DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 1 Discussion (Full Book Spoilers) v2.1

SinisterDeath

3 hours ago, fra85uk said:

I remember that there were sighted close to Caemlyn too. They were using the ways at some point (re-read Eotw 2-3 years ago).

I think Lan even mentioned the fact the Trollcs were coming so close to town should tell the group how important they were,  It's alot easier for fades to get about then it is to move Trollocs.  So at some point they would stop the Trollocs and try to have Fades do the job.  

1 hour ago, notpropaganda73 said:

yes, about being grumpy when he sort of lashed out at the child on the road. That would also have been a good moment to reference Darkfriend encounters. 

Probably, but if I recall, after Mat gets healed, he barely remembers anything from the time he touched the dagger to the time he got healed.  Not 100% certain though.  I do know he got new memories.  I guess what I am saying is that he probably only remembers the Grimwell farm visit due to his connection with the little girl and the fear he was the killer and the rest of the trip is sort of a blur.     

6 hours ago, RextheDog said:

they've met one darkfriend and seen one Fade,  which to me was disappointing, it didn't give the feeling they were being stalked at every turn.

i did like episode 5, but on multiple re-watches, yes, they could have shaved back a bit of the Stepin story and fleshed out the main characters.

So they conflated 4 DF encounters (Howel Gode, stabby woman, Paitr and the inkeeper who had spoken to a fade) into one (Dana) - not a big excision given the time constraints particularly as Dana also mentioned the pursuing fade and introduced Ishamael, the reason they are being hunted for capture and DF philosophy.  

Just started rewatching yesterday, on ep 3, what happens with perrins leg because from memory, he looks at it once and it looks infinitely worse than moraines shoulder, but all that happens is a doggo licks it and its all good. 

His was just a cut and not a stab through the chest but his looks way more infected.

1 minute ago, Hobo said:

Just started rewatching yesterday, on ep 3, what happens with perrins leg because from memory, he looks at it once and it looks infinitely worse than moraines shoulder, but all that happens is a doggo licks it and its all good. 

His was just a cut and not a stab through the chest but his looks way more infected.

It appears to just get better after the wolf licked it (which is mad, canine mouths are rife with bacteria and generally go bad unless vigorously cleaned).

2 minutes ago, bringbackthomsmoustache said:

It appears to just get better after the wolf licked it (which is mad, canine mouths are rife with bacteria and generally go bad unless vigorously cleaned).

Yea thats what i thought. Apparently doggo spit works better than Aes Sedai magicks, Clears up that trolloc poison without a hitch.

8 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Yea thats what i thought. Apparently doggo spit works better than Aes Sedai magicks, Clears up that trolloc poison without a hitch.

I think his wound was a bite or scratch, so not necessarily poisoned. But yeah, was a bit weird and guess it was just there to give Perrin a friendly moment with the wolf.

4 minutes ago, Kudzu said:

I think his wound was a bite or scratch, so not necessarily poisoned. But yeah, was a bit weird and guess it was just there to give Perrin a friendly moment with the wolf.

Yeah fair point, i just assumed it was a poisoned trolloc wound from the attack on EF.

29 minutes ago, Gothic Flame said:

Um...dog saliva has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. 

Just saying...

I mean.. i was aware of that.. but like i said i was assuming that his scratch/cut was from a trolloc (i still am) because that infection looked hella messed up. 

Just seemed wierd that few licks from doggo set him right as rain to travel cross country with Egwene while Moraine was at deaths door.  

And yes he only had a scratch/cut and Moraine had a stab wound to the chest, his infection looked alot worse(most of his lower leg looked infected)

Edited by CaddySedai
corrected the word that hid the post.

2 hours ago, Hobo said:

I mean.. i was aware of that.. but like i said i was assuming that his scratch/cut was from a trolloc (i still am) because that infection looked hella messed up. 

Just seemed wierd that few licks from doggo set him right as rain to travel cross country with Egwene while Moraine was at deaths door.  

And yes he only had a scratch/cut and Moraine had a stab wound to the chest, his infection looked alot worse(most of his lower leg looked infected)

In the books it says only some Trolloc blades cause infection. Although I don't think has been mentioned in the show, and in the xray info it may imply they all do

8 hours ago, bringbackthomsmoustache said:

So they conflated 4 DF encounters (Howel Gode, stabby woman, Paitr and the inkeeper who had spoken to a fade) into one (Dana) - not a big excision given the time constraints particularly as Dana also mentioned the pursuing fade and introduced Ishamael, the reason they are being hunted for capture and DF philosophy.  

i guess it is more in the way it has happened....you dont get a sense of pursuit

17 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Liandrin"Its far harder to maintain a shield than to break out of one" 

Why? Im fairly certain this is the complete opposite in the books

If memory serves, you can tie off a shield in the books, but that leaves it vulnerable? Isn't that how Rand managed to break out, finding those "knots"? 

To follow that logically, if they are not tying off the shield and focussing on it, it would be tiring. However I don't necessarily understand why breaking out would be "easier", as surely you are losing energy by pushing against it. 

Well it's super hard to hold a shield if for some odd reason you only have three people holding it.  In the book it would of always of been thirteen.  With just three people it would be super hard to hold and of course Logain is eventually going to break it.  This just falls in the they made the Aes Sedai look pretty incomptent issue I have.