DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Episode 5+ Predictions

Wraith235

3 hours ago, Sabio said:

Anyone else disappointed Ishy is like a quick attempt to scare instead of the evil force trying to deceive and manipulate the group in their dreams?  He seems like more of a horror movie attempt at a scare than a villain trying to figure how who the dragon is.  His showing up in a dream doesn't seem to have much of a point.

He hasn’t called Rand a “cowardly cur” a single time yet!  I am so disappointed ??

59 minutes ago, fra85uk said:

My take:

If they are going to continue to play this "who is the Dragon" silliness, it will be time for some Egwene badass moment, to put her on par with Nyn. 

I think they've shown Egwene having conventional channelling already and just keep constantly dropping reference to her potential strength so I'm not sure they'll explicitly do much and instead it'll be a conversation in Tar Valon as I presume there will be a bunch of Aes Sedai and one power chat there. 

I'd imagine next episode will be more about Perrin power progress.

1 hour ago, DermidAjala said:

I think they've shown Egwene having conventional channelling already and just keep constantly dropping reference to her potential strength so I'm not sure they'll explicitly do much and instead it'll be a conversation in Tar Valon as I presume there will be a bunch of Aes Sedai and one power chat there. 

I'd imagine next episode will be more about Perrin power progress.

Not sure and  I explain why.

While of course Egwene has been described as a possibly powerful channeler, Nyn's dragonball stuff has changed the game. Since they are the only two that have officially channeled so far, and since they want to still play the "guess who DR is" game, in order to not rule out Egwene, she should show some super-cool stuff to be still believeable as DR.

11 hours ago, themann1086 said:

Possible there are leaks elsewhere but AFAIK there's merely the title and imdb episode description, plus a scene from the trailer showing

Reveal hidden contents

Perrin and Egwene encircled by Whitecloaks with Aram knocked out next to him.

(Spoiler boxed just in case anyone is avoiding the trailers too)

So folks are making predictions based on that

as I said in the 1st post 
these predictions were assembled from:

IMDB Casting Credits

Episode Blurbs

what we have left

Episode Names

and what "Makes sense to me" in going from plot point to plot point (skipping Caemlyn for example)

I guess the only thing that might be considered a leak might be the name of episode 8 ... while its not stated on IMDB I did find it elsewhere quick google search on episode names its an easy find

and tbh regarding that spoiler .... no it never factored in - particularly since apparently I missed that spot in the trailer

Edited by Wraith235

10 hours ago, Sabio said:

Anyone else disappointed Ishy is like a quick attempt to scare instead of the evil force trying to deceive and manipulate the group in their dreams?  He seems like more of a horror movie attempt at a scare than a villain trying to figure how who the dragon is.  His showing up in a dream doesn't seem to have much of a point.

I think Ishy is being handled as a slow burn right now. I don’t think they are going to have 3 separate and similar confrontations between he and Rand, so they are building up to a single one. 

I fully expect him to become more menacing as the show moves on. 

Predictions...some past the end of the season.  Some of these might be hopes.

Mat will speak in the old tongue during his initial healing this season. His healing will be incomplete, either because Fain steals the dagger in Tar Valon, or more research needs to be done before he can be fully healed, or because Moiraine's political situation is such that she can't get the sisters together to do it (I suspect the last).

Next season will follow The Great Hunt, mostly, but there will be a new subplot created for Moiraine and Lan having to do with the Black Ajah, and possibly a new subplot for Mat.  Many elements from Perrin's search for Rand in Book 3 will be pulled back into book 2, including potentially introducing Faile next season.

When Mat is healed, either in the first healing or the second healing, he does not remember much at all...possibly nothing...about his past.  He however, considers this a great weakness and is covering up for it by absorbing every piece of information he is told about his past and trying to integrate that.  Someone tells him his father is great at the Quarterstaff....maybe even he hears the story about the farmer that beat a warder with a quarterstaff...and integrates that.  Because he's got all his battle/combat knowledge just hidden beneath the surface because of who he is, he actually can just because he thinks he can.

I'll speculate a bit further on this...season 2.  Because why not.

Spoiler

Rand, Perrin, Mat, Egwene, Nynaeve, Loiyal, Moiraine, and Lan leave Fal Dara to go to Tal Valon to get Mat healed and take the Horn of Valere there.  They are accompanied by Lord Ingtar, Min (who is a borderlander in this telling), Uno, Masema, and a whole unit of Sheinarans. 
Outside Tar Valon, they meet Elayne who is coming to Tar Valon for training.
However, while they are on the road near Tar Valon, the dagger and the horn are stolen.  Rand and Moiraine have a big fight...she wants him to go to Tar Valon to keep safe (since he is the Dragon), he wants to help Mat and get the dagger. Moiraine lets him go, reassured by Ingtar's presence.  They secure the services of Huron/Elyas (who is a combined character) to help them track the Horn. 

Meanwhile, Egwene, Min, Elayne, Nynaeve continue to the White Tower with Liandrin, who tricks them "to help Rand and the others". 

3 hours ago, WhiteVeils said:

Predictions...some past the end of the season.  Some of these might be hopes.

Mat will speak in the old tongue during his initial healing this season. His healing will be incomplete, either because Fain steals the dagger in Tar Valon, or more research needs to be done before he can be fully healed, or because Moiraine's political situation is such that she can't get the sisters together to do it (I suspect the last).

It is possible that they might have Mat speak with the Old Tongue before the healing.   One of the challenges is that it is never quite clear why Mat does this in the books.  Having him show it during the healing would make logical sense.  They might also show it as being linked to the dagger's influence on him.  

Given the time frames... I don't really see them going for two healings.  And, it could be possible that Mat gets healed before they go to Fal Dara (if Mat and Rand reach Tar Valon pretty quickly).  

I do think that there is a chance that Min replaces Hurin for the Great Hunt storylines.   It would give them a chance to develop that relationship a little earlier and since they moved her to Fal Dara it seems to make the most sense.

My predictions for Episode 5:

This will be more of a Perrin/Eggy focused episode. They will be captured by the Whitecloaks.

Perrin's wolfbrother status will be made more clear - and I think we get the first glance of goldeneyes.

Egwene is going to try some more channeling and I think she will play a bigger role in getting them free than she did in the books.

Moiraine will be brought into the Hall of the Tower and there will be drama with Siuan. 

Mat will get more paranoid. He and Rand will find their way to Basel Gill's inn (which will be relocated to Tar Valon) and they will meet Loial.

The episode will end with Nyn and Egwene being reunited.

• Community Administrator

Ep 5 Predictions:

Tinkers will be confronted by the White Cloaks. Eggs & Perrin will see Valda and attempt to flee with Aram, getting captured in the process.

The wolves will attack the White Cloaks, setting up Perrin, Eggs & Aram to escape. Aram splits off from Eggs & Perrin to return to the Tinkers, finding their wagons burnt down and almost everyone dead.

Mat & Rand will travel, possibly have one more DF encounter before meeting Loial and maybe Min in a Tavern near Tar Valon.

Nyn will be exhausted after her ordeal, and all the witches travel to Tar Valon with Logain, whence Mat see's Logain in the cage and Nynaeve.

At the end of the episode, Eggs and Perrin finally make it to Tar Valon. Eggs has a reunion with Nynaeve.

Mat loses gold at dice again.

Rand is spends the night recovering.

Perrin makes his axe.

26 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

The wolves will attack the White Cloaks, setting up Perrin, Eggs & Aram to escape. Aram splits off from Eggs & Perrin to return to the Tinkers, finding their wagons burnt down and almost everyone dead.

Agree most of what you've said in your post is likely, but this portion regarding most of Raen's and Ila's troop (??) is too early... that occurred in tSR.  If they do it this early...

Also: 

28 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Tar Valon with Logain, whence Mat see's Logain in the cage and Nynaeve.

I'm pretty sure you mean Rand, not Mat.  It will be interesting if they have kept Logain as someone that has the Talent for seeing Ta'veren... If he sees Rand as someone "as bright as the Sun"... it will play back to the scene in Ep. 4 (even if for a different reason).

3 hours ago, Sabio said:

Wonder what episode Fain is coming back because all his spots he was to appear Berelon and Caemlyn are cut. I'm guessing that leaves Fal Dara and him getting caught sneaking in?

episode credits on imdb say 7 and 8

interesting note - the episode blurb for 7 is gone from IMDB today

Edited by Wraith235

I do have one more prediction for this episode: we'll get an even clearer Ba'alzamon appearance, as has been the trend this season (e2: briefly forms in rand's dream; e3: creeps around perrin's dream; e4: interacts with egwene and yells in rand's dream). Not sure whose dream we'll drop in on (Egwene? Mat??) but I think we might actually get a voice line this week!

I think I need to see some more of Perrin and the wolves, tbh. It's the most interesting thing about Perrin and of all the characters so far he has had the least bit of 'wow' factor. Just the 'aw-sad' factor, which is also something. But so far ... let's say if I was to write fanfiction based on the show so far, I would probably forget to include Perrin. And that is not right.

So looks like yes to Whitecloaks + Tinker interaction. Valda looks stunned so presumably golden eyes related, especially as there's a growl in the background.

Funeral for Kerene and co. Uncharacteristic Lan emotion moment on the way too .

Mat at peak off the deep end mode.

Most of the gang makes it to Tar Valon with but perhaps not Perrin and Egwene yet.

Edited by DermidAjala

- Not a fan of Lan referring to TV as home (unless I am misinterpretting?)

- Not a fan of the "White City" name...is that new?

- I love the Mat preview.

- I think we get the Logain seeing Rand scene!!!

- I think we see more of the WT politics.

- Far, far left field prediction...Aram takes up the sword, and Perrin doesn't go back to the Two Rivers in the show.

Edited by Joe B