals. Faile is annoying and pig-headed, but she started out well. I think most people dislike her because they dislike how long her capture took to resolve.

I don't dislike Halima, I dislike how incapable anyone in the camp is at figuring out that Halima is responsible, especially Egwene.

However there is no excuse for Elaida. I can understand her point of view, and with her visions how she believes she will somehow help save the world. What I cannot forgive is how she deposed Suian.

Using the Dragon's rebirth and Suian's involvement as an excuse for a power grab and the exercising of a personal grudge is just unexcusable. She was willing to take her own revenge-lust to the point of killing Suian, and the relative innocent of Leane as well. And in so doing she fractured the tower on what is the eve of the Last Battle.

And if that wasn't bad enough, she follows it up with a pretentious belief that she can just dissolve an ancient sect of the Aes Sedai by claiming the Blue Ajah is no more. And then goes further power-mad with her treatment of the remaining Aes Sedai. She's way off the deep end and the humbling that Alvie gave her was not nearly enough. She needs to go down hard.

As red ajah from Elaida's POV what Siuan and Moraine did was sacrilegious and against everything she and her ajah had been working for for what, thousands of years? In her POV they were handling a very delicate situation very badly and needed to be taken down whatever means necessary before they destroyed Randland. Elaida, I don't think, had a particular grudge against Siuan. She had a grudge against everyone. I don't think Siuan had some great emphasis.

Berelain is the Cleopatra of Randland. She does everything she can for her people. Sacrificing her personal interests is part of it. Okay what she did with Perrin was wrong. But she calmed down when she realized how much Faile meant to him.

Faile. Confused. Trying to be a good wife despite cultural differences. And it's not her fault she took so long to be rescued. Geez people! :lol:

Oh and what clue did Egwene have before to figure Halima out?

I used to hate all the women in WOT series. They thoght they knew everything!! I couldn't stand them. Well, then I realized that RJ knows character writing. If he didn't write them so well, we wouldn't have the emotions, good or bad, about them. I do have to say after reading the books for the 5th time, the only one I still can't stand is Faile. Her selfishness, pride (wich usually isn't a bad thing) and "I'm a high born" attitude drives me insane. If I didn't like Perrin so much, I would wish her death!! To be honest, at times I wondered if RJ thought of women the way her wrote them. I put the series down for quite a while because of his portrayl of women. Funny, how after reading it a few times you realize he doensn't mean to make woman sound so....annoying, for a better term. But realizes that both sexes can't understand the other. LOL.

U guys r proper HATERS wit the characters!!!

Come on take it easy :roll: .

Anyway, Elaida is a character whos selfish and naive but u gotta hve to admit shes kinda scary!!!

Especially in bed :) (me think)!!

I think Elaida is the only chac tat uses sex as a tool for pain and humiliation. :twisted:

You know wat Elaida is an OK female,its Faile tat seems to annoy me now,wat a.........!!!

SO FAILE BEGONE UR NOT WANTED!!!!

Hey, you aren't perfect either. Be nice :P

I don't mind Elaida that much, either. I know she's frustrating, but I'm just not bothered by her as much as I am with Egwene or Faile. It doesn't make much sense, but Elaida is just one of those characters that I...uh, love to hate. -_-

...Public schools.

Despite playing World of WarCraft with quite a few people who are 13-14, they all type and talk with much better grammar than was shown in that monstrosity of a post.

Oh, and I hate Egwene and Elayne, especially Egwene. I think Egwene should lose the fight to Elaida and Elaida becoms Amyrlin Seat uncontested.

Or Moiraine become Amyrlin seat, that'd be cool.

I don't know, I hated Elaida for a while, but after getting her revenge on white ajah woman (I've not read the books in a while). She's grown on me.

Rand p***es me off no end these days. And maybe Min and her 'he's my man and he can do what he wants' nonsense.

Jeff

Elayne- reading about her later in the series is like driving a nail through your head

Faile- ditto but a little less extreme

Nynaeve- at times, depends who she's with

Egwene- extremely arrogant but was fun in the last book

Moghedien- crap villian, and what kind of name is Moghedien anyway? Sounds like the name of a "cute" Japanese cartoon monster

I don't get how anyone can hate Rand, there really isn't anything to hate of late. He does about as much as Demandred, and you know just about as much of his intentions.

Guest Karana Majin
Loial with his commitment issues and quivering ears whenever that girl-ogier was near. What a goober.

*giggles* This might be my all time favorite quote about a WoT character, ever. I laughed out loud, for real.

But I like Loial, so I can't really agree. Do agree with Elayne and Faile, they are both snooty and pretentious and think they know more than everyone else.

Archived