DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome to the Band!!! - Zorina

demonspawn

A hale and hearty welcome to The Band of the Red Hand!

I'm Demonspawn! (Not literally) I'm RLO for the Infantry, You will recieve a PM from a senior staff member explaining all sorts of important stuff.

Then our esteemed MG Corki will give you the official spiel! Do not be too scared by this! ;)

Until then sit back and relax with a few brews, and above all else, have fun and rejoice in the knowledge that you are now part of THE best Org here at DM!

Welcome welcome into the band!

I'm Kris, CG for the infantry - here, have a Guinfantry or 5 - just a starter round for you!  Tis the best brew in the band save for Corki's own MG brew - and its a very close second to that!

You might want to hold on to something, the official spiel is a'comin' and it'll blow you away!

Welcome to the Band! It truly is the maddest but best place to be! I'm the other RLO of the Infantry, and we'll be seeing you on your round of the regiments. In the meantime, have a few guinnies (the infantry's official drink) and hold on to something tight, as that Spiel of Corki's has a tendency to blow people/appendages/clothes away! ;)

Welcome to the Band Zorina!!!  As my esteemed fellow members have already said, it's the best Org ever!!!   ;)

I'm Brid, Lt. General of the Cavalry.  I look forward to your week with us!

Now, this Spiel you are being warned about...take their advice and hold on to any loose articles of clothing, for it shall blow your socks off if you're not careful!!

*hands Zorina a Bandy or 10*  Official Cavalry brew, to help you wash out the aftertaste of the Guinny  *winks*

Hello Zorina! No we're not animals to be competing against each other.

But let's say we were animals and let's further say each regiment was a pig, the Cavalry pig would be building it's house with bricks!

Don't worry about the competitiveness of the Regiments - it's probably just spilling over from the Regimental Competition that the Senior Staff are currently running.

Anyway, are you ready for the Official Spiel? Holding onto everything tightly?? OK, here we go!

*official spiel*

Welcome Zorina! An email explaining important information about the Band is currently sitting in your inbox! Take a read! Also check your PMs too! ;)

Basically, the Band of the Red Hand is the Travel and Music ORG at DM! By signing up for the Band, you have joined the successful Raw Recruit Scheme. By signing up for the off board site, you will be able to experience the whole process to the maximum! The Executive Officer, Taymist will assign you to one of the three Regiments (Archers, Cavalry, Infantry) for a week, where you will be given various tasks to perform, hoping that you will get a picture of what time in each Regiment is like. After a week with each Regiment, you will be asked to pick your final choice of a Regiment.

While being a Raw Recruit, there is nothing stopping you from earning points like any other Band member. Points lead to promotion within the Band. Below is a list of possible ways to earn points:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- getting articles published in our monthly newspaper, The Hornsounder

- posting in the monthly roll call in the Band's private boards here at DM

- any DM project we may have, which includes our Quote Project (speak to Amavia and Angyl)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

If you complete your time as a Raw Recruit within 3 to 4 weeks, you will get a special award (called the Raw Recruit Stripe) which you can add to your siggy as well!

While being a Raw Recruit, you get 3 free strikes. This enables you to break Band Law 3 times without being punished by the Redarms, the Band's very own police force. If they see any Law breaking, they will either drag you up for a trial or give you a fun spot fine to do (usually 100 lines of something witty). Channeling is a major no-no in the Band. As is spilling Battle Brew, our beloved drink! Once you have used up your 3 strikes, or join the Band's ranks officially, you will face the full force of Band Law like any other Bander does!

Of course, we are not all about working 24/7, as we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls, which happen frequently!Keep an eye out for one! We also like jokes, tales, funny pictures - things that will make us laugh!

We also have many games - at DM, which can be found in the stickies, or the Lottery set up in our Dicing with Jak O' the Shadows board, which you will see once you have signed up for the private boards here at DM. There are also several games on the off board site as well! Also, take the lessons to learn our ORG Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your Regiment, and can fight anyone in the Band! We'll give you a practise fight so you can get your bearing until you are ready to challenge a Bander. Also look out for our festivals of various games using the dice roller and ORG Game. There are many staff members for the Game who will be willing to help you out.

Once you have signed up for the private boards, you will also be able to participate in our lottery game, which takes place in the Dicing With Jak O' the Shadows board. It is a lot of fun, and your winnings can buy you various goodies!

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hand Zorina a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!

Thanks, everybody!  Corki said I ought to introduce myself more fully, so I figured I'd do that.

I've been a WoT fan since my brother sat on me and forced me to read Eye of the World in 1997 or so, and am up-to-date on all the books, so I have no fear of spoilers!  I've been participating in the WoT programming at Dragon*Con for the last three years, and have some passing interest in cultural costuming for various places in Randland.  I've also played a little bit of the d20 WoT game, although the game I'm playing in seems to be in stall mode right now, so I expect I'll play around in the RP forums here to get my fix :) 

In the non-WoT world, I'm a gamer and all-around geek, with a fascination for music, theater, photography, costuming, jewelry, world religions, and other dubious areas of knowledge.  I wanted to join the Band because I figured I'll drink anything, sing any song, play any game, and go anywhere (just to see), so I thought I'd fit right in.

Looking forward to meeting/playing with everybody.  *G*

I've been a WoT fan since my brother sat on me and forced me to read Eye of the World in 1997 or so...

HAH!!! You sound almost like me lol well... except my brother didn't sit on me... he'd have squished me... But he did get me to reading them :D

Welcome Zorina ... I'm as you can plainly see Auld Manriva ..... The rational one in the Band.  ::) ... Everyone says that... There's the Cute One, The Smart One, The Quiet One and The Big Nosed, Jug Eared One...... Then Me! The Fifth Bandle...The Rational One!  Don't pay any attention to him! He's about as rational as Michael Jackson on a balcony! OH SHUT UP YOU! Pay no attention to the voice behind my head! He's just a visitor.......... Anyway.... How bout 3 or 7 Bandy's ..... Enough of these and you can grow up to be just like............. well.........ME!!

Welcome to the Band Zorina!! *hands a barrel of bandy*  I'm DJ the Banner General of the Cavalry and also the Joust Master of the Band.  Its great to have you here in the band and I hope you have a lot of fun in your time with us!  I see the MG already was here with the one and only famous Spiel!  I look forward to seeing you around in your week with the Cav!!  The important thing is to just post where you can and have fun!  *hands another barrel of bandy*  hehehe, I like giving barrels of bandy!  Its so much fun!  Welcome again Zorina!

*chuckles*

Hi Zorina, welcome to the Band, I see you've been warmly welcomed already by all our crazy Banders.

*checks new Recruit over* Still in one piece after the Spiel? Good job!! The last person ended up sitting on the flag pole. ;D

*hands a Rusty Tayl*

Now careful with that, its pretty strong. Ok, so I'm in charge of Recruits, I've sent you a PM and I'll be assigning your Recruit dates at the off site since I see you made it there already. Just yell if you have any questions or problems.  :) Above all, have fun!!

Archived