DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Office photos, etc

Elgee

On 11/15/2023 at 11:44 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

It's a pain. They are building us a new building, and maybe, just maybe, we'll each have our own cubicle or something. 

I'm a children's case manager in behavioral health. 

I'll be crossing my fingers for you. Until you get your own offices, you have my sympathy. It sounds like a job where you could use a bit of privacy!

48 minutes ago, Elgee said:

Yep - I did the Heavy Metal segment late night *grins*

Oh and dance DJ'ed too, with my boyfriend.

Oh, that's awesome. As you may know, we are famous for our black metal here in Norway, and I was quite into that scene while a student. Never as a DJ though!

6 hours ago, EirikDaude said:

Oh, that's awesome. As you may know, we are famous for our black metal here in Norway, and I was quite into that scene while a student. Never as a DJ though!

I do know *grins*

Didn't know a thing about HM when the station boss dropped it on me one night because his regular guy, Edgar, was sick. I'm classically trained (piano, Royal School of Music, 11 years) so had NO clue. Luckily the first thing I played was something from Metalica's Black Album. You don't really get more "classically" composed Heavy Metal music than that 😛

I just blathered on about the similarity in composition between that and Bach or something ... apparently people were intrigued.

3 minutes ago, Elgee said:

I do know *grins*

Didn't know a thing about HM when the station boss dropped it on me one night because his regular guy, Edgar, was sick. I'm classically trained (piano, Royal School of Music, 11 years) so had NO clue. Luckily the first thing I played was something from Metalica's Black Album. You don't really get more "classically" composed Heavy Metal music than that 😛

I just blathered on about the similarity in composition between that and Bach or something ... apparently people were intrigued.

Well, a lot of more modern metal bands make heavy use of classical methods too. One of the biggest we have here in Norway (Dimmu Borgi) has co-operated a lot with the Norwegian Broadcasting Orchestra, for instance, and Tarja Turunen from Nightwish is a classically trained opera singer. Of course these examples may be more about incorporating classical elements in a new genre than being "classically" composed. I don't have any musical education myself, so I'd be hard pressed to present an argument either way ☺️

• 4 weeks later...

So we had a tough day at the shop when the door handle stopped working! This is one of our regular customers and the local builder trying to get into our shop on Friday. The customer is trying to climb in through our living room window! :rolleyes: 

image.jpeg.df22c16ebdfdca2a6b36b5c26f52e77e.jpeg 

image.jpeg.d8256ba9817b1995b0b87bf8dbf7175d.jpeg

Edited by Delenn

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Elgee said:

It's fantastic!

What's a WOC?

It's Walk, Observe, Communicate. So basically you're supposed have a walk in the production area and have a talk with the personnel there about what you see. In particular if you see anything you think may be a breach of HSE standards.

But it's also a way for letting the workers give feedback on the production process, what could be improved and so on, so it's really important to get a good talk going with them 🙂

I had a quick google, and I think it is pretty close to what they call a "gemba walk" in Lean management.

I love learning new things * grins*

Though we did touch on stuff like this back in the day when I studied Business Psychology at Uni. Except of course the Learned People didn't think it was worth it asking the ACTUAL WORKERS 🙄

7 hours ago, Elgee said:

I love learning new things * grins*

Though we did touch on stuff like this back in the day when I studied Business Psychology at Uni. Except of course the Learned People didn't think it was worth it asking the ACTUAL WORKERS 🙄

Lol, that's the basic idea behind it. The people who are most likely to know the equipment best, in many ways, are the people who operate it on a daily basis. Thus, having their thoughts on what improvements might be made is valuable input. Plus, having them feel listened to is also likely to improve morale.

Edited by EirikDaude

• 3 weeks later...