DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne - necessary for the Last Battle? Maybe not?

Tigara

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
though if Avi doesn't hurry-up and get back to tell her what they are and which are safe to handle and which not.

Yeah, otherwise Elayne may outfit the Aes Sedai with those "Red-Rod" ter'angreals, you know, the ones that feel warm. It'd be quite a sight when the AS unleashed their "secret weapon".

LOL, it would be quite the distraction in battle.

Guest Dreadlord

Although you agreed I think you misunderstood Bob, Elayne can MAKE Ter'angreal, which is why I would say she is far from useless for the Last Battle. the more she learns regarding making them, the more use she is. Granted she hasn't made many yet, but it is still early days in that respect.

She may be great at making terangreal, but how much time does she have? There's almost two million soldiers in Arad Doman. If they don't move soon, they'll eat the area bare, and I can't see the sea folk getting there on time to make much of a difference if they aren't already on the move.

Nah, Elaine's use is mostly as political liaison for the Dragon Reborn.

if you can, because of a ter'angreal, make much larger gateways (or whatever they're called, those things in the air to jump from one spot to the next), so troops can be transported immediatelly, it would make a HUGE difference, even if there's only one (it could be transported)

I think all three of Rand's "wives" are supposed to have something to aid him at TG.  Otherwise, why would the Pattern have fated them to come together? And remember those fireflies fighting the shadow around Rand(from Min's vision)?  I'm willing to bet that Elayne is one of those that adds hers to Rand's. I think he'll need all of the "core group" of characters in one way or another to achieve victory. So they're all necessary. It would be a waste of hundreds of pages if she wasn't, anyway.

Elaynes ability to make ter'angreal seems quite irrelevant to TG, since there is very little time left, and she can barely channel as it is. Her ability to channel will continue to decrease until her babies are born, and since it is most likely that will happen after TG, no ter'angreal from her, except perhaps one or two copies of ones she knows what they do.

Guest Dreadlord

LOL, ok, Im guna step down from this thread as Iv already made a few errors. Getting mixed up with a few bits, its a while since I read the later books. Think I was getting mixed up with Elayne being pregnant and a vision about Avi, am I right in saying she will have Rands kids though? Wasnt there a vision of her having his babies? I think that will be the "remnant of a remnant"

When Rand and Elayne has a go at it, Min blurts out that Elayne will get pregnant with twins from this, and that Avi will have four kids at once with Rand.

As for a remnant of a remnant, right now it seems more likely that the Shaido will be that remnant, since they are set on returning to the Waste and never leave again.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking. When an Accepted, Elaida had a foretelling that the Royal house of Andor was necessary to win the Last Battle. She then attached herself to Morgase when she was raised Aes Sedai.

Was House Trakand in power during the Foretelling, or was it Mantear? If Mantear, Elayne is unnesessary. Because Rand is of House Mantear through his mother, would that not mean that Elaida's Foretelling was about Rand?

The foretelling could be about the line of Ishara as a whole, and thus point to both of them.

As for a remnant of a remnant, right now it seems more likely that the Shaido will be that remnant, since they are set on returning to the Waste and never leave again.

It's not like there aren't other Aeil still in the waste. All the clans except for the Shaido only sent their warriors over the Dragonwall. The women, children and other men stayed behind.

how could Elayne be worth anything... she cant even grasp the power, and she is PREGNANT! as nyneve (spellcheckers!) proved the last battle is comming much faster than that, so i say give Elayne a nice kick and put one of rand's sworn aes' sedi on the throne of andor... Elayne is USELESS! aside from her bearing rand's kids, but he always has Avihendia (spellcheckers!) and Min for that too! it cant be about Elayne...

• 1 month later...

correct me if im wrong but i just read a mention to this foretelling in lord of chaos and it says elaida foretold that the RULING HOUSE of andor is key to tarmon gaidon, it didnt not mention blood lines. can anyone confirm this as this discussion centres on bloodlines, i would prefer to believe what i read in the actual book.. though who knows i could have dreamt i read that.. :S

Aviendha will most certainly be part of that remnant, whatever it may be, since she isn't even pregnant yet. Unless Tarmon Gai'don is more than nine months away, which in my opinion is absurd...

Archived