DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tributes to Robert Jordan

Guest RJordan

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Stefania Sedai

Hey, guys, forgive me for busting in on the conversation, but I am coordinating a tribute to RJ for the Ocotber issue of the Hornsounder and I would like to include something about your efforts. Is it possible to get a picture of the quiilt, or maybe a rough estimate of the number of patches contributed? Actually if someone wanted to write about this project and send it to me that would be great, too! nathansmomma2002@yahoo.com

Well i must say RJ is the best writer i have ever read. I'm only 21 but I have read quite a few books and I must say RJ has captivated me like no other, Also i just recently heard about his Fallon books this makes me so sad that he left us because my name is Brian Michael Fallon and my brothers name is Jason Robert Fallon, also my half brothers name (my fathers first wife's child)is James Fallon i wish i could have been born sooner to read these books when they first came out but i was not. So, I just think that it is so crazy that two famous writers have written about the Fallon's (the other is Louis La'amour with his book called Fallon) we are not exactly all over the place in fact i have never met anyone who was not my aunt Sally with the last name Fallon ever or met anyone who has so. James Oliver Rigney I would like to say you changed lives, more lives than u could ever know so may you always find water and shade this day and every day from this day forth.

i was recently just found the robert jordan wheel of time series at the book festival and i have to say i was up till at lest dusk every night or mornin, what ever,  they're master pieces and always will be this books will forever stay in my heart no matter where i go. robert Jordan will surely be missed around the world for he made a small world of his own of love and laughter, sorrow and pain and good and bad, he was the strongest influence on me to start writing my own book. i sincerly hope that family or close friends of Robert Jordan finish and publish the final novel even though some would see it was an insult to his legacy it would be the cause of happiness of millions of fans aournd the world. i would also like to see the movie of the Wheel of Time  carried out PLEASE  :'( :'( REPECT AND LOVE TO ONE OF THE TRULY GREATEST WRITERS OF ALL TIME

Jannico(A.K.A Milith)

Well said, and I concur on all fronts.  I only joined this site yesterday, and I did not read many posts prior to joining.  My connection to RJ was alomst solely through his books.  Even so, I felt I knew him.  What an enormous loss to the world.  An even bigger loss to his family.  They are in my prayers, and I wish the best for them.  I hope their days until they meet up with RJ somewhere better are filled with joyous memories of their time with RJ here.

We are all lucky to have had the chance to know him, even if only through his books.  Thanks, RJ.  You will be missed.

Guest nephitess

OK people....I want to thank everyone for their help...But i need to remind you all that the patches need to be to me by the middle to third week of november or i'll not be able to finish the quilt. I also will not be able to finish the quilt if i do not have enough patches. I love RJ and and want to do this for his lovely wife....but i will not be able to have this done by December on my own. Please everyone...get those patches to me!!!

*huggles all*  Your awsome!!! Patch Power!!!! LOL

How many patches do you have so far, Nephitess? How many more are needed? I have 7 so far and am producing them as I'm able. One hex is enough to set the muscles in my left shoulder twitching (fine work + tension + old injury = twitching). With a break between hexes, that's keeping my production down to two a night. My goal is 23 (since someone mentioned that number) and I am getting faster but the muscle twitching is proving to be an issue. I'm planning to get whatever I have done by November 1 in the mail to you later this week.

Guest nephitess

sweet...thanks hun...any that you do is great. I think I have about a 1 hundred...we need 2 hundred more....but if there is less that is ok it can be a bit smaller. I'm going for the full size though.

Thanks everyone!!

Zardi, you wanna take this or do you want me to?

Whoops, sorry nephi, didn't see that. It's up to you :) You're the one with the quilt, though, so if they want a picture of it, maybe it should be you :-\ Or you can take a picture and I'll write a bit about it, doesn't matter :)

I haven't had time to do much of anything except school work lately, but I hope to get a lot more patches finished. I'll try my best, I promise :( If we don't get enough done, though, we could still make a nice pillow case or something similar. I'm trying to picture 100 hexagons, and it isn't working too well :P

OMG! I have only just discovered this thread! My poor little computer has been out of action for the last month!  I would love to participate and will try to get some squares done and ship them next week - daren't leave it any later as I live in England!!!

Guest Stefania Sedai

Just a reminder that if you want something included in the HS tribute about the quilt I would need info ASAP. Thanks!

If anyone is interested, I found some free patterns on the Michael's website for hexagons. I think they're slightly different from the ones we have on here so far.

I have not looked closely at them, so don't know what adjustments they might need to be the correct size and such.

http://michaels.lionbrand.com/patterns/60148.html

http://michaels.lionbrand.com/patterns/60153.html

http://michaels.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-hexagonAfghan.html

Guest nephitess

aerynsun, Your awsome!! please do as many as possible....we truly appreiceate your help. :D

faerielin, thanks for the patterns.

OK everybody...i sent in an artical for the Hornsounder and hope you all see it. *GGLS*

Neph I think you might need to remove me from the list, I can't get how to do this. I need to see someone do it but I can't find a hexagon tutorial. *sighs*

Have you tried going to a local yarn or needlework shop? When I was having problems, I went to one near my house and they were happy to help. One of the women walked my through the first one while she, the other lady there, and I sat at the table knitting, crocheting and gossiping. It turned out the shopowner's children both have all of RJs books so she said she would let them know about his passing, Dragonmount, and the quilt. If you have a local yarn shop, try there. I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Guest nephitess

That sounds like a great idea Orange...Jade if your having trouble it's ok...but if you have time maybe it would be fun to do what orange said. Either way *snugglebites* the effort you have already put in is what counts. Your amazing!!

Nope no local yarn shops, I wish cause that would better, I get my yarn at Micheal's and they barely have any selection. Walmart has a better selection but they for sure aren't going to sit down with me. *sighs* Thanks Neph. I will keep trying and maybe I will get it.

Nope no local yarn shops, I wish cause that would better, I get my yarn at Micheal's and they barely have any selection. Walmart has a better selection but they for sure aren't going to sit down with me. *sighs* Thanks Neph. I will keep trying and maybe I will get it.

I can't imagine Wal-mart being of any help at all and Michael's hasn't been the same since the family sold out to what's-his-name. One of the early posters on the thread posted a link to a site with video clips showing how to do different stitches. Did you look at them? Did they help at all? Are there any ladies at church or elsewhere locally who might be able to help? Perhaps there is a knitting or craft group you could hook up with.

hey jade..you may be surprised about walmart!  The folks in the fabric/craft area here in my area crochet and craft and have helped me when I asked...

is there a hobby lobby? 

ok neph just hooked me over here..and i am willing to crochet and help wiht cost of shipping the to tor...can't give much but some.

After I try one and time it I can let you know how many and by when I can get them to you...any color still goes?  I have tons of yarns...all colors, mostly worsted weight.

Right then..

*grins*

Ok..this is kind of a wonky pattern..but once you work through it...lays fine.  Now..you want the side to be 2.5 to 3 inches correct? *chews lip*  ok i have done three now..and gone to a G hook on the second..still coming up just at 3 and an eighth inch to a side and I am a tight crocheter...am I measuring wrong? 

And  you are in Canada neph?  and want these by the 15th of November?  So that gives me about seven days to crochet!  Yippee!  Thirty should be a snap...and probably more.  You know if you have an over abundance of the hex's you could make a pillow!  *winks*  I'm an optimist that you will have more than enough dear!!!

Is that going to be ok?  by the 15th of November?

He certainly had the greatest of minds. And though I wasn't among the fortunate to have met him, I'm 100% sure he also had a great personality. His ability to cope with his disease, the devotion to his loved ones and his dedication to his legacy that is known as WoT is the greatest proof possible for all of these things. I've read a lot about him as well as a lot by him, and I couldn't be more impressed by anyone. He will be missed by a whole world.

Robert Joran was probably one of the greatest writers of all time. His books have entranced me like no other series of books ever written. He leaves behind millions of adoring fans and a legacy that will last forever. Nothing I write here will ever be as good as anything he has written, but I'll write it anyway. Thanks a lot RJ for all your amazing books.

Archived