DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Will Happen in Episode 4?

Elder_Haman

I think the cold open will be Logain causing chaos in Ghealdan and looking really powerful, then perhaps they'll show his capture.

I expect 70% of the episode to center on Logain, Moiraine, Lan, and Nynaeve. 20% Rand, Thom, and Mat, and 10% Perrin and Egwene. I feel episode 5 will have a lot of Perrin and Egwene.

I ... already saw a spoiler about episode 4 and I tried to forget it immediately. I do hope for more wolves, and Perrin for that matter. It makes sense they follow up with more information about why the wolves are there and why they focused on them in the last episode.

We are halfway through the season with episode 4. Will we see another beloved character pop up?

1 minute ago, Daenelia said:

I ... already saw a spoiler about episode 4 and I tried to forget it immediately. I do hope for more wolves, and Perrin for that matter. It makes sense they follow up with more information about why the wolves are there and why they focused on them in the last episode.

We are halfway through the season with episode 4. Will we see another beloved character pop up?

I am guessing it will be wolves who are the main reason Perrin and Egwene escape the WC, but we'll see if it's still Nynaeve and co.

I think the Prologue-esque scene before the title sequence will be Logain either getting captured or maybe even channeling for the first time or declaring himself the Dragon.

Moiraine/Lan/Nynaeve arc: Moiraine is healed, and we probably get the attempt to free Logain by his followers. Probably some fun Aes Sedai dialogue, especially with Linadrin there

Perrin & Egwene: probably a slower episode for them. A good chance for them to rest and recover, possibly get some important information (especially with Sir Not Appearing In This Adaptation, uh, not appearing) but I now think Episode 5 (Blood Calls Blood) will be the Big Whitecloack Confrontation. We may see the beginning of it though

Rand/Mat/Thom: fleeing east towards Whitebridge, but you can't outrun a Fade. It'll catch them, but in the meantime I expect them to have to play for their supper, maybe do some barn chores on the road. Mat's mental state continues to deteriorate. Rand maybe gets post-touching the Source sickness? Might save that for Episode 5. Episode 4 ends with Thom buying the boys time to escape, his screams echoing as we cut to black

Boys get chased by a Fade. Rand also gets sick.

I expect the biggest lore dump yet about the Dragon Reborn and the "corruption" to parallel Rand's sickness, with Logain as the source of that. Plus Moiraine and Co get caught up in an attempt to free Logain.

Egwene and Perrin? Hard to say. A little more Tinkers. Perhaps we'll see Perrin learn about his connection to wolves. Oh, and White Cloaks. Their White Cloak capture is coming. They'll probably escape with Moiraine, and Perrin will need to use violence. Probably no Elyas.

28 minutes ago, themann1086 said:

Perrin & Egwene: probably a slower episode for them. A good chance for them to rest and recover, possibly get some important information (especially with Sir Not Appearing In This Adaptation, uh, not appearing) but I now think Episode 5 (Blood Calls Blood) will be the Big Whitecloack Confrontation. We may see the beginning of it though

Yes I bet they get taken at the end of the episode

Thematically, I think we may see the question of "Is Moiraine right about the dragon being from the two rivers?" being front and center in episode 4.

Logain's back story, Moiraine getting healed, and maybe a dragon sworn ambush/battle.

Perrin learning about the Way of the Leaf and how that might be a way for him to get past recent events in his life.

I don't think that we get Tom and a Fade in this one.  Maybe just them traveling with Tom teaching them stuff.

I think the aes sedai and the false dragon will be the perfect time for some exposition. I expect the audience will be at least told the basics on saidin and saidar and the taintcorruption.

Right there, I expect that moiraine will also tell nynaeve that she can channel, they will have the discussion that in books they had after shadar logoth.

Which is a perfect setup, when moiraine describes the fast illness shortly after channeling the first time, we'll cut to rand feeling ill. could work great!

I think thom's sacrifice could be a good cliffhanger for the end of the episode. Or maybe egwene and perrin captured by whitecloacks.

The title refers to Logain.  I would have thought maybe we'd get the Prologue and some reveal on Rand, but..  Well IMDB cast Lews Therin Telamon and he's only in the 8th episdode.   

I also would have guessed Bayle's introduction, but again, no casting.

Thom is only in last episode and this one, so I think the Fade fight is a given.  Along with the set up of Perrin and the Wolves.  Because there's more in common with Perrin and Egwene I also wouldn't be surprised if the TV show chooses to hint at Egwene's talent here as well.

37 minutes ago, KakitaOCU said:

The title refers to Logain.  I would have thought maybe we'd get the Prologue and some reveal on Rand, but..  Well IMDB cast Lews Therin Telamon and he's only in the 8th episdode.   

I also would have guessed Bayle's introduction, but again, no casting.

Thom is only in last episode and this one, so I think the Fade fight is a given.  Along with the set up of Perrin and the Wolves.  Because there's more in common with Perrin and Egwene I also wouldn't be surprised if the TV show chooses to hint at Egwene's talent here as well.

Yeah, I’m expecting a pretty Logain heavy episode. There’s a few things we’ve seen in the trailer that we haven’t seen in the show yet, so I’m going to be looking for that. 

1 hour ago, KakitaOCU said:

I'm not sure that they are ready to show a Fade fight yet.   At the moment they are the biggest bad that they have shown the audience (other than the few glimpses of Baal'zamon from the dreams).

1 hour ago, TheDreadReader said:

Thematically, I think we may see the question of "Is Moiraine right about the dragon being from the two rivers?" being front and center in episode 4.

I think we may get a scene of her being really worried about this.

32 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

Does this show not do trailers for the next episodes?  I guess I am thinking of game of thrones that did that.

Honestly have no idea what will happen next episode.  Will Perrin and Egwene ever get captured by whitecloaks the books?

The October trailer showed Perrin and Egwene encircled by WC on horseback with Aram lying unconscious nearby, so seems like it. And they deserve something exciting happening to them.

In the books when Egwene and Perrin are captured, their escape is assisted by Nyneave, Moiraine, and Lan who reunite with them. I wonder if that will happen next episode, the following, or they will reunite somewhere else? It seems like Nyneave, Moiraine, and Lan will spend most of the next episode with Logain and the other sisters, so I'm guessing the Egwene and Perrin capture will be in the next episode and the escape and reunion near the start of episode 5?

1 hour ago, king of nowhere said:

Right there, I expect that moiraine will also tell nynaeve that she can channel, they will have the discussion that in books they had after shadar logoth.

Which is a perfect setup, when moiraine describes the fast illness shortly after channeling the first time, we'll cut to rand feeling ill. could work great!

I agree with this. Also, in episode 3, Lan asks Nynaeve how she tracked them and she refused to tell him. This creates a good set up for Moiraine to explain (per the books) that Nynaeve was able to find them because she had healed one of the four EFers with the one power. And will make Lan feel a bit better about the whole situation.

7 minutes ago, ForsakenPotato said:

In the books when Egwene and Perrin are captured, their escape is assisted by Nyneave, Moiraine, and Lan who reunite with them. I wonder if that will happen next episode, the following, or they will reunite somewhere else? It seems like Nyneave, Moiraine, and Lan will spend most of the next episode with Logain and the other sisters, so I'm guessing the Egwene and Perrin capture will be in the next episode and the escape and reunion near the start of episode 5?

There was a released video where Egwene and Nynaeve reunite in the WT (which I believe will happen in ep. 6). I wonder if Perrin and Egwene will be helped just by wolves and Aram. The way Nynaeve helped them escape didn't require violence, so he or a group of travelling people could do it instead.

Edited by Deadsy

43 minutes ago, TheDreadReader said:

I'm not sure that they are ready to show a Fade fight yet.   At the moment they are the biggest bad that they have shown the audience (other than the few glimpses of Baal'zamon from the dreams).

Honestly, that's kind of more reason to develop that fight a bit more.

But, assuming your take is correct, the book doesn't show the fight.  So we don't have to see it either.

But, Showing Thom, who effortlessly took out the Darkfriend and will have had a whole episode to show competence, have no ability to really hold back a Fade would build them up even more.

26 minutes ago, themann1086 said:

Less plot prediction, but I think there's been a Dragon's Fang in every episode so far, and I expect this trend to continue, especially with the episode title!

in episode 1 it was the butchered sheep, and in 3 it was the blood in the pool.

but in episode 2? I didn't notice it, where was it?