DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne - necessary for the Last Battle? Maybe not?

Tigara

sorry for my persistence in this issue but i found a direct quote in the book saying ruling house.. its page 216, a matter of thought, lord of chaos.in the following scene nynaeve and elayne have accompanied aes sedai from salidar to elaidas study in the world of dreams.

she (elayne) stopped fretting over where her m,other really was when she heard sheriam mention her name. Not speaking to her; reading hurriedly from a square sheet of paper that become a long parchment with three seals at the bottom..............the ruling house of andor, sheriam read, was "the key", which made as little sense. the key to what?

to me thats pretty clear, although if anyone knows of any other references to thsi prophecy i would love to nkow so i can look it up.

to me that makes sense though with regards to the storyline, it would explain why elaynes claim to the throne of andor is such a central issue in part of the book. i think it works like all prophecies, in that certain conditions have to be met to be fulfilled. i dont think it refers to lineage or bloodlines, i think it refers to who will be in power at the time of TG as opposed to who was in power at the time of the foretelling. rather than identifying a bloodline in being important (or key) to TG,its more an emphasis on the throne, or seat of power.

i think that its a key issue in the books because if the wrong house is in power then that condition wont be met, therefore the prophecy wont be fulfilled spelling disaster for TG.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn im confused, my quote about ruling house of andor was in referenc to one of elaidas notes, yet later it says royal house of andor, in the next book. is this just a mistake? because either interpretation could mean different things for the story.

...lol sorry for not letting this go..

yes but elayne has not yet secured the throne has she not?

i think it does make a difference, when people are talking about royal house of andor they are referncing the bloodlines, that would mean the foretelling has already identified those concerned. if it is actually ruling house then its referencing the throne which is in contention, therefore who its referncing has not been specified...again i think its "key" because the wrong people could in theory gain the seat of power pre-TG.

i hope that makes sense. but il let it go at that and wait and see what happens!

yes but elayne has not yet secured the throne has she not?

i think it does make a difference, when people are talking about royal house of andor they are referncing the bloodlines, that would mean the foretelling has already identified those concerned. if it is actually ruling house then its referencing the throne which is in contention, therefore who its referncing has not been specified...again i think its "key" because the wrong people could in theory gain the seat of power pre-TG.

i hope that makes sense. but il let it go at that and wait and see what happens!

The Royal House is the House with all the Royals in - Trakand. It was Trakand when the series began, and Elayne has secured the throne so it is Trakand now. The ruling House is the House that rules. Again, Trakand. Elayne has secured the throne, and beaten her opposition. When people talk about the ruling or Royal House of Andor they are talking about Houses - specifically, the House that rules and the Royal House. They are one and the same in Andor.

Besides, if Mantear were the ruling house when Elaida had that Foretelling, wouldn't she have known?

Considering that after she had that Foretelling she attached herself to House Trakand when Trakand was most likely to win the Succession, I think it's more likely that the Foretelling happened during the Succession, when the ruling house could have been any of them.

But, in the end, Mantear (Rand) and Trakand (Elayne) are BOTH vital to winning Tarmon Gai'don...

Can we kill off Elayne now!!!!!

I certainly hope so!

but unlike many people who started hating her in the last two books... ive hated her the whole series. And does anyone else just want the "edmonds fielders" to be "screw andor we are MANATHERIN!" im sick of people saying hey, (cough elayne) "emdonds feild is a part of andor! thats rebellion! we havent looked at you in generations! you were attacked by trollocs and had to fend for yourself! and now that you start making income you owe me money to fill my coffers! i mean... andors coffers!"

booooo!

i say screw andor and become manatherin!

Besides, if Mantear were the ruling house when Elaida had that Foretelling, wouldn't she have known?

Considering that after she had that Foretelling she attached herself to House Trakand when Trakand was most likely to win the Succession, I think it's more likely that the Foretelling happened during the Succession, when the ruling house could have been any of them.

But, in the end, Mantear (Rand) and Trakand (Elayne) are BOTH vital to winning Tarmon Gai'don...

Perhaps she misinterpreted it to mean Trakand, after all, how could Mantear be important after losing the throne? It would be Robert Jordan's style to make her completely misunderstand her own foretellingb and that it's referring to the dragon Reborn.

Can we kill off Elayne now!!!!!

I certainly hope so!

but unlike many people who started hating her in the last two books... ive hated her the whole series. And does anyone else just want the "edmonds fielders" to be "screw andor we are MANATHERIN!" im sick of people saying hey, (cough elayne) "emdonds feild is a part of andor! thats rebellion! we havent looked at you in generations! you were attacked by trollocs and had to fend for yourself! and now that you start making income you owe me money to fill my coffers! i mean... andors coffers!"

booooo!

i say screw andor and become manatherin!

ditto.

Guys... Elayne is here to stay until she has her babies. I can understand being annoyed by her, and to tell the truth so am I, but wanting her dead is... harsh.

Perhaps she misinterpreted it to mean Trakand, after all, how could Mantear be important after losing the throne?

Mantear could not be the ruling house or the royal house if it had already lost the throne, though.

Guys... Elayne is here to stay until she has her babies. I can understand being annoyed by her, and to tell the truth so am I, but wanting her dead is... harsh.

Perhaps she misinterpreted it to mean Trakand, after all, how could Mantear be important after losing the throne?

Mantear could not be the ruling house or the royal house if it had already lost the throne, though.

But it hadn't.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked Elayne till Book 11. I like her less now. :'(

Her pregnancy just screwed up her brain.

as i have so fervantly stated many times here..

ive always hated her... she sucks.. especially when shes around mat... than mat makes fun of her and its great

Sorry, but I have to do this.  Somewhere on page 3 of this thread billoumm7 says:

thanks you five thousand spellcheckers!

to which Bob T Dwarf responded:

We are a small but well organized groop.

Again, sorry, but it made me laugh.

As to the Elayne being necessary the foretelling that Elaida had while still an Accepted said that the Royal House of Andor was the keyto the last battle.  Seems to apply more to Rand via Tigraine than Elayne via Morgase.

Archived