DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Office photos, etc

Elgee

7 hours ago, EirikDaude said:

Office away from home setup. Still messing around on DM instead of working. I wonder if this is why I have to turn on my work laptop during the weekend 🤔

That is just so weird, looking at "myself" ... LoL

Are we messing with your work schedule? *grins*

7 minutes ago, Elgee said:

That is just so weird, looking at "myself" ... LoL

Are we messing with your work schedule? *grins*

Nah, I had to leave work early yesterday, because I am visiting my sister and her family this weekend. So I agreed with my boss to check in again later on this weekend, to see if anything urgent had come up, in order to get to leave early.

12 hours ago, Elgee said:

Cross, do you use Krita?

did not know what that was, had to look it up. nope i use Clip Studio Paint. its pretty well specifically designed for making comics, i moved from photoshop to it a little over a year ago and am in LOVE

29 minutes ago, EirikDaude said:

Nah, I had to leave work early yesterday, because I am visiting my sister and her family this weekend. So I agreed with my boss to check in again later on this weekend, to see if anything urgent had come up, in order to get to leave early.

Now that's a sensible arrangement!

• RP - PLAYER

While being totally talentless artístically (proof posted on the boards) and if you can imagine, even worse digitally, for those looking for a low cost entry into it, a Microsoft Surface Go is a surprisingly capable small tablet, with a nice screen and good pen support. Due to my situation, I have been PC less for more than a year, and my Surface picked up for €220 secondhand has admirably performed everything I've asked of it including some pretty unwieldy translation software. So you get an entry level graphic tablet and a reasonable backup laptop at a very reasonable price. 

Thank you for listening to today's opinion no one asked for. Tune in tomorrow for another exciting installment. 

yeah it all depends on what you're wanting to use it for and how often and skill level. as with anything really. believe me i looked for the cheapest versions of things, but on some, the wacom in particular, there's its tops. pen sensitivity, pressure, screen feel, responsiveness. even still it takes a learning curve. 

i wouldnt touch digital without a pen, because i'm left handed and i tried my hand at mouse based usage and well......did NOT go well. 

5 hours ago, Cairos said:

My office is usually the Emergency room lol. 

*is totally okay with not seeing pictures from the emergency room*

And that sounds like a bit of a PITA, Lily Sedai. Or is it an arrangement you are okay with? I have no idea what you do, so a bit hard to guess for sure 😅

When your boss likes having a yearly calendar in PowerPoint for planning tasks, and you get the task of updating it for the next year 😐

image.thumb.png.434acdccc34a252109c753fb7028099e.png

1 hour ago, Elgee said:

Jeez that's so close to Afrikaans O_O

Are you saying we should understand each other? >_>

I do have a friend from the Netherlands, who said he learned Norwegian really quickly when he moved here, because the two languages are really similar. I think Afrikaans is very closely related to Dutch?

• RP - PLAYER

Scandinavian languages have a lot of similar words to Dutch. Cannot say they are mutually understandable, but possibly learning them would not be a huge leap. 

But I think Dutch is still closer to German, I think I heard they are something like 70% lexically cognate, meaning the words have the same origin, which is only "beaten" by language pairs such as Portuguese and Spanish. 

4 hours ago, EirikDaude said:

Are you saying we should understand each other? >_>

A bit, yeah! I see a lot of the Scandinavian languages, because lots of friends in that area, and may words are similar or even alike to Afrikaans. The spelling is often closer to Afrikaans than the Dutch spelling is.

Afrikaans is a very simplified form of Dutch, but with a lot of German influence as well as a bit of French, and Malaysian.

43 minutes ago, Elgee said:

A bit, yeah! I see a lot of the Scandinavian languages, because lots of friends in that area, and may words are similar or even alike to Afrikaans. The spelling is often closer to Afrikaans than the Dutch spelling is.

Afrikaans is a very simplified form of Dutch, but with a lot of German influence as well as a bit of French, and Malaysian.

Ah, yeah, I am not all that familiar with South African culture, so I'm mainly guessing. That is quite interesting!

Hmm, actually I did listen to Trevor Noah's biography not too long ago, but I guess he comes from different circumstances than you 😅

• Club Leader
On 11/14/2023 at 3:22 AM, EirikDaude said:

And that sounds like a bit of a PITA, Lily Sedai. Or is it an arrangement you are okay with? I have no idea what you do, so a bit hard to guess for sure 😅

It's a pain. They are building us a new building, and maybe, just maybe, we'll each have our own cubicle or something. 

I'm a children's case manager in behavioral health.