DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Episode 5+ Predictions

Wraith235

I'm pouring over the Dark Prophecy but I don't see anything that the "Blood Calls Blood" title could be referencing. Is it just referring to the violent presence of Perrin/Whitecloaks among the tinkers? Perhaps the writers just thought it sounded cool. Surely Lanfear isn't already making appearances, right?

Spoiler

Daughter of the Night, she walks again. The ancient war, she yet fights. Her new lover she seeks, who shall serve her and die, yet serve still. Who shall stand against her coming? The Shining Walls shall kneel. Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be."

"The man who channels stands alone. He gives his friends for sacrifice. Two roads before him, one to death beyond dying, one to life eternal. Which will he choose? Which will he choose? What hand shelters? What hand slays? Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be."

"Luc came to the Mountains of Dhoom. Isam waited in the high passes. The hunt is now begun. The Shadow's hounds now course, and kill. One did live, and one did die, but both are. The Time of Change has come. Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be."

"The Watchers wait on Toman's Head. The seed of the Hammer burns the ancient tree. Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes. Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes. Again the seed slays ancient wrong, before the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes. Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be. Now the Great Lord comes."

Verin had a book where she recorded all of the shadow's prophecies that she could find. As far as we know, this particular prophecy is not known before the raid on Fal Dara, but maybe the prophecies will be brought up by a sister in the White Tower in this episode. That would be pretty fun wouldn't it?

24 minutes ago, mogi68 said:

I'm pouring over the Dark Prophecy but I don't see anything that the "Blood Calls Blood" title could be referencing. Is it just referring to the violent presence of Perrin/Whitecloaks among the tinkers? Perhaps the writers just thought it sounded cool. Surely Lanfear isn't already making appearances, right?

I feel like they can quite easily just use episode name's as a throwaway nod to book fans to be honest and looking at the teaser I suspect this one will be about the cycle of violence. The Whitecloaks are violent to the Tinkers and Perrin / Wolves are violent in response. Logain's violence lead to Kerene's death and Sepin's violence, which in turn almost leads to the death of others before he in turn dies this episode.

The other option is that they roll in the dark prophecy as a reason to go to the Eye. Change the Lanfear references to Forsaken in general, skip out a bunch of next book stuff (or drop in some lines for future building), throw in the eye and end with "Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be. Now the Great Lord comes" - then they all rush off to the ways.

Edited by DermidAjala

25 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

My guess - some sort of violent confrontation between Perrin and the Whitecloaks results in calls to his extended family for help. Blood in the first sense is violence, and in the second, kinship. One summons the other, hence the calling

There was the scene where the wolf licked Perrin's wounds - explicitly blood. I think you're onto something here. 

There's a lot that needs to happen in 4 episodes. If I had to guess:

- Caemlyn replaced by Tar Valon (Elaida, Morgase, Gawyn, Elayne, and Galad all introduced in season 2)

- Tar Valon ways get used instead

- Idk how to put this in words, but it feels like the beginning of the Great Hunt with the Aes Sedai at Fal Dara will happen in Tar Valon instead just with the stuff between Moiraine and Siuan, Rand and Siuan, etc. 

Basically I think having them go to Tar Valon is a way to streamline A LOT of what happens in the end of EotW and the beginning of TGH, if that makes sense. Less work for season 2 that way with the only outlier being the Caemlyn plot. 

I think I figured out why Lan is emotional in that trailer (and others).

Spoiler

Moiraine gets officially sanctioned by the Amyrlin Seat and we know some of the punishments are corporal 

But that could be way off base.

• Community Administrator
On 11/30/2021 at 1:33 PM, 2RiversFan said:

I'm pretty sure you mean Rand, not Mat.  It will be interesting if they have kept Logain as someone that has the Talent for seeing Ta'veren

In the books it was definitely Rand.

Yesterday I searched for the promo-teasee picture and couldn't find it, but this new one released today includes the same building!

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1638399858579.jpg

18 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

In the books it was definitely Rand.

Yesterday I searched for the promo-teasee picture and couldn't find it, but this new one released today includes the same building!

I love this photo. Looks like they are watching a parade, which is what they are doing in a way.

46 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

It appears like they're going to have Logain being able to see Ta'veren in show as well... at least, when I looked at the stills for Ep. 5, there's the photo you posted, as well as another of Logain with a huge grin looking upward out of his cage...

I just looked on Twitter again but can't find it now ? ... or I'm remembering it wrong and it was in the Episode preview(??)

32 minutes ago, Deadsy said:

I love this photo. Looks like they are watching a parade, which is what they are doing in a way.

That's another departure from the similar scene in EotW, since Mat is sitting there with him  (If I'm right about this being the scene where Logain sees Rand for the first time).  Mat stayed at 'The Queen's Blessing' during that time as he was too sick.  

6 hours ago, mogi68 said:

Perhaps the writers just thought it sounded cool.

Perhaps indeed. "A Place of Safety" and "The Dragon Reborn" had nothing at all to do with their book chapter counterparts, imho. And "Blood Calls Blood" probably won't either. I'm inclined to agree with others that it is a reference to a brotherhood within a wolf dream...and/or a sisterhood issue within Tar Valon. 

Edited by ManetherenTaveren

• Community Administrator

Episode 6 Predictions

1A) Moiraine x Siuan cold opening; establishing their frisky history with each other.

1B) Egwene x Perrin cold opening; rush to the Tower, We see that clip from the promos where Moiraine informs Nynaeve that Egwene is back and they rush to hug.

2a) The Amyrlin returns, and promptly convenes a meeting in the hall, makes a shit load of fish references and where the red ajah and Moiraine should stuff them.

2b) The Amyrlin returns with the Daughter Heir, then 2a happens.

2b.1) Rand spies Elayne in the Tar Valon garden. The Persimmon aren't ripe yet.

3) Mat gets partially healed

4) Perrin explores Tar Valon and ends up working at a forge for the day. Makes himself an axe.

5) Egwene & Nyn learn some stuff.

6) Loial talks about the Karaethon Cycle with whoever is nearby, not paying much attention as people walk away and others stand near him. Takes him a hot minute of talking to realize it's a different human.

7) Lan becomes stony faced, possibly teaches Rand some swordsmanship.

26 minutes ago, Sabio said:

My prediction:

Since Perin now didn't kill any whitecloaks he somehow becomes even more pointless and boring.

That's a good point. Perrin killing the Whitecloaks is how he gets the name of Young Bull. It's what legitimizes him among the wolves. There's rumors that an Elyas type character will appear in S2, so perhaps Perrin will earn his stripes next season.

When is Perrin going to get his axe? Right now, he is in shock over Laila and hasn't yet picked up a weapon. When will he? The press photos of him at the waygate don't show a visible weapon. Perhaps he'll get one in Fal Dara before setting out for the blight, or early next season before setting out for the Great Hunt. The rumored Elyas type character sets up room for the "keep the axe until you don't hate it anymore" conversation, which is pivotal in Perrin's character development imo

3 minutes ago, mogi68 said:

That's a good point. Perrin killing the Whitecloaks is how he gets the name of Young Bull. It's what legitimizes him among the wolves. There's rumors that an Elyas type character will appear in S2, so perhaps Perrin will earn his stripes next season.

My new pet theory is that they merge Hurin and Elyas. This works a few times over given you get someone who can give Perrin a sense of himself and who can fill in the background on what's going on with the Wolves, who provides consistency in how both parties (presuming they split them) track and progress on their way to Toman Head, and it avoids the fairly laughable name "sniffer"...

1 hour ago, DermidAjala said:

My new pet theory is that they merge Hurin and Elyas. This works a few times over given you get someone who can give Perrin a sense of himself and who can fill in the background on what's going on with the Wolves, who provides consistency in how both parties (presuming they split them) track and progress on their way to Toman Head, and it avoids the fairly laughable name "sniffer"...

this works for me, especially since the Warder in the original theory just Stepp'ed out.