DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WT/Warders 101 - all please read, especially New & Returning Members

Welcome to the White Tower and Warders Social Group!

image.png.e3ab76d825ce80436120c5b96897ba7e.png
Image by our own Cross

WHO ARE WE
a community beyond the books

The term "Aes Sedai" means "Servants of All" in the Old Tongue. The White Tower and Warders Social Group has used the philosophy of Servants of All to create a social setting based on the hierarchy, purpose and set-up of the White Tower and Warders in the WoT series. This inspires the way in which we interact and some of the activities which we organize, although we are a social community and not a role playing group.

We offer people of varying common interests - related to the books or otherwise - a chance to find their niche with like minded people in one of the Ajahs or the Warders guild. Whether you become a Warder or an Aes Sedai (here males can be Aes Sedai and females can be Warders), at the White Tower and Warders Social Group, you can live out that philosophy and have fun doing it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

General Rules
Behaviour for ALL members of and visitors to the White Tower and Warders

RESPECT
This is, without exception, the number one rule at the White Tower Social Group. We are all from different parts of the world and our differences should be celebrated. I will not accept any slander or flaming, ever.

Respect those of the Warder path as equal ranking members to those of the Aes Sedai path.

Respect all members of a higher rank and every level of staff, even if they are not in the same path as you. I will not accept abuse of staff. They are volunteers, who mostly have jobs and/or families too. They work here in their spare time.

Respect the rules for each section of the White Tower/Warders. As stated above, different people have different ideas about relaxing and having fun. What works for one Ajah might not for another Ajah or the Warders. Their boards are their homes, and everyone is expected to respect that and adhere to what they want. One of those places will one day become YOUR home.

Undecided, Novices, Algai, Accepted & Der'Manshima: please bear in mind that the Aspirant Quarters is YOUR home. That is the place where you can go crazy (within limits). You are encouraged and very welcome to participate and interact at the various Ajah and Warder boards, but always bear in mind that you are a visitor there and behave appropriately.

CHANNELING

Only members of the White Tower can channel. Aes Sedai may channel at their whim as long as they are not abusing another member. No "channeling" from the Undecided and Warder's Guild. Period.

If you're a Novice, you can channel as long as you have a full ranking babysitter. Without an Aes Sedai giving you permission, channeling is not allowed.

Accepted may channel in minimal amounts without supervision, but any big weaves will land you in SERIOUS trouble. 

Algai, Manshima & Der'Manshima, deal with it. This is the White Tower, you can't channel.**

God-moding induces eye-rolling. And no you do not possess Mat's Ter'Angreal or any other Angreal or Ter'Angreal.

**What you are at another Club or Group has no bearing at the White Tower & Warders. Here you are ONLY either Aes Sedai, or you are Warders, or in the process of becoming that. Aes Sedai can channel, Warders cannot channel.

ROLE PLAYING

This is a SOCIAL GROUP, we are NOT a Roleplay Club and you are NOT a character in a story. There is a Roleplay Club that is designed for RP, and it is not us. You are most welcome to belong to both the Social side (us) and the Roleplay side (them).

We are a community that is structured in a similar manner to the Books. While we can not Channel in real life or swing swords at each other through a computer screen, a little imagination is used to create a welcoming, positive atmosphere in what is considered “Lite roleplay”. “Lite” roleplay is indicative of the level of how we play. We use titles, and ranks, but we are not playing a Character. We are ourselves, only with a pseudonym and an avatar. (Think [[SCA]] but Wheel of Time.) 

While we may joke about cabana boys and making novices scrub dirty pots, we will never ACTUALLY make you scrub pots. We’re not that kind of club. Consent is key.

Lastly, but not least

We're the White Tower and Warders. Though this is not the role playing section, we ARE still loosely based on the WT/Warders in the books. Everyone and anyone is welcome to join us, but only if you think you will fit in with our philosophies. We are upfront about what we are about and how we expect everyone here to behave. If what you have read thus far is not to your liking, that is completely understandable and we respect that. Please have a look at the other Social Groups and see if there are any which are more to your liking.  Being an Aes Sedai or Warder is fun, but it's also a Privilege that is worked for and earned, not a Creator Given Right.

Do we expect you to be perfect? Hell no! We ALL slip up. We ALL cross the line at some stage. What matters is how you handle it when that happens. Made an oopsy? Got a slap on the wrist or a penance? Grin and bear it. You'll probably become a member of staff one day!

Have I scared you off? No? Excellent! We'll make a Warder or an Aes Sedai out of you yet! If you want us to ?

WHAT IS WHERE AND WHAT CAN I SEE?

There are 4 open sections here at the White Tower & Warders Club:

The White Tower and Warders Public Forum: (Hint: Where you are now.)

This is the area where all Aes Sedai, Warders, and those working towards that can hang out together, chat about mutually interesting things, interact, etc.

But, all other members of Dragonmount are also welcome! Maybe you just want to read something interesting, or you see there's an Event happening that you want to participate in, or you think it might be fun to be an Aes Sedai or a Warder. There's no pressure on you to actually really truly JOIN UP and take classes and work to one day become a Warder or an Aes Sedai.

Tar Valon:

This is where we hold Events. Most of these Events will be hosted by WT/W members, but we'll sometimes have shared events with other Groups from Dragonmount, like the Black Tower, the Aiel, or even *gasp* Shayol Ghul! What can I say? They have really nice Cookies ?

Again, any other members of Dragonmount are also welcome to participate!

The Lecture Hall:

What it says on the label.

All members of Dragonmount are welcome to observe this board, but only the particular participants of threads (ie Teacher and Student), the MoN,  Amyrlin, Keeper, Sword Captain and any other Staff directly involved may post in them.

The Hidden Boards:

is what you also get access to once you've plucked up the courage to actually really truly JOIN UP and work towards one day being Raised to Aes Sedai or Promoted to Warder. For this, you will need to request access (we'll tell you how in the next post), which the MoN or MaA will process, then we'll ask an Admin to add you to the correct usergroup and eventually you'll see ... well ... so many many interesting things!  But I can't tell you, because it's a secret ?

Oh ok ... I'll share a little bit. You'll be able to see the Hall of the Tower, where people are Raised and Promoted, and where they Bond, and all kinds of other Interesting Official Things happen.

Then there will be the Ajah Quarters (Blue, Brown, Gray, Green, Red, White & Yellow), The Warders Guild (it has the best Tavern on DM, no word of a lie), the Aspirant Common Room (you'll love that! especially the Dormitories!) and a few other nooks and crannies. 

Has all of this made you want to JOIN UP? Alrighty then - take a deep breath and read on:

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO

You will start your journey at the White Tower and Warders as either a Novice, Algai or Undecided Initiate. Raising through the ranks is meant to be a journey as much as it is meant to help you discover where you want to go.

As an Algai, you have started the path to become a Manshima, and then finally a Der'Manshima within the Warders Guild. As a member of the Warders Guild, you can choose to join one of three disciplines of like-minded brothers and sisters in battle.

As a Novice, you have dedicated yourself to control your potential to channel. From Novice, to Accepted and finally Aes Sedai, the Ajahs will help define your heart as you become part of the Legend of the White Tower.

If you aren't quite sure, your requirements do not change as you progress, but before raising to Accepted or Manshima you must choose a path.

When you have reached a certain stage as Accepted/Manshima (check the requirement guidelines), you may apply to join the Ajah or Discipline of your choice. Please be aware, however, that MOST of the Ajahs/Disciplines prefer to handle this privately and each have their own application process. They will announce it should they ACCEPT you. Familiarize yourself with these processes in advance (ask the Ajah Head or Discipline Leader) and you'll help yourself out a ton.

How will YOU choose to serve?

If you are a new member:

To join the WT & Warders,

1) Read all of the information contained in this thread 

2) Read the DragonMount Code of Conduct here.

3) Fill out This Simple Form // Novice and Aspirant Book

4) Post here saying that you have:

a) Read and Understood and Agree to Abide by all the rules and

b) Filled out the form.

Your information will be added to our spreadsheets, from which the Mistress of Novices or the Mistress at Arms will update your records.  They will also send you an email containing more useful information.

They attempt to do this as speedily as possible, but please be patient for a few days as this is not an instant process. Most of us have jobs, families, lives. If it has been more than a week, please post here again - sometimes slips happen.

Once you have been added to our main usergroup, you will be able to see a whole new set of boards in the main forum list. One of them will be the Aspirant Common Room and sub-forums. Please head over there first thing, and read all the pinned topics you can find. This will be your home until you one day join an Ajah or the Warders.

If you are a returning member:

Welcome back! Let's get you sorted by:

1. Filling out the THIS FORM (it updates our records)
  2. Please post the following here:
    1. Your full and correct Handle (DM Display Name).
      • Remember that you must use the Handle (DM Display Name) you were known as when you were last here, unless you have received permission to change it. Read more about this HERE.
    2. Your path (Warder or Aes Sedai)
    3. Your rank (novice, algai, Accepted, Manshima, Aes Sedai, Der'Manshima)
    4. Your affiliation (ie member of the Ren'Shai Discipline or of the White Ajah, etc)
    5. (If known) Previous Mentor & Join Date 

People join DM in general and the White Tower & Warders in particular to relax and have fun. Different people have different ways of relaxing and having fun, though. Here are a few simple rules to ensure that the majority of our members can do that - please read and adhere to them:

• The Dragonmount Code of Conduct
  • General rules (post #1)
  • The Signature and Avatar rules
  • The PG13 guide (post #2)
  • The Bonding Rules and Guidelines (post #3)
  • The Rules for Changing Ajahs/Disciplines, Paths & Handles and making new accounts (post #4)
  • Spam, Thread-Hijacking and Off Topic (post #5)

Staff Structure: HERE (post #7)

WT Org Info:

• Official Email : dmwtorg@gmail.com

• New Member Sign-up Form: HERE

• Returning Member Sign-up Form: Forthcoming

• Anonymous Suggestion Form: HERE

Edited by Delenn

You must be 13 years or older to join Dragonmount!

A Rough Guide to PG13

In general DM tries to use the MPAA Film Ratings as a guide to how to handle the PG 13 rule:

Spoiler

A PG-13 rating is a sterner warning by the Rating Board to parents to determine whether their children under age 13 should view the motion picture, as some material might not be suited for them. A PG-13 motion picture may go beyond the PG rating in theme, violence, nudity, sensuality, language, adult activities or other elements, but does not reach the restricted R category. The theme of the motion picture by itself will not result in a rating greater than PG-13, although depictions of activities related to a mature theme may result in a restricted rating for the motion picture. Any drug use will initially require at least a PG-13 rating. More than brief nudity will require at least a PG-13 rating, but such nudity in a PG-13 rated motion picture generally will not be sexually oriented. There may be depictions of violence in a PG-13 movie, but generally not both realistic and extreme or persistent violence. A motion picture’s single use of one of the harsher sexually-derived words, though only as an expletive, initially requires at least a PG-13 rating. More than one such expletive requires an R rating, as must even one of those words used in a sexual context. The Rating Board nevertheless may rate such a motion picture PG-13 if, based on a special vote by a two-thirds majority, the Raters feel that most American parents would believe that a PG-13 rating is appropriate because of the context or manner in which the words are used or because the use of those words in the motion picture is inconspicuous.

Now. I say GUIDE, because PG13 is completely left up to the viewer to determine at DM. So what flies on Shayol Ghul might not fly here, in other words. I know this seems unfair and arbitrary, which is why I'm trying to give you some guidelines here as to what I will accept, since my word is the final one here at the WT.

1. Notice the underlined about cursing up there? This means that anywhere at DM, you cannot say the f-word. Using an * in the middle of the word to substitute a letter is not acceptable either.

2. Here at the WT, I'll probably let a single use of shit, damn, ass, goddamnit, hell, etc pass. To be clear... while some people consider "Oh My God" or any use of "God" a curse word, this is a secular site and nobody will get in trouble for using the word God in that manner. If a curse word is used repeatedly or to attack another person...you have crossed the line. If there's a word you're wondering about cause I haven't listed it here:

A. You have too much time on your hands

B. PM me to be sure before using it.

3. Nudity - "Brief and of a non-sexual nature" means this to me: Streaking-- OK so long as you have permission of the Ajah/Disc you are subjecting to it. *Mother slowly undresses, letting her clothes fall to a puddle on the bank of the moat* -- NOT OK. This type of nekkidness is happening too frequently with the flirting recently. WTH happened to holding hands, people?

4. Body parts and Bodily functions TMI-- We don't need to know how perfectly round your loveapples are, ok? We also don't need to know what a massive dump you just took. Kthx.

5. Violence-- Pictures of violence, blood, gore, etc. Just don't post them. If there is some acceptable reason you have to post them (say in response to a serious discussion about the after-effects of war), LINK them instead of posting them inline in the thread. Like this:

Link to picture of dead people (Viewer discretion advised)

6. "Naughty" pictures-- Ok. I know how you guys like to post pictures in your best chest and best belly contests. That's cool. I also know how sometimes you like to post pics off the internet of chicks wearing leather, or use them in sigs, etc. What I don't want to see in these pics: Sexual gestures or mimicry (a dude thrusting his pelvis into the camera would be a good example of this) and ANY NAUGHTY BITS or hairy areas surrounding naughty bits. Seriously.

I also want you to follow the "LINK" rule I mentioned above for pics like this. Some people read DM at work guys, and we don't need to see Bettie Page pics on our screen when the boss is hovering behind us.

7. For Aspies-- Anything a full-rank member objects to that I haven't covered on this list. So if a Green sister asks you not to do something and it's not on this list, don't do "nyah nyah, Mother didn't cover that". Just stop doing it. If you disagree with them, send ME a message about it explaining the situation-- don't argue in thread about it. My word is the final one on this stuff.

8. Point 7 applies right up the line. Replace "a full ranking member" with "anyone of higher rank".

I *think* that about covers it. Again, if something is not covered, use your brains and/or accept whatever a higher ranking member tells you.

As written up by Claire, Amyrlin Emeritus

Fully endorsed by Elgee, Amyrlin

BONDING

Rules and Guidelines

Through the years, things have evolved at the White Tower & Warders of Dragonmount to the point where we wish to formalise exactly what Bonding means here now, and who can do what to or with whom. We do not wish to "take away the fun", but the less drama due to miss-understandings, the better. Below you will find some rules which are in effect now, and some guidelines.

Rules:

• Bonding is a word used exclusively by those who can Channel.
  • No other association or relationship can be called a Bond.
  • Aes Sedai have full control over Channeling at the White Tower, therefore Aes Sedai can Bond anyone at the White Tower.
  • Only Guild members may be Bonded as Warders. 
  • To make it clear: Novices, Algai, Accepted, and Manshima may not Bond or be Bonded, or even THINK of "promising" to Bond or be Bonded. You need to be an active member (ie have access to the private boards) to Bond and/or be Bonded.
  • There are only 2 official forms of Bonding at the White Tower & Warders, ie
    • The Warder Bond
    • The Souvra Bond (Sister + Sister, Sister + Brother or Brother + Brother)
  • Guild members can become Sword Brothers from the rank of Manshima upwards. There is no Channeling involved in these, therefore they are not classified as Bonds (ie they would call themselves "Sword Brother/Sister to Bill", not "Bonded to Bill").

The Warder Bond

Spoiler

This is exactly as in the Books, and the exact nature of the relationship is strictly a matter between those involved, also exactly as in the Books.
The only deviations from the Books are that:

a) Reds may also Bond Warders;
b) All Aes Sedai may Bond more than 1 Warder;
c) All Warders may be Bonded to more than 1 Aes Sedai.

The Souvra Bond

Spoiler

This is based on the Aiel "First Sister" bond, as adapted by Elayne, an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah. We are NOT the Aiel, however, so in order to form a Souvra Bond, the participants themselves must be able to channel *.

* There are 2 slight exceptions to this that may be allowed. Do not abuse this privilege, or the matter will be revisited.

• Warders who are Bonded to the same Aes Sedai can become Bonded Sword Brothers/Sisters. The Bonding Weave has to be done by their Aes Sedai.
  • Guild members can also be Bonded as a Souvra (Brother/Sister) by an Aes Sedai.

•  

Guidelines:

• Spoiler

• Get to know someone very well before even thinking of Bonding them.
    • Traditionally, it is expected that those who are already Bonded should seek the permission or approval of their Bondeds before entering into another one.
    • Not everyone sees the Bond in the same way. Some take it more seriously than others. Some are more open to multiple Bonds than others. We would advise that all parties concerned discuss what they expect from the Bond and their Bondees/Bonders before entering into one, and that they also discuss it with their Bondees/Bonders before entering into another Warder/Aes Sedai Bond or Souvra Bond.
    • Some Aes Sedai or Warders don't mind at all if you "play around" with their Bondeds in any way or if others want to Bond their Bondeds; others will want to rip your face off if you do. It's THEIR Bond, so find out before you charge in where angels fear to tread, and respect whatever their boundaries are.
    • Please remember that this is NOT the Role Playing side of DM - a LITTLE light RPing in a Bonding ceremony is fun, but don't cross the line into full-blown, lengthy RPing. See the Purpose and Rules of the Hall of the Tower thread, particularly post 5, for more information.

Existing Bonds & Rule Changes

Spoiler

Anyone who Bonded as a Novice or an Algai prior to March 2011 (even if they are still currently at this level) will still be Bonded. Anyone who Bonded as Accepted or Manshima prior to May 2021 (even if they are currently at this level) will still be Bonded. If you are unsure as to your Bonding status, please send me a PM.

Changing Ajahs/Disciplines, Paths, Handles & Making New Accounts

Changing Ajahs/Disciplines or Paths

Since the inception of the White Tower Social group there have been instances in which Ajah or Path switches occurred, or people have left the WT altogether. While this has hardly been a common occurrence, these situations do occur and we would like you to be aware of how to handle this with the courtesy expected and to know that this matter is not to be taken lightly.

Do NOT announce this in public. Doing so is considered the height of rudeness and extremely inconsiderate towards the previous Ajah/Discipline/Group. It's just not done. Bear in mind that Ajahs/Disciplines/Groups have the right to refuse your application to join, so how you handle this situation will impact on your acceptance into another Ajah/Group or your re-acceptance.

The protocol for Ajah Switching is as follows:

Spoiler

1. Contact your Ajah Head to let her know and CC the Keeper and Amyrlin (and MoN if you are not yet a full ranking member).
  2. Your request will be processed. Try to have an open mind if mediation is attempted to resolve the problem (assuming that’s a possibility).
  3. Once your request has been granted, your Ajah Head will let the Ajah know of the switch via their private boards, as well as the other Ajah Heads via the WT Staff board. You are requested not to make any public announcements to avoid any unpleasantness.
  4. At this point you are welcome to explore the different Ajahs and try to find your new home. If you are an Aes Sedai, you still retain that rank for 3 months as you search for acceptance to a new Ajah.
  5. Once you have been accepted by a new Ajah, you will have to do the following minimum requirement before your acceptance is announced: Participate in an event sponsored by your Ajah/Guild. Please note that the Ajahs might require that you fulfil some further Ajah specific requirements - they will inform you of such. Your new Ajah Head will give you a set time in which to do all of the above, at her discretion.
  6. Should you not be accepted by a new Ajah within 3 months of leaving your previous Ajah, you will be demoted to the rank of an Accepted. You will be able to regain the rank of an Aes Sedai by re-doing the following requirement: Participate in an event sponsored by your Ajah/Guild (this would obviously necessitate you petitioning to and being accepted by an Ajah and fulfilling any other requirements they specify).

The protocol for Discipline Switching is as follows:

Spoiler

• Contact your Discipline Leader to let him know and CC the Sword Captain and Amyrlin (and MaA if you are not yet a full ranking member).
  • (2-6) Exactly as above, substituting the appropriate titles and names.

Note: Any returnees who no longer feel at home in their old Ajah / Discipline will have the choice of either following the above procedure, or to start anew as one level down (for instance Aes Sedai to Accepted).

The protocol for switching paths is as follows:

Spoiler

• Contact your Ajah Head / Discipline Leader and CC the Sword Captain, Keeper and Amyrlin (and MoN/MaA if you are not yet a full ranking member).
  • Your request will be processed. Try to have an open mind if mediation is attempted to resolve the problem (assuming that’s a possibility).
  • Once your request has been granted, the relevant staff will announce this at the relevant private boards, as well as at the WT Staff board. You are requested not to make any public announcements to avoid any unpleasantness.
  • At this point you are welcome to explore the group you have changed to, in order to find your new home. If you were a full ranking member (Aes Sedai or Der'Manshima), you will be demoted to one level down (Accepted or Manshima). In order to gain full rank in your new group you will have to re-do the following requirement: Participate in an event sponsored by your Ajah/Guild (this would obviously necessitate you petitioning to and being accepted by an Ajah/Discipline and fulfilling any other requirements they specify).

Changing your Handle (DM Display name) or making a completely new account:

Spoiler

The protocol for changing your DM Handle is as follows according to the CoC (this applies to making a new account too)

7. Name changes. Members who wish to have their display names changed should PM the Admins with the request and an explanation of why they want their name changed. Members who do not abuse the process by seeking to repeatedly change their display name will typically be given permission to change their display name, so long as they either use "Formerly [Prior Name]" as their personal text or include it prominently in their signature for a 90 day period following the change.

1. After you have received permission from the Admins, please inform:

• Your immediate leader(s) (MoN / MaA at wtmonmaa@gmail.com and/or Ajah Head / Discipline Leader) and CC
  • The Amyrlin at dmwtorg@gmail.com.

This is purely so that our records can be updated with your new details.

The protocol for starting a completely new account without advertising the fact as above, is as follows (this might change, but an announcement will be made if so):

Spoiler

If you were previously a member of the White Tower or Warders, or you are a current member, and wish to start afresh with a new account or name without advertising the fact as per clause 7 of the CoC, you must seek special permission from the Admins to do so. After gaining Admin permission, you must inform the Amyrlin of this, giving any and all old usernames and affiliations (Ajah/Disc). This will be disclosed only to the Ajah Heads and Warder Guild upper staff, unless you wish to publish the fact yourself.

If it is later found that you changed your name or made a new account and failed to follow the above procedure, you will be removed from the White Tower and Warders usergroup permanently.

Please also note that old accounts must be deleted, as you are only allowed to have one account at DM.

Spam, Thread-Hijacking, Off Topic

Often confused with each other, but not to be confused with "having fun" or "light-hearted posting"

Spoiler

The WT/Warders is a social group, which per definition means a place to have fun. Not everyone has the same idea of what constitutes fun, though. If you take a look at the Ajahs and Warder Disciplines here, you will see a different type of interaction on almost each one. All groups have fun, as THEY define it.

Some of us love to flirt, to banter back and forth, to take a topic in various and divergent tangents. That's fine - it's what some of us are all about. Some people prefer to have only serious discussions, concentrating on the matter at hand. Some like to do both. It all depends on where you are, and what those who's "home" that is, prefer. This goes a long way towards explaining why sometimes you'll be told to "stop spamming this thread" whilst the exact same thing will be quite acceptable somewhere else. Please read individual board pinned topics, get a feel for a board or even ask what their policy is before you start participating. Above all, please read the title and the first few posts in a thread - that will usually define what is acceptable and what not in that thread.

Hopefully the general definitions given below will give you some pointers.

Off Topic: self-explanatory - going off the theme of a topic.

Spam: depends on where you are, but most commonly means "a large volume of inane posts in a thread/area where such is not wanted". There are almost no true spam thread at the WT/Warders, apart from the Moat thread.

Thread-Hijacking: where 2 or 3 people monopolize a thread for more than just a few posts, usually going off-topic. This is not to be confused with a discussion topic where only a few people happen to be participating, or a Bonding thread where obviously only the Bonding pair are initially going to be posting. We're talking about having a "private" conversation where no-one else can really join in, and/or ignoring everyone else who also have a right to post in that thread at that time. If you've done more than a page of this, likely you're hijacking a thread. (Moat thread excluded)

Staff Structure

Amyrlin Seat / Group Leader : Elgee
Handle: Elgee
Staff Email: dmwtorg@gmail.com
Personal Email: lg_curepipe @ yahoo.com
Most-Used Messenger: PM me on here, or email me at the above address.

Keeper of the Chronicles / Assistant Group Leader: Cross
Handle: Cross
Personal Email: dmwtorg@gmail.com
Most-Used Messenger: PM me here

Sword Captain of the Warder's Guild / Assistant Group Leader:
Handle: Azshaya
Staff Email: dmwtorg@gmail.com
Most-Used Messenger: Private Message on DM

Mistress of Novices: Delenn
Handle: Delenn
Staff Email: wtmonmaa@gmail.com
Most-Used Messenger: Private Message on DM

Master at Arms: 
Handle: 
Staff Email: wtmonmaa@gmail.com

Blue Ajah Head: Vacant - contact 1st Sitter Siera

Brown Ajah Head: Vacant - contact Cross
Most Used messenger: Private Message on DM

Gray Ajah Head: Vacant
Most-Used Messenger:

Green Ajah Head: Ryrin
Most-Used Messenger: Skype: Boyzmomee

Red Ajah Head: Vacant
Most-Used Messenger:

White Ajah Head: Vacant
Most-Used Messenger:

Yellow Ajah Head: Nynaeve - on Military leave - contact Arie
Most-Used Messenger:

Mistress of Daes Dae'mar (MoDD): vacant
Staff Email: modd @ dragonmount.com
Most Used messenger:

Edited by Cross

• Elgee changed the title to WT/Warders 101 - all please read, especially New & Returning Members
  • 1 month later...

Welcome @Coralyn Maelvin!! I already got your registration and my email, so here is your official welcome to our community! Hopefully soon our forums will open up to you, and more information will be available then. ^^ I am so excited to have you join us!! Please! Post around! No need to be shy!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Delen said:

R&U

Delenn Sedai of the White Ajah Raised Sep 29th 2007 (yay for archives)

it's been a really long time... can't find my old email and password

souvra'dar  bonded to Elgee ❤️ 

Welcome back! Hopefully Elgee can help you access all the things you need. ? Always good to see returnees!

On 5/30/2021 at 8:01 AM, Elgee said:

Welcome to the White Tower and Warders Social Group!

image.png.e3ab76d825ce80436120c5b96897ba7e.png
Image by our own Cross

WHO ARE WE
a community beyond the books

The term "Aes Sedai" means "Servants of All" in the Old Tongue. The White Tower and Warders Social Group has used the philosophy of Servants of All to create a social setting based on the hierarchy, purpose and set-up of the White Tower and Warders in the WoT series. This inspires the way in which we interact and some of the activities which we organize, although we are a social community and not a role playing group.

We offer people of varying common interests - related to the books or otherwise - a chance to find their niche with like minded people in one of the Ajahs or the Warders guild. Whether you become a Warder or an Aes Sedai (here males can be Aes Sedai and females can be Warders), at the White Tower and Warders Social Group, you can live out that philosophy and have fun doing it!

General Rules
Behaviour for ALL members of and visitors to the White Tower and Warders

RESPECT
This is, without exception, the number one rule at the White Tower Social Group. We are all from different parts of the world and our differences should be celebrated. I will not accept any slander or flaming, ever.

Respect those of the Warder path as equal ranking members to those of the Aes Sedai path.

Respect all members of a higher rank and every level of staff, even if they are not in the same path as you. I will not accept abuse of staff. They are volunteers, who mostly have jobs and/or families too. They work here in their spare time.

Respect the rules for each section of the White Tower/Warders. As stated above, different people have different ideas about relaxing and having fun. What works for one Ajah might not for another Ajah or the Warders. Their boards are their homes, and everyone is expected to respect that and adhere to what they want. One of those places will one day become YOUR home.

Undecided, Novices, Algai, Accepted & Der'Manshima: please bear in mind that the Aspirant Quarters is YOUR home. That is the place where you can go crazy (within limits). You are encouraged and very welcome to participate and interact at the various Ajah and Warder boards, but always bear in mind that you are a visitor there and behave appropriately.

CHANNELING

Only members of the White Tower can channel. Aes Sedai may channel at their whim as long as they are not abusing another member. No "channeling" from the Undecided and Warder's Guild. Period.

If you're a Novice, you can channel as long as you have a full ranking babysitter. Without an Aes Sedai giving you permission, channeling is not allowed.

Accepted may channel in minimal amounts without supervision, but any big weaves will land you in SERIOUS trouble. 

Algai, Manshima & Der'Manshima, deal with it. This is the White Tower, you can't channel.**

God-moding induces eye-rolling. And no you do not possess Mat's Ter'Angreal or any other Angreal or Ter'Angreal.

**What you are at another Club or Group has no bearing at the White Tower & Warders. Here you are ONLY either Aes Sedai, or you are Warders, or in the process of becoming that. Aes Sedai can channel, Warders cannot channel.

ROLE PLAYING

This is a SOCIAL GROUP, we are NOT a Roleplay Club and you are NOT a character in a story. There is a Roleplay Club that is designed for RP, and it is not us. You are most welcome to belong to both the Social side (us) and the Roleplay side (them).

We are a community that is structured in a similar manner to the Books. While we can not Channel in real life or swing swords at each other through a computer screen, a little imagination is used to create a welcoming, positive atmosphere in what is considered “Lite roleplay”. “Lite” roleplay is indicative of the level of how we play. We use titles, and ranks, but we are not playing a Character. We are ourselves, only with a pseudonym and an avatar. (Think [[SCA]] but Wheel of Time.) 

While we may joke about cabana boys and making novices scrub dirty pots, we will never ACTUALLY make you scrub pots. We’re not that kind of club. Consent is key.

Lastly, but not least

We're the White Tower and Warders. Though this is not the role playing section, we ARE still loosely based on the WT/Warders in the books. Everyone and anyone is welcome to join us, but only if you think you will fit in with our philosophies. We are upfront about what we are about and how we expect everyone here to behave. If what you have read thus far is not to your liking, that is completely understandable and we respect that. Please have a look at the other Social Groups and see if there are any which are more to your liking.  Being an Aes Sedai or Warder is fun, but it's also a Privilege that is worked for and earned, not a Creator Given Right.

Do we expect you to be perfect? Hell no! We ALL slip up. We ALL cross the line at some stage. What matters is how you handle it when that happens. Made an oopsy? Got a slap on the wrist or a penance? Grin and bear it. You'll probably become a member of staff one day!

Have I scared you off? No? Excellent! We'll make a Warder or an Aes Sedai out of you yet! If you want us to ?

I have read and understand the rules ?

• 4 weeks later...