DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

S1E5: Blood Calls Blood

SinisterDeath
Message added by SinisterDeath,

For discussing Season 1, Episode 5 titled "Blood Calls Blood".

Reminder:

1. Discussion in this topic is limited to Episode 5.
  2. If your post is about the series, go to the Season 1 Discussion Topic.
  3. If your post doesn't fit in either topic, search the WoT TV show Forum for a similar Topic.
  4. If you cannot find a similar Topic, post a new one. If you are unsure, PM the moderators for help.
  5. If your post is Off-Topic, it will be moved or deleted without warning.
  6. Finally Be Respectful to each other.

43 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

My proof is that by moving this scene to just outside the White Tower (so close they can easily see it) and making the Whitecloaks immediately Aes Sedai killers, they have made that scene make no sense.

Just like Loial no longer making sense when talking about crowds chasing him, just like how women can link but chose not to in episode 4 to shield Logain which would've solved the issue presented in the episode, just like how men control the world even though women don't appear to have anything holding them back and have the advantage (not to mention that women control much of the world and have advisors in almost every nation), just like Logain seeing Nynaeve's weave even though he apparently didn't, just like how Stepin doesn't go into a rage until he see's his Aes Sedai dead, just like Lan who had already lost everything being extremely affected because one of his friends has dies when he should be used to it, just like Warder's praying to the Forsaken in the White Tower, just like a Warder killing himself instead of running off to the Blight to die doing the most damage he can, just like nothing in this show makes sense.

So many issue with this show that should've been fixed and yet Sarah the shill is there telling us how well thought out everything is. They couldn't even make it through half a season without destroying any sense in this world.

Not going to bother to go through all of this. Most have been discussed ad nauseam, and those few that are questionable could still be explained later on. 

Nobody ever said men control the world. A known man-hater while pretending not to be so said that in some places they do. 

The stepin thing is a clear change that the Warder has ongoing insurmountable pain, rather than berserker rage. The rage was not the Warder reaction to the breaking of the bond. 

But, as I think I have said before, the main point is if you start off wanting only the story of the books with minimal changes absolutely necessary for TV showing (which I would have loved but I accept they haven't done), and you come to this with an attitude of "not want", then you watch it not wanting it to make sense. If you read the books with this frame of mind you would find thousands of similar things that "have no sense in the world" 

12 minutes ago, 2RiversFan said:

I also mentioned the disbelief that Whitecloaks were so close to Tar Valon in one of my first posts in this thread:

1. Shallow graves??  
2. "Last embrace of the Mother" - no longer just a Borderlander saying then.

3. Whitecloaks so close to TV??
4.  Loial!!!!! but waaaay too short

To add to your thoughts

1.  Frozen ground, either they put stones over top of them like Thom did for the Aiel or they burned them with the OP.

2. Was Kerene a Borderlander?  I know green is an attractive Ajah for borderlanders.

3.  I checked the map on amazon prime and it shows their camp a ways away from where they stopped the tinkers.  So they likely camp far back and harry back and forth.  Also on the map it shows that Egwenes/Perrins route matches up with Moriaines and Lans near the tower.  If we assume that Valda headed south after the tower Aes Sedai and followed them to TV it makes sense that Perrin and Egwene run into them afterwards

4. He is shorter than I imagined but still taller than tall Rand.

2 hours ago, Harad the White said:

Was the suicide pact between Matt and Rand in the Book? (Reminds me of "Aliens" when the surviving Colonial Marines make the same deal.) 

Wasn't a suicide pact and I think was actually Rand and Perrin.  Was Perrin saying if they ever get back to the Two Rivers, if he ever mentions leaving to knock some sense into him or something like that.

- I'm very disappointed with Loial personification in the show. The acting is bad, it's super unnatural and akward. He looks ridiculous with that hair and he's just not lovely!

- Valda. Why is he always eating? The scene with Perrin and Ewgene is sooo bad and clumsy.

- I'm ok with them making up new plot lines, but all this thing about the warders' sexual life is so badly handled. They're traying to make it politically correct and it ended up being forced. 

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Harad the White said:

Which one did you mean?

WaFo Wake Forest
WAFO Water Alcohol Freon Oil
WAFO Wave Analysis for Fatigue and Oceanography
WAFO Wide Area Field Optic
WAFO Workforce Analysis And Forecasting Office

DM has this handy little feature, where if you hover over text with those dots, you'll see what that acronym means. (Doesn't always work with mobile devices)

image.png

39 minutes ago, Ralph said:

Re updated time line on prime app and website, it says they arrive in TV ten days after the Dragon's army attacked. The show said one month later... 

I'll look it over, but my initial thought is that the oversimplification may be due to the three divergent story lines not being totally in sync. It may have been 10 days since we last saw Moiraine, but 28 or so since we saw Rand/Mat/Perrin/Egwene.

Just now, king of nowhere said:

one thing i can't tell, not even stilling the image: after perrin's eyes got golden the first time, did they revert back to brown?

will they give perrin some eye lenses, or will they use cgi every time they want to make the golden eye effect?

To me on the big screen TV, it looked like his reverted back to brown eyes. 

But I'm looking forward to when Perrin is Lord Perrin Goldeneyes. 

23 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

one thing i can't tell, not even stilling the image: after perrin's eyes got golden the first time, did they revert back to brown?

will they give perrin some eye lenses, or will they use cgi every time they want to make the golden eye effect?

Yes they did. For now it seems they're going for some sort of werewolf thing.

Well, weredog thing.

9 minutes ago, Raezold said:

For now it seems they're going for some sort of werewolf thing.

Well, weredog thing

Right. It's a good cinematic idea. The werehusky transformation can be effective tension-wise. 100s of were-animals movies can't be wrong.  But as, was said above by @GanoesParan eventually it would be cool to have his permanent lordly designation.

51 minutes ago, Harad the White said:

True. Still doesn't make them "cowards."

I respect your opinion and you don’t have to agree with me. But based on the books regarding the Tinkers specifically not our world events, I felt like they were complicit in other people defending them, thus washing their hands of what they saw as a wrong but weren’t mad if it benefited them. There was I think the presence of a stream of consciousness of one of them in the last battle that reaches a similar conclusion which led them to pulling a Desmond Doss medic type role. Personally this I respect more within the confines of the book. Also, the Aiel people came to the same conclusion. That doesn’t mean they aren’t without their flaws either though.