DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne - necessary for the Last Battle? Maybe not?

Tigara

I was thinking. When an Accepted, Elaida had a foretelling that the Royal house of Andor was necessary to win the Last Battle. She then attached herself to Morgase when she was raised Aes Sedai.

Was House Trakand in power during the Foretelling, or was it Mantear? If Mantear, Elayne is unnesessary. Because Rand is of House Mantear through his mother, would that not mean that Elaida's Foretelling was about Rand?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not necessarily, Eladia's foretelling was definetly about Rand, but Elayne as the ruler of Andor has influence in getting her country to support The Dragon Reborn. Even if she wasn't personally involved with Rand her political support would be crucial for the final Battle.

mind, before i get into this I used to love Elayne but in the last 2 books I've come to vehemently hate her. So part of this comes from there.

Elayne can't even get a hold on her own country, and no wonder with what she's been playing at, so what support is she going to offer rand?

Yes the nobles were unhappy, yes the people were unhappy, but when rand ruled Andor they would have followed him into the last battle just as Tear and Cair would have. Now he has a nation torn by constant civil war, famine and poor leadership in *all* of its nobles.

Actually she just finished uniting her country and began to bring it back together by winning her throne and crown. She's gained support by the majority of the noble families, and will begin preparing them for their march on Tarmon Gai'don.

Under Rand they would have obeyed from pure fear that he'd balefire them all into the AoL if they didn't do as he said. With Elayne they have an actual, elected ruler who they know won't just play Rand's games and will do what's best for her country.

The civil war is over, the leadership is strong, and the famine (which is plauging every country thanks to the DO) is being dealt with as effiecently as possible.

Actually she just finished uniting her country and began to bring it back together by winning her throne and crown. She's gained support by the majority of the noble families, and will begin preparing them for their march on Tarmon Gai'don

Even if in her stupid, pretty, and arrogant head Elayne believed she united the countries behing her, it was only because of the fear of Rand. The lesser of two evils.  Rand held the grip so Elayne could return.  No matter what, that thrown was held for her.  The nobles were cowed, plotting, and whatever under Rand, but he took care of 90% of the problem.

Remember, Morgaise was a runner up queen (due to missing heirs) and an agreement on succession. Dont make me look back in the books, but I think she was only a cousin or something.  Elayne's claim was actually no better than others. Sans Rand, she would have never have grabbed the thrown.

In addition to my last reply where I spelled throne as thrown, House Trakand is unimportant as per the reasons given in the beginning of the post.  They got that correct. By blood, it is Rand.

Can we kill off Elayne now!!!!!

Personally I think that Elayne herself will have more pressing things to attend to when TG comes than standing on the front lines. More suckling things, really, of the pink, two-armed, two-legged variety.

However having seen the sheer size of Andor on the map, and considering how the Emonds Fielders all say they never considered themselves part of Andor until now, I think the significance of Elayne will be her ties to Rand.

mind, before i get into this I used to love Elayne but in the last 2 books I've come to vehemently hate her. So part of this comes from there.

Elayne can't even get a hold on her own country, and no wonder with what she's been playing at, so what support is she going to offer rand?

Yes the nobles were unhappy, yes the people were unhappy, but when rand ruled Andor they would have followed him into the last battle just as Tear and Cair would have. Now he has a nation torn by constant civil war, famine and poor leadership in *all* of its nobles.

Most of the Andoran Nobles said they would not follow Rand, making it all the more important for Elayne to take the throne. 

Granted, there would be no Lion throne if not for Rand, but that's beside the point.

I just got to the pasrt where Morgase is getting uppity with Perrin about "Elayne

will claim the throne by right"  and all I could think of was "did Rahvin know that when he was sending you to bed like a little girl?

Personally I think that Elayne herself will have more pressing things to attend to when TG comes than standing on the front lines. More suckling things, really, of the pink, two-armed, two-legged variety.

Fortunatly, she does not have to be riding with the army, she just has to give the order.

Will some one correct me if I'm wrong...

Rand's real mother was married...or some how related to...one of the nobles in Cairhien so right? So that would mean either both Rand and Elayne (possibly only Rand...maybe only Elayne) actually have the right to go after the crown for Cair as well right?

And for some reason I cannot get out of my head that Moraine and Rand are some how distantly related as well...has to do with house Damondred...I don't know that's always been a shady kind of connection for me. I'll have to make an actual family tree or something to figure this one out.

But Elayne has actually hase a very important role to making sure the last battle is won if Cadsuane is correct. Rand has to remember how to laugh and cry (and love...basically feel human emotions and some times let them show). Elayne is going to be the mother of his children. Ask any respectable man what it is like to be a daddy for the first time. Most of them consider it to be quite the emotional amazing thing.

Guest durram laddel cham

Rand could claim the trone of Carhein, but he doesn't have Carheinin blood.

eehm okay Shaiel( forgot her real name) Rands mom was married to Taringeal Damodred, who was Moiraine's cousin(?). So they aren't related by blood, but in a way related yeah.

What I think is funny is that Rands uncle (Luc) is slayer with Isam, who is Lans halfbrother and Lan is/was Moiraines warder. While Moiraine is distant realted to Rand. It all fits together. :D

Guest leebarr

The fortelling is about Rand and Elayne is needed to bring Andor behind Rand giving him one less thing to worry on.

it could mean house deomndread, after all rand's mother was supposedly wed to him when she fled to the waste, and then gave birth to rand on dragonmount, it connects both houses... and could put either rand or elyane on both thrones, he could also put Grawn on both thrones or even galad... i was suprised he didn't place moraine on carian's it would have gotten her out of his hair, but... that was untill i read NS at least.......

Blood or no blood, it doesnt matter.  After reading 10,000+ pages for the third time without a notepad, I still dont know who is related to who. I do know that Moiraine, Elayne, and Rand are related somehow, but who cares.  Rand has the aiel, control of 5 armies, Penn and Tellers magic men outside of Caemlyn.  He has every force known to man at his fingertips, yet it slips away. How could this happen?

I have realized now that his name is Rand Al'Bush.

Archived