DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tributes to Robert Jordan

Guest RJordan

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is beautiful considering the circumstance under which it was written. You seriously brought me to tears. I am sure RJ is smiling down you and your kind words. It has a Jordan essence to it. Great work.

One thing we can all take comfort in is each other. We fans are not alone, and at least RJ's books will remain. We can still hear his laughter, feel his sorrow, and visit his soul through his books. Take care.

Hello.  I think this is a great idea as a gift for Harriet.  I've lurked here at Dragonmount.com for some time but finally registered just to see if y'all still need help with this project.  I have 35+ years crochet experience so I think I could be some help. 

Guest nephitess

You are totally welcome to join us. *hugs*

http://www.crochetnmore.com/hexagon.htm

here is a hexagon pattern if you don't already have one. please feel free to use your own if you have one. the size we are tring for is about 2 1/2 - 3 inches per side.

Welcome to the Effort!!! LOL :D

Participants so far

Knitters/Crocheters:

nephitess

Zardi

Joiya

Cleopatra

El'Gee

Niamh Sedai

Raeyn

ironcross

damane

Jaydena

Faelene

Loreina

Spinytail

Misa

Quilt assembly:

nephitess

Artists:

Andrea

Cleopatra

ironcross

Writers:

SBoydW

Ajah24

crihavoc

Collage of contributors:

Corran

Card/book assembly and binding:

Zardi

Help with shipping costs:

Kathana

So once anyone has there patches done i'll PM you my address so please let me know by posting here. your guys are awsome...keep it up. :D

My deepest sympathies to Mr Rigney's family. I've been an avid reader of the Wheel of Time series for over half my life now and have enjoyed every single book. I just did the math tonight and realised it's been about 16years since I picked up the first book and even though the earlier books are slightly tattered or torn now, they still hold pride of place on my bookshelf. RJ has and will always remain my favourite author. I will truely mourn the loss of him as I am sure many will also. But I would also like to thank him for all the wonderful years of reading he gave us.

Rest In Peace RJ

You'll remain in our hearts always.

CelticRose

Guest nephitess

23 or more if your up for it! :D the more the better then if some people drop out we have extra. *hugs*

Oh and the time limit...If you all could have the patches in them mail by the 2-3 week ov november that would be great! that will give me time to put it together and send it. :D

• Community Administrator

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SinisterDeath/?action=view&current=ATributeToRJ.flv

For the last 3 days, I've had the song "Dust in the Wind" stuck in my head. Its bizzare to, I haven't heard it in a good 4 months! And the last time I heard it, was Wil Ferrel in Old School...

And with RJ passing a week ago, I put 2 and 2 together and made a RJ Tribute Video. I don't really consider it finished, but it may as well be finished. (I need to find a video of RJ at some of his book signings to really complete it.)

I cannot recall ever being so sad at a non family member dying as I do now.  Shock, and empty is how I feel.  Robert Jordan, has been a part of my life for at least 12 years,I am so sad at his passing.

To Robert, You will certianly always remain a part of mine, as well as many other lives here in this world.  I am sad that you had to wake from the dream we are in.

Archived