DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tributes to Robert Jordan

Guest RJordan

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever since reading the conclusion to The Eye of the World, I have been intrigued by The Wheel of Time. Once I finished the series, I decided I was going to write a letter to Robert Jordan thanking him for writing such an amazing piece of literature, though I never did. Something would come up - school would get in the way, It would be too late in the day to think straight, or I just could not think of the words needed to describe such a series. Eventually I read about Robert Jordan's death. I realized it was too late to write that letter.

I don't know if I'm doing the wright thing to write down here my feelings and experience with The Wheel of Time. I'm very sad that Robert Jordan passed away. I love his writing so much and I was so sad that this catching and wonderfull story wouldn't have some ending.........It made me glad to read Harriet's message that the next book will be written. How will things end for Mart and Perrin and what about Rhand and his lost hand. It is for me one of the most exiting stories ever written. I'm from Holland and I will be waiting for the last book of The Wheel of Time.

I discovered the series about two years ago when I picked up the first book because I liked the art work on the cover, since then I have read the entire series except New Spring because I loved RJ's story, his colorful characters which have since made me laugh,cry and sometimes both at the same time. Before I started reading New Spring I heard about RJ's passing and immediatly started crying and since then have not had the heart to read the last part of the story.The Wheel of Time series has brought me comfort when I needed it the most, gave me friends when I needed a hug, but mostly showed me how one man's words can touch thousands of people and inspire them in everything they may do. For that I want to send my thanks and condolences to RJ's family and many friends. You have shared with the world a great treasure that will be sorely missed but never forgotten.

Ashley Johnson

• 2 weeks later...

Robert Jordan was the most amazing author of all times.  I started reading his books 2 years ago and finished the 11th one a year ago.  During that time, I had 3 accidents and 2 surgeries.  His books brought me through.  I don't know how he did it, but I was so depressed these years that the only thing to help me were his books.  The fact that he is gone, hits us all too hard, and too fast.  But we must remember him and move on.  The Lord Dragon still exists, in our hearts and never shall we forget him.  We as members here at Dragonmount are all bound by his books, his writing and his ways.  I wished so much this past year to just enter his books and leave reality.  Robert Jordan, Lord Dragon, Thank You so much for all that you have done for me and all other members.  You changed us and our lives forever.  Rest Peacefully and Forever shall we remember you.

Guest leebarr

I'm a writer working on my first book. I have a chacter i am going to introduce who is Rob of House Jor who's estetes produce the finest paper and he is also know as a very wise man who people seek advice from. a saying he uses is "Death is like a kiss from a feather, Duty can weigh down like a mountain"

Guest Dashara

I like the name too.  It's a great way to honour him.  Can you tell what your book will be about or what genre it is?  Good luck getting it published!

Archived