DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perrin in next 2 seasons

Guire

Now that we have some info on Perrin moving forward, how do you see his arc in season 2 and 3 progressing?

Trailer indicated Perrin will be violent at points in 2.  Also he will be communicating with wolves(Hopper) in some manner.  He is chasing Horn with Shienarans, meeting Elyas, no axe or hammer confirmed, probably in a flicker or Tel seeing his daughter or sister maybe, Avi is replacing Gaul and confronting Whitecloaks, Perrin swears oaths to Seanchan after capture.

So do we think we will see Perrin with Verin?  Will Perrin free wolfbrother from cage and be called a good man? Faile intro? Any smithy scenes? 

• 3 weeks later...

The interaction with Gaul is so key to his development that they have to include him in the show. Seeing Avihenda fighting whitecloaks does not suggest that she is in Eomonds field or taking that role. It could be a way of showing there are darkfriends even amongst the whitecloaks if they are the ones that capture the 3 girls and offer them to a Myddrahl only to be rescued by the Aiel. 

Perrins development I see being much like the book, pushing the wolves away, trying to escape them needs to be something that he does right the way through to the end, in the books he doesn't truly understand until book 12 or 13. They also have to include Noam, he is a really key important character who would take up very little TV time but is key in helping Perrin understand. 

The hammer shouldn't come until the end of season 4 or maybe even season 5, whenever they do the battle of Maldon. 

Obviously he is going to find Faile a different way, but he clearly needs to be with her by the time they get to tear, once again that whole moment where he goes into the dream to save her is a key moment for his character and that whole scene is far to cinematic not to have it on screen. I imagine the battle for Emonds field will be in season 3 and this is when we start seeing the reluctant lord Perrin, again his arc doesn't get resolved really until book 12 or 13 when he accepts his place. 

There have been suggestions that we may see a certain Elyas this season. As I've written in a different thread, the fact that Aviendha was shown alongside Bain and Chiad and we see her in the trailer in the Perrin context, she still may well be taking over Gaul's role in TDR. Of course, Gaul and Aviendha go very different ways in TSR. However, while Gaul is (minor spoiler alert) pretty important throughout the books, both Bain and Chiad - not so much; it is well possible that his role will be eventually split between these two.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Faile in S2 and Tear at all. The showrunner team has indicated that they are largely amalgamating the plots of TGH and TDR, so Falme might be the only Tear we are going to see.

13 minutes ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

What are we thinking about slayer, will we see him?

I hope so but may just not be enough time.  Might get a hint how important dreamworld may be in season 2.  If they go big with Egwene in dreamworld then wolf dream might be a big thing.  One thought I had is a forsaken taking slayers place.  If they want to expand forsaken story having one be Perrins hidden foe might be interesting.

1 hour ago, Guire said:

I hope so but may just not be enough time.  Might get a hint how important dreamworld may be in season 2.  If they go big with Egwene in dreamworld then wolf dream might be a big thing.  One thought I had is a forsaken taking slayers place.  If they want to expand forsaken story having one be Perrins hidden foe might be interesting.

It would be! I hadn’t thought of that option, but considering how much the forsaken go traipsing around TAR, it seems quite conceivable that the core slayer elements could be incorporated into one or many of the forsaken characters. 

7 hours ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

What are we thinking about slayer, will we see him?

I hope so. If the show is going to work in the long term, each of the EF5 needs their own independent arc. Perrin's clearly needs to be the dream, and that arc begs for an antagonist.

Now, will Slayer be combined with a Forsaken? That would make more sense than keeping Slayer as is, IMO.

I think one of the leaked audition scripts did mention Lord Luc. They also casted Luke Fetherston who looks a surprising amount like Josha.  Now whether Luc plays the same role or not is yet to be determined but Slayer is another character, much like Fain, whom I would love to see expanded in the show.

On 8/8/2023 at 1:43 PM, Elglin said:

There have been suggestions that we may see a certain Elyas this season. As I've written in a different thread, the fact that Aviendha was shown alongside Bain and Chiad and we see her in the trailer in the Perrin context, she still may well be taking over Gaul's role in TDR. Of course, Gaul and Aviendha go very different ways in TSR. However, while Gaul is (minor spoiler alert) pretty important throughout the books, both Bain and Chiad - not so much; it is well possible that his role will be eventually split between these two.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Faile in S2 and Tear at all. The showrunner team has indicated that they are largely amalgamating the plots of TGH and TDR, so Falme might be the only Tear we are going to see.

Bain and Chiad do have an important role in the books, they are to Gaul what Faile is to Perrin and we see that whole situation mirrored in some way through them. It also helps the reader understand about Aiel sister wives and the intricacies of that whole situation which then helps understand Avihenda, Min and Elaynes relationship to Rand. 

Also when they get kidnapped Gaul has that drive alongside Perrin to save them.  

1 hour ago, Sir_Charrid said:

Bain and Chiad do have an important role in the books, they are to Gaul what Faile is to Perrin and we see that whole situation mirrored in some way through them. It also helps the reader understand about Aiel sister wives and the intricacies of that whole situation which then helps understand Avihenda, Min and Elaynes relationship to Rand. 

I must disagree. The concept of sister-wives can be dropped (make Amys not Rhuarc's wife, drop Dorindha if not also Melaine and Bael). The Aviendha-Elayne-Min triangle can be resolved in a myriad ways not involving sister-wives. Say, you can retain Elayne as a kissing-basis affection which never gets further and then gets dropped (or drop the line entirely, making Egwene rather than Elayne one of those "three beautiful women"), Aviendha as a one-time experience after which both decide not to pursue the relationship further and Min as the first girl who wins. Not the worst way to deal with it, and I'm sure there are zounds more.

And you could make, say, a lesbian couple out of Bain and Chiad and have that rescue plot with the "drive alongside Perrin" and one of them teaching the other sing. Actually, now that I mention it, I think this can be done very well if approached with tact and proper storytelling.

Bottom line, giving Aviendha Gaul's part in TDR and the same part to Bain or Chiad or both from TSR onwards is quite a workable solution. The devil, as always, is in the details, but I see no fault with the concept.

2 hours ago, Sir_Charrid said:

It seems to me you are saying that Bain and Chiad are important because they round out the Gaul storyline.  But since Bain and Chiad are confirmed and Gaul is not, where does that leave us?  

• Community Administrator
4 minutes ago, Samt said:

It seems to me you are saying that Bain and Chiad are important because they round out the Gaul storyline.  But since Bain and Chiad are confirmed and Gaul is not, where does that leave us?

Technically, Faile isn't confirmed yet either, where does that leave us?
(Confirmed as in, not from an official casting announcement.) 

• Community Administrator
16 minutes ago, nsmallw said:

Jon from WOT-Up just put up a video saying that Faile casting has been confirmed. 

I'm aware of the rumor/leak, but that doesn't make it an official casting announcement. 

To go back to the post I was replying to, there hasn't been a confirmed casting for Gaul as of yet. That doesn't mean Gaul isn't going to be in the show.
Just like we don't have an official casting for Faile yet.

Faile hasn't been "officially confirmed" as of yet, there's a strong possibility from said leak/rumor that suggests she's been cast. Which is just another way of saying... There's still time for more characters to be cast.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Wassup said:

Faile may not be in season 2, but will they introduce Zarine or “Mandarb”?

I almost typed Mandark, thinking about Dexter’s Laboratory. 😆 

Are you just being mysterious, or is there another Zarine?