DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Introductions - come say Hi

Liitha

ok so lets all tell eachother a bit about who we are and what type of medium we are working with, drawing, painting, inking, photography, photomanipulation...you get the gist ? 

Edited by Liitha

Howdy! My art is typically performance, however, I also dabble in landscape painting. I've done two paintings with acrylic, and 4 with watercolor. I just started a new painting, but this time, I'm going to try my hand with oil pastels.

*waves* 

I.. *deep breath*

Am learning Oil Painting and Acrylics. I have played with Watercolor. I also draw, Ink, and doodle. I've become more known for my Acrylic Pour paintings, but I'm just a creative in general. 

Ok for me I have dabled in drawing sketches in the past, and also scanned and coloured it in on the computer at times. Mostly I just deal with photo manipulation based on others free pictures that I am finding in databases like pixabay though.

Also last year I got a set with pens that I wanted for Christmas, after being inspired by Lian and wanted to try learning a bit of shading with inking - I don't draw the pictures myself, just colour them in with inking techniques in colouring books.

Hello, I'm name is Nargbert and I'm a Trolloc.  I knew I was a trolloc from a young age. At 3 I ripped the arm of my friend and my parents just said "so cute!".  I just ... dont... *sobs*... know what to... do!

What? Wrong boards? Oh... uh.. well hi!

I do photography things. Have digital cameras and a 4x5 fim camera. My photoshop skillz are also half way ok. Mostly I have just been shooting kids sports because dang they wear me out! I have also been dabbling in drawing... wouldn't call that art currently, more an... abomination!

• 2 weeks later...

MM 

?

I've dabbled in all of the traditional art medium (just long enough to get past the growing pains stage).

I'm constantly tempted to jump into a new creative style/medium/materials. 

Ive been 95% WOT themed digital art since the famous "Table Read" video broke & have a few dozen digital paintings (of various skill level) to show my self-taught digital progress. 

I'm looking forward to meeting you all & sharing our knowledge/experiences. 

IMG_20200529_010025_589.jpg

Welcome, glad to see you found us

We got a fan art challenge going now in events...would love to have you join us, and feel free to set up your own personal work space in the schetchbook section ?

Looking forth to see more of your stuff, i still chuckle at the broken wheel in our banner at times...got to love some good humor ?

On 11/2/2020 at 9:21 PM, Alcalimo Ehtelion said:

Hi, I'm a calligrapher, meaning that i usually write with historical equipment (dip pens, quills, bamboo) in historical and fantasy scripts. My favourite is Tengwar, the elvish writing system, by Tolkien

Ooooh i always wanted to learn that, found a calligraphy set at a relatives when I was young and a book, was allowed to try and later got to take the set with me, but stuff and time happened so...

Any chance you would host a class or do a tutorial in future?

Not to put any preassure on but, me too! I love calligraphy and actually got to try a pen once.. They look so beautiful but they can't be that expensive? I mean if you first bought a cheper one too start up, or is this one of the instances where you should buy a good one right away?

43 minutes ago, Liitha said:

Ooooh i always wanted to learn that, found a calligraphy set at a relatives when I was young and a book, was allowed to try and later got to take the set with me, but stuff and time happened so...

Any chance you would host a class or do a tutorial in future?

Why not, @Liitha and @Lavandula? I've already taught some classes for calligraphy, too. Better in presence, but it can be done all the same

Edited by Alcalimo Ehtelion

Yeah just need to do step by steps paintstaicingly i found when I do gimp tutorials or classes

Though for me I remember starting out so seeing people's happiness and excitement in breaking the sig making code for me makes it so fun and remind me of when I did that myself...so as long as I got time i love making them..which i guess can be seen on the multiples i threw up since we got the club

But would be good to see tutorials in the other branches in club. And normally I find that seeing how they use tools in other genres gives me new ideas for sig making too..

Edited by Liitha

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...