DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 3 Development

WhiteVeils

34 minutes ago, WhiteVeils said:

I figured this might be the first concrete thing we saw for the development of Season 3:

Construction on The Wheel of Time Key Season 3 Set Underway - Wheel of Time TV Series News (wotseries.com)

Nice find.  When they say the buildings are almost identical - I hope they are excepting the inn.  Hard to come back from what Moiraine did to that.  Total bad-assery!

9 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

Nice find.  When they say the buildings are almost identical - I hope they are excepting the inn.  Hard to come back from what Moiraine did to that.  Total bad-assery!

Well, they can rebuild it similar, certainly. I'm sure no one forgot what happened to it.

which hopefully will mean hope of getting more than 5 seasons. if season 3 has the second battle of the two rivers as one of its main points, I don't want to imagine how much they'd have to cut to wrap everything in 5 seasons. heck, if after season 3 they'd have to wrap up everything in two more seasons, they'd probably have to rewrite the plot entirely.

8 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

which hopefully will mean hope of getting more than 5 seasons. if season 3 has the second battle of the two rivers as one of its main points, I don't want to imagine how much they'd have to cut to wrap everything in 5 seasons. heck, if after season 3 they'd have to wrap up everything in two more seasons, they'd probably have to rewrite the plot entirely.

Challenge accepted!

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see some s3 preliminary works although a bit concerning given no s2 release date or official trailer & the fact that s2 started filming nearly 5 months before the disaster that was s1 ep8. Hopefully they can course correct & take on fan feedback as filming ended May 22 5mths after ep8 & they've now had 10mths post s2 filming to plan, work on & perfect the CGI. Also hoping battle scenes are thought out with no senseless scenes i.e. cavalry charging the Gaps wall fort in ep8 when all they did was reinforce those manning the fort

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cipher said:

So it seems Season 3 will contain:

Reveal hidden contents

The Battle of EF, I imagine the red twisted ter'angreal, and the journey to The Waste and Rhuidean.  Will there be room for Tanchico and the revolution of the WT?

That is the question isn't it?  Here's hoping Amazon loosens their 8 episode/55 minute mandates.  We know we are suppose to be getting longer episodes in season 2 just don't know how substantial it will be.

• Community Administrator
14 hours ago, Skipp said:

That is the question isn't it?  Here's hoping Amazon loosens their 8 episode/55 minute mandates.  We know we are suppose to be getting longer episodes in season 2 just don't know how substantial it will be.

It's already been stated that they've unlocked the maximum episode length. I believe we're still stuck at 8 episodes.

15 hours ago, Sabio said:

I just don't see how 8 episodes will be enough especially if they will be combining multiple books.  I also think the longer it takes to get a season out the worse it's going to be for the series.  Many casual fans may have even forgotten about the series by now.

It is likely less about combining 2 different books and more merging.  Taking certain plot points/arcs from each book and cutting the rest.  We were never getting 14 seasons to begin with so this is just how it is going to be.  R2J2 says season 3 will be mostly Book 4 and then in theory we will see more merging for the following seasons.

And while it is not fun waiting this long for season 2 some other shows have been able to manage it.  Hopefully they actually have a decent marketing budget this time to help make up for the wait.

15 hours ago, Skipp said:

It is likely less about combining 2 different books and more merging.  Taking certain plot points/arcs from each book and cutting the rest.  We were never getting 14 seasons to begin with so this is just how it is going to be.  R2J2 says season 3 will be mostly Book 4 and then in theory we will see more merging for the following seasons.

And while it is not fun waiting this long for season 2 some other shows have been able to manage it.  Hopefully they actually have a decent marketing budget this time to help make up for the wait.

Don't care about marketing.  Just make a better show than S1!!

Edited by SinisterDeath
don't use the word fuck, even behind special characters.