DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ratings: Season 2 (E01, E02, E03) lost 63% of Season 1's audience according to Nielsen

1 hour ago, SinisterDeath said:

My thought is.

A) Rosamund's acting in Gone Girl still sits in the back of my mind.

B) Pretty much every actor is by definition a Narcissist. The "image" they let the world see is the image they've curated for the world to see.

C) If we only see Rosamund's scenes nominated and no one else I believe that would confirm my gone girl paranoia; But if Madeleine, Zoë, and Kate get nominations in addition to Rosamund, then I think that'll erase my gone girl paranoia. lol

In what way did Gone Girl impact your opinion of her? remember how an actor portrays a role is as much, of not more, down to the Director and editing then the performance. We don't know which versions of a role get left on the cutting room floor. 

Some actors are Narcissists, many many more love the craft and do it because they love it and in reality are introvert or have low self confidence. Yes there is always an element of "curating" an image, but the truth usually is known, especially in this day and age. If Pike was as you say then there would be stories about her behaviour on set, or with other cast members. I can't find anything but positive comments about her which suggests that she is a genuine person. 

1 hour ago, Pandemonium said:

. If season 2 is still getting decent numbers (albeit lower than season 1) with no marketing then this viewership is likely the baseline numbers that all future seasons will get.  With more viral moments, word of mouth, and hopefully increasing show quality this show will likely grow to season 3.  I'm optimistic like that.  Season 1 shed some people, but not everyone-- and some of those people may come back over time.  

This is anecdotal but I got 4 friends that didn't like season 1 and to restart and  and make it through season 2.  All of them enjoyed it more.  I know alot of people too that have season 2 on their watchlist (some due to my word of mouth) that will eventually watch.  I don't think wheel of time will die out as fast as other Amazon shows between seasons

This week's numbers are higher than equivalent week in s1. 

even if you play in the number of minutes per episode they are not far behind. 

and I would be astonished if they don't go up more next week

5 minutes ago, Ralph said:

This week's numbers are higher than equivalent week in s1. 

even if you play in the number of minutes per episode they are not far behind. 

and I would be astonished if they don't go up more next week

It definitely will go up.  I was just saying the numbers for the first couple weeks are the hardcore fans that will watch no matter what.  Viewership in future seasons will likely never dip below that

4 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

It definitely will go up.  I was just saying the numbers for the first couple weeks are the hardcore fans that will watch no matter what.  Viewership in future seasons will likely never dip below that

which may mean that

- when S1 aired, it was watched by many hardcore book fans. hence higher numbers

- many of those hardcore fans didn't like it, hence lower number for S2 start

- more people are watching the show as word of mouth spreads that it's improved significantly, hence higher numbers later

• Community Administrator
6 hours ago, Scarloc99 said:

In what way did Gone Girl impact your opinion of her? remember how an actor portrays a role is as much, of not more, down to the Director and editing then the performance. We don't know which versions of a role get left on the cutting room floor. 

Some actors are Narcissists, many many more love the craft and do it because they love it and in reality are introvert or have low self confidence. Yes there is always an element of "curating" an image, but the truth usually is known, especially in this day and age. If Pike was as you say then there would be stories about her behaviour on set, or with other cast members. I can't find anything but positive comments about her which suggests that she is a genuine person. 

Ashton Kutcher.

I tried to watch this series. as a long time reader of Wot (I reread the series almost every year). I just could not get over how they even opened the series.. so I waited an watched the entirety of season 1. I do not like it at all. understanding the constraints with money, the complexity of the characters... I still did not like it. I will not watch season 2 or anything after. I even felt dirt after watching it an had to reread books 1 and 2 to feel clean again

4 hours ago, notpropaganda73 said:

Considering his poor judgement that has been on full display in recent months (and I'm being generous), I would take much of what he says with a truckload of salt

I can't find anything but positive comments about her which suggests that she is a genuine person.

The above quote, is why I replied with the name Ashton Kutcher.

1 hour ago, Scarloc99 said:

must have missed that and still can't find those quotes?

On 10/20/2023 at 9:15 AM, Scarloc99 said:

I can't find anything but positive comments about her which suggests that she is a genuine person. 

image.png

It was from that post. Literally could have scrolled up and read the post where I replied "Ashton Kutcher" and expanded the quote where I bolded the text I quoted you in...

image.png

It was from that post. Literally could have scrolled up and read the post where I replied "Ashton Kutcher" and expanded the quote where I bolded the text I quoted you in...

No I meant online I could t find any negative details about her regarding Ashton Kutcher, I googled both names and gone girl like issues. And when I said missed that meant I obv missed those quotes when they happened regarding the movie. 

Edited by Scarloc99

18 minutes ago, Scarloc99 said:

No I meant online I could t find any negative details about her regarding Ashton Kutcher, I googled both names and gone girl like issues. And when I said missed that meant I obv missed those quotes when they happened regarding the movie. 

No you completely misunderstood the point I was making.
Let me make this as perfectly clear as I can.

Ashton Kutcher.

Now replace the above with words "she" and "her" with "Ashton Kutcher".

I can't find anything but positive comments about ASHTON KUTCHER which suggests that ASHTON KUTCHER is a genuine person.

Why? Because until a few weeks ago. This was also true of Ashton Kutcher.

Hence when @notpropaganda73 replied with this 

11 hours ago, notpropaganda73 said:

Considering his poor judgement that has been on full display in recent months (and I'm being generous), I would take much of what he says with a truckload of salt

I was agreeing, and just making sure the context of "Ashton Kuthcer" reply was clear to notpropaganda73 and others by clarifying the context with the direct quote of just the bolded text in the original quote.

No you completely misunderstood the point I was making.
Let me make this as perfectly clear as I can.

Ashton Kutcher.

Now replace the above with words "she" and "her" with "Ashton Kutcher".

Why? Because until a few weeks ago. This was also true of Ashton Kutcher.

Hence when @notpropaganda73 replied with this  

I was agreeing, and just making sure the context of "Ashton Kuthcer" reply was clear to notpropaganda73 and others by clarifying the context with the direct quote of just the bolded text in the original quote.

Ahhhh ok sorry I misunderstood I thought Ashton had said something about her. I will say the Ashton thing is diffeeent he didn’t try burying another film star, he just made a really really bad decision to speak up for a sex offender, but also, Ashton for years has had runouts about him having affairs and stuff, there have been things runoured about him despite his efforts to shut them down .

1 hour ago, notpropaganda73 said:

I also completely misunderstood haha, thanks for clearing that up @SinisterDeath

No problem.

I hope that she is an amazing person, and that she is such an amazing actress that she has successfully created this gut feeling in me that I can't trust this "amazing person" personification she projects as trustworthy because of all the awful people she portrays in Movies... Because blocking another actresses nomination is exactly something one of her characters in one of her movies would do.  lol

So again. I hope I'm wrong and I will 100% eat crow when Madeleine Madden gets nominated for best actress. 😉 

50 minutes ago, nsmallw said:

Do we know Nielsen ratings for the season as a whole ?

And also, is there a comparable thing to Nielsen in the rest of the world ?

Because I remember hearing that ratings were higher outside usa. 

Nope. The Nielsen ratings are delayed a month...
I'm not sure about international numbers... I think there is something but I don't have a link to it.

18 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

Nope. The Nielsen ratings are delayed a month...
I'm not sure about international numbers... I think there is something but I don't have a link to it.

19 hours ago, nsmallw said:

Do we know Nielsen ratings for the season as a whole ?

And also, is there a comparable thing to Nielsen in the rest of the world ?

Because I remember hearing that ratings were higher outside usa. 

There are a variety of ratings agencies all over the world, Nielsen isn't even the main one in America anymore. They are just the one with the biggest name recognition. But I don't know if anyone will provide the viewing ratings world wide. I am also interested in finding out the splits, so what is the demographic watching the show. I am also interested in how Nielson now select households based on Streaming availability, so do they pick households that have access to all the streamers, are households willing to be Nielson viewers more or less likely to use a streaming service, it feels like streaming has made the accuracy of getting TV viewership numbers the old fasioned way harder, especially as it can be consumed on so many devices now, so will Nielson pick up someone watching WOT in the household on a phone, or tablet?  

4 hours ago, Ralph said:

down to similar to first weeks. very surprised

seems people really do watch the episodes as soon as they come out or not at all? 

In which case next week is the finale's figures

Screenshot_20231027-110310_Chrome.jpg

The next 2 week figures are going to be the most interesting.
I'm expecting a large bump for the finale, and another huge bump the week after for people who were waiting for the series to finish to binge watch the whole thing.

15 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

The next 2 week figures are going to be the most interesting.
I'm expecting a large bump for the finale, and another huge bump the week after for people who were waiting for the series to finish to binge watch the whole thing.

yes. like s1

5 hours ago, Ralph said:

down to similar to first weeks. very surprised

seems people really do watch the episodes as soon as they come out or not at all? 

In which case next week is the finale's figures

Screenshot_20231027-110310_Chrome.jpg

Hey it beat out the gen v show debut which is Amazon's next big show.  I tried watching the show and couldn't get past the first scene yet where girl poops all the blood and gore on the toilet