DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tributes to Robert Jordan

Guest RJordan

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nephitess

the blanket is stalled at the moment because of the varied sizes of the patches. Once i have moved, i'll be working on it. it will work out!!

Hi all. I'm new to this forum, actually any forum, so please excuse any blunders.

I've knitted for over 40 years now, yes I'm really old, and I'll try knitting the hexagon tonight. Maybe if all the hexagons were blocked to the size required and then mailed they would be easier to sew together. The other option I can think of is to crochet the hexagons together ala granny square afghan.

Guest nephitess

thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of piecing them together in a circle like pattern from smallest to biggest...if that makes sense. do you think that would work?

As we all have said and thought countless times, you will be missed. Come people stay aware of the danger this poses to us all. A taveren has died, and this can be proved by thus, only taveren would have been able to write something as great as these books to wrap us in his weave of the wheel. Everyone stay aware that even though they have said the final book will be published it was not even close to being finished and it will be a much harder task than they believe to finish writing a wheel of time book. Robert Jordan did it with such grace that I don't think they have any idea what exactly they are doing even with his notes that he left. Be aware that they may try to drop the project and if that even begins to look like it could be happening we need to be ready to act. Most of the people working on this final project are gonna be in it for the money not for the love of more knowledge into one of the greatest minds ever created. So if they believe that this book isn't worth the trouble we will have to be ready to act to show them that it is. We must be ready to show that we will stop at nothing not even short of wanting his notes for us to finish the book ourselves. For it would be an injustice to humanity itself to see the dream of the great taveren, Robert Jordan, to go unfinished.

It looks like the book is going to be written by one of our own.  Surely that is the best possible thing to happen, under these sad circumstances?

Let's all offer Brandon Sanderson our support and help, if needed.  Surely no author has ever faced such a daunting task, whilst at the same time had so many people ready to do whatever little bit they can to help.

Many of us (myself included) have read all the books several times over, and should Mr Sanderson ever need help on an obscure bit of detail, he need only post a question here - someone is bound to supply the answer  :)

After reading WoT for almost a year, I had almost finished the 10th and was enthralled. My father and I couldn't put these books down and we fought over who would get to read the book before going to bed. So we'd each keep the book for a day or two at a time. A few weeks back I went to look online for info on the 12th, and found that RJ had passed away. With a bit of sniffles knowing I'd never be able to meet Jim. I realized I'd already had through each and every one of his books. I feel for all RJ's family and friend's loss. I can only wish I'd found these books sooner. Thank you James for wonderful year as I sat in school thinking about Rand and the amazing world you created.

- Tom

well.........im currently reading the 10th book.....crossroads of twilight...

and i can say this.........i used to love Tolkien and the lord of the rings......the entire series......

after i read The Wheel Of Time novels......i totally forgot about LOTR....

the way robert jordan wrote those books.........i never wanted to put the book down.....usually one might think "okay...lets eat food then continue".....but me.......WELL!!! i forgot about everything when i read those......

after reading the first three......i went back to the shop......well.....i ended up buying all the rest....immediately!

now those 11 books are the most prominent things on my shelf...somewhere where everyone who enters my room can see it......

As we all have said and thought countless times, you will be missed. Come people stay aware of the danger this poses to us all. A taveren has died, and this can be proved by thus, only taveren would have been able to write something as great as these books to wrap us in his weave of the wheel. Everyone stay aware that even though they have said the final book will be published it was not even close to being finished and it will be a much harder task than they believe to finish writing a wheel of time book. Robert Jordan did it with such grace that I don't think they have any idea what exactly they are doing even with his notes that he left. Be aware that they may try to drop the project and if that even begins to look like it could be happening we need to be ready to act. Most of the people working on this final project are gonna be in it for the money not for the love of more knowledge into one of the greatest minds ever created. So if they believe that this book isn't worth the trouble we will have to be ready to act to show them that it is. We must be ready to show that we will stop at nothing not even short of wanting his notes for us to finish the book ourselves. For it would be an injustice to humanity itself to see the dream of the great taveren, Robert Jordan, to go unfinished.

great words, Emrys.......but has it clicked to you that even we may have that 'grace' in our writing that the great Robert Jordan had......his skill at writtng was so great that i...and even most probably you...must have actually felt that there was a world out there where all this happened...

i never felt as though it were a fantasy epic.......it was more like reality i was reading......

Guest nephitess

Hey there all.

I have been working on the quilt today and it seems it will be late. I'm soooooo, sorry about this. I know you all wanted it to be there for christmas...but it does no tlook like that will happen. I moved and have been swamped with thing for school. it wil be dieing down and i will have time to complete it...just not before christmas.

I's sorry everyone! :(

*snugglehugs* Don't worry 'bout that! Enjoy the season and it will be something nice for Harriet during that 'let-down' time after the Holidays. You know, when the parties are all over, the visiting is done, the presents are all opened, and the bills are yet to be paid. So depressing. So this way it will cheer her up just when she needs it. Aim for Valentine's Day! *nods*  ;) :)

Hey there all.

I have been working on the quilt today and it seems it will be late. I'm soooooo, sorry about this. I know you all wanted it to be there for christmas...but it does no tlook like that will happen. I moved and have been swamped with thing for school. it wil be dieing down and i will have time to complete it...just not before christmas.

I's sorry everyone! :(

I'm sure Harriet will be deeply touched whenever the gift is given. If you want a holiday to give it, there are a number of options. In some cultures the Christmas presents aren't given until Epiphany (January 6) since that commemorates the coming of Three Wise Men. Their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh started the whole Christmas gift thing.

Alternatively, the quilt could be given to Harriet as an Easter present. True, presents aren't usually given for Easter, but the holiday does celebrate the Resurrection. Since the gift was prompted by RJ's "entry into Paradise" (as the Book of Common Prayer puts it at some point--the prayers for the dead, I think) a gift given on the day that celebrates victory over Death and the immortality of the soul could be even more meaningful. It would remind her of the fan's love for her and RJ, of RJ's love for her, and of her expected reunion with him beyond the veil. That could be quite lovely and would also give you until March or April to finish.

Her birthday would also be a nice option, if anyone knows when it is.

*huggles* Sorry, didn't mean to make you sniffly! *tries to think of a joke to cheer up Nephi, but can't so she makes a funny face*  ;D

What Orange says is very true! I'd forgotten about Epiphany. And we may not give wrapped presents at Easter, but the Easter Bunny ALWAYS comes to my house.  ;) Just like Santa at Christmas, only on a much smaller scale!  :)

Guest nephitess

It is true...we will get it to her and it will be good. Maybe we can try for one of those days that Orange said.

*snuggles you all*

I remember the first time I read Eye Of The World. I was at my apartment, snowed in, and very bored. My roommate handed me the book and told me read this, I guarantee you won't be able to put it down. So I did, and he was right. From that day forward I went out and got every book I could get in the series, waited a little impatiently for the next one in the series. It's actually been there, though my life has changed so many different ways. No matter what was going on in life, I could pick up the first book, and start reading the series anew, and never once got bored with it.

Everytime I read the series, I find something knew that I either missed, or had forgotten. I have spent the past few years introducing the series to anyone I thought could fully appreciate the series the way it deserves to be appreciated. I really wish they'd make a series of movies, or maybe a mini series, yet if they do, they do, if not, not. You know Jordan was there for so many chapters of my life, and I can actually relate to each and every character in these books. They hold a cetain kind of life in everyone's minds, and to have the creator of the whole thing to wake from the dream, is a very, very sad thing to comprehend.

I can only hope the person they have finishing the series up, will do the WOT the justice that Jordan himself would have seen to. Tonight I start reading the series anew, a little heavy hearted, but with complete reverence for the master of the WOT, the true Drago, and creator, Robert Jordan, may he for ever feel the mother's last embrace.

Your poem kind of finds the words we all wished we could speak. This is truly a sad time for all of our WOT family, far and wide. I wish that I could wrap everyone up with a hug, and say it'll be okay, yet the world seems a little darker, a little bit colder, as the blight begins it creep across our world. May the creator rest forever in peace.

I haven't visited the forums for quite some time, and just found out less than 5 minutes ago. I kick myself in the groin for being so damn oblivious.

I'm lousy as hell when it comes to honoring the memory of those who have passed on, but I just wish to say that RJ and WoT has changed my attitude towards the fantasy genre ever since I first picked up Book 1. It sparked my interest in the above genres where before I had utterly resented them.

He had created something out of nothing, and that to me, is greater than the One Power can ever be.

BP

bottle eater

Archived