DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

42 minutes ago, VooDooNut said:

Sure, I wanted to include this other quote because I agree with it as well.

Darthe got high on my list for gunning for me so hard with little evidence and then abruptly being satisfied with the newbie excuse.

Hallia comes off as being so sweet they just might eat you. LeeLou I don't have a good vibe for yet, but I'm following SD's lead. Same for Verbal.

39 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Bad wagon. Y'all were wrong about me on game 1, and you'll be wrong on this one to.

Imo, you jumping on a wagon after I said you sound like Vader reads as town.

Hallia however, whom I said gives me murder duo vibes, then goes on to vote for me for thinking verbal is a doc, reads as wolf. 

these posts are reinforcing for me.  Voodoo looks genuinely lost, which is prob townie. And sinister looks like he knows what’s up and needs to push things away from the direction their heading, which is a game state read and slightly favors him being a wolf.

• Community Administrator
6 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

IDK if you wanted Cory's take, specifically, or this was a general question but Imma answer it anyway.

I think it is incredibly detrimental to post your guesses for power roles in the gamethread.  I think doing something that hurts the town is inherently pro-mafia.  Unless someone is trying to use that to stop what they believe is a mislynch, town has very little reason to offer up that kind of information.

Doing something that hurts town doesn't make someone mafia, and if your concerned mafia could use the information he offered up, that would mean he's almost assuredly not mafia himself.  Unless mafia can't communicate during the day and one is worried they won't make it past EoD1, there's really not any incentive for scum to openly wolf like that.

Definitely don't want y'all to vote @Verbal32 Day 1, hardly see the guy around here! And we can't even blame @Barmacral, if we lynched towny Verbs. 

Course with 3d chess, the real question is, has Wolf seen thru my ploy? 

Just now, Darthe said:

these posts are reinforcing for me.  Voodoo looks genuinely lost, which is prob townie. And sinister looks like he knows what’s up and needs to push things away from the direction their heading, which is a game state read and slightly favors him being a wolf.

I'd say feel free to read my posts in the other game, but that might not be considered good game etiquette. 

7 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

Unless you’re prepared to say feistiness is only a wolf trait for her then I kinda don’t see the point unless it’s to say I’m wrong to thinking it could be positive instead of NAI

I feel like the one game i've seen mafia!hallia it wasn't so much feistiness as it was...idk...snappy.  we played one game on MU where town!hallia was getting pushed super hard and she was assertive but had none of the snippiness.  mafia!hallie was snappy the lawyer game.  that said, my sample size is pretty small so if you've seen her replicate that in a town game lmk.

5 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

💔

I do love how I always read me as wolf.

To bad this doesn't have the "tanner" role, I'd win Day 1. Lmao

Your post and vote struck me as meh. Roll of the dice early day 1 is cool, but feels a bit jokey for mid-day 1.

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

Your post and vote struck me as meh. Roll of the dice early day 1 is cool, but feels a bit jokey for mid-day 1.

Was also my first vote.

As for jokey, you really don't know me very well! Lmao, guess I'm the only one that finds me funny... 

3 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Definitely don't want y'all to vote @Verbal32 Day 1, hardly see the guy around here! And we can't even blame @Barmacral, if we lynched towny Verbs. 

Course with 3d chess, the real question is, has Wolf seen thru my ploy? 

You can always blame Barm. Verb most likely won’t post until tomorrow because he doesn’t really post on weekends. 

2 minutes ago, Darthe said:

This is unique, I don’t think I’ve seen a post where someone was concerned about a consensus read development and looked at the reads of the player group.  It’s bound to be majority town given how mafia works, so what are you looking for?    

I mean, a big part of the "reads of the player group" part was partly to make sure the way I felt about others handling Hallia was actually real and not made up in my head

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

You can always blame Barm. Verb most likely won’t post until tomorrow because he doesn’t really post on weekends. 

ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

As for Verb, True enough. Can't wait to read his reads. 

2 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Was also my first vote.

As for jokey, you really don't know me very well! Lmao, guess I'm the only one that finds me funny... 

By jokey I mean where we are in the game. Opening used to be a joke phase and eased into real game play. Where we are now there has been gameplay so I wouldn’t expect to see a “roll of the dice” vote at this point. 

18 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

This is like my 5th? Mafia game in my nearly ~20 years here on DM. 

Whatever you all think is the status quo of tactics, mean nothing to me.

I'll wait until day 2 to explain further about my Verbal Hunch. 

Blegh I’m too out of practice for this.  Newness has an oily quality to it which is coloring these early reads, and idk how to separate that out from real wolfiness.  Hally unvoting makes me want to follow suite but I’ve got nowhere better to go.  Maybe that’s a sign of better wolves, or maybe the game really is straight forward.

20 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

@Clovdyx do me a favor and reread the sequence you pulled that combo from and think how your and Darthe’s mutual reads/telegraphing could come off there. It was a passing thought but real nonetheless.

It made me happy, but then I know my thoughts are genuine so seeing them echoed is really good with that context.

Just now, Leelou said:

By jokey I mean where we are in the game. Opening used to be a joke phase and eased into real game play. Where we are now there has been gameplay so I wouldn’t expect to see a “roll of the dice” vote at this point. 

Maybe, but did you notice how many posts I've made today versus Friday and Saturday? 

For me this is the first "day" I can really put some hours into the Mafia. (Toddlers, yo)

11 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

I feel like the one game i've seen mafia!hallia it wasn't so much feistiness as it was...idk...snappy.  we played one game on MU where town!hallia was getting pushed super hard and she was assertive but had none of the snippiness.  mafia!hallie was snappy the lawyer game.  that said, my sample size is pretty small so if you've seen her replicate that in a town game lmk.

Tbh I hate being a wolf.  I don't think I'm a good liar and I feel like it hurts my teammates, so I can see that I get snippy

Just now, Hallia said:

Tbh I hate being a wolf.  I don't think I'm a good liar and I feel like it hurts my teammates, so I can see that I get snippy

I've wolfed only one game, and got lynched like, day 1. Would have been a short game but we had like 2 or 3 wolves. I think they all voted to lynch me. 

2 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

I've wolfed only one game, and got lynched like, day 1. Would have been a short game but we had like 2 or 3 wolves. I think they all voted to lynch me. 

I hope that we can start having some games go here more often!

23 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

💔

I do love how I always read me as wolf.

To bad this doesn't have the "tanner" role, I'd win Day 1. Lmao

For reference:

"One Night Ultimate Werewolf" card/board game, has this "Tanner Role", which is a Villager that wins the game if everyone votes to lynch them. 

1 minute ago, SinisterDeath said:

For reference:

"One Night Ultimate Werewolf" card/board game, has this "Tanner Role", which is a Villager that wins the game if everyone votes to lynch them. 

In online mafia this is usually referred to as the "Jester" or the "Nolder"