DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Choice choices

Liitha

So know some of you, but new people around too...so lets get to know eachother...who is your char and which group do they or will they likely belong too (we do still have the fighting styles for warders not just ajah's?)

And are they bonded or not..what lead to those choices...

Hello hello. I have a tower guard trainee named Grey. I guess I aspire to him eventually becoming a warder. Not sure about bonding, maybe one day if @keyholder21 has an available Aes Sedai? I've been around off and on since at least 2006. My primary character is in the BotRH but I also have a CoL and the owner of a Menagerie. 

Hi, I got a couple AS laying around in a corner where I am happy to let them collect dust. Also a trainee laying around dusting down...I originally started with twins an AS (yellow/blue) and TG that would relativly be liithas aunt and mother...both dead by now though

but returning with my warder (Liitha) who is bonded to a brown, she is a product of storyline so a lot of her choices developed as things progressed, she was influenced both by her mothers past, mentors I believe and her Dad who was another plotline that got tied in. and I see the paths changed some in the years that been so might have too look into that...drats more reading...so yeah dont know whichever focus on dual weapon usage I guess.

Also part of the whole wt-bt bond plot and got an ashie bonded to a red AS...thats a plot ongoing that I dont know where is going yet...early days

I only have one WT char and that's Kiyissalle. She's still an Accepted but *crosses everything for inspiration* will hopefully be Raised soon. Doing her weaves/oaths currently. She's going to be Blue purely because that feels the most natural for me to write. If I could split it more, I'd go with 80% Blue and 10% each of Brown and Grey, but since I can't... Blue it is.

Bonding's a difficult one for me because I take it really seriously. I've spoken to a few people about this lately in one form or another. I'm quite an instinctual writer, which is a polite way of saying I make stuff up as I go along and don't try to force chars down particular paths just for the sake of a story, so a bonding would have to feel right; natural. Writing emotionally intimate relationships requires being comfortable with and trusting your writing partner in my opinion. 

I also don't differentiate between OOC and IC bonds so any choice like that has to work on both levels. Given I can be rather intense (typical scorpio), and my sense of humour doesn't always translate, I don't make those bonds easily. Let's call it being selective. My other half calls it picky but what does he know? :rolleyes: Anyway, I'd always intended to bond Kiyi, she has a very practical attitude to Warders, very similar to Moiraine/Lan in the first instance. The plan had been to bond her to Owen's char Yrean, but real life's a pain and it doesn't look like that will happen, we're barely keeping up with our Wolfkin chars. Kiyi's probably either going to collect dust or she'll have to resort to solo travelling. And writing on your own is a bit bleh so the former seems more likely.

Your chars have the most crazy interesting histories, Lii. Same as Owen's and Mat's. Comes with the territory when you've all been writing them for so long I suppose. :smile:

I have 4 Characters. 

Conor And Cairma started here. Cairma was once bonded to Jaydena but with her gone i'm assuming the bond was released and she is a free agent. She has the most life experience with a WS of 19. Conor has matured and I've been playing that he's declined all bonding opportunities. (He's a big man with sexy muscles and the crappiest luck (dark one's luck). He has crap game with women, especially since he has too much respect for them to play the usual boy smoulder approach.)

Both are open to bonding and various plots. 

I have two Tower people, possibly three. 

Carraidhin is a Red who is deeply adverse to bonding in any way. She is more of a hunter of power abuse than shadow specifically. She's pretty non-traditional and isn't very good at following protocol and hierarchy. She could use a friend or two. She gets along well with Browns.

Aubriana is my Novice and i felt she could go yellow or blue. possible black recruit, but honestly i'd have to re-look at her bio.

Maegan is my Red that I float around if she is needed. She is a cripple now, wheelchair, and probably retired somewhere in Cairhien makign ter'angreals and other steampunk-style creations. I haven't officially picked her up to write with.

Carraidhin sounds like a fascinating personality to play. I like that you didn't focus her totally on the shadow, much more interesting to target any kind of corruption.

What happened to Maegan, was that part of the Watchers arc or earlier?

She is a bit of a transfer from the Grey Tower RP site. (She was an amyrlin there, and the first... Red. She needed a different purpose then hunting males who were commonplace in that tower.)

Maegan I sorta had a hard time returning to after her (lover) and friend Annais (Previous Amyrlin) was unceremoniously killed for plot reasons.  ? So I kinda have her floating in and out in my head.

Edited by Arie

Eh I would say it's more luck runing into interesting people who let me be part of their chars lives giving me good plotlines to explore with Liitha. 

My traine Hall Vard was made as a joke after a conversation in chats and is named after a member with the handle of Hallvard..So he all started out as a joke lol and I did some social rp's with him. If I get more time to pick up more chars he is one of the ones I think I might find writing inspiration for though.. Geting used too my yard chars he would be the tird.

The AS floting around was an old green and a freshly raised white.. Was interesting then not so much now lol

I always did presume Lii would bond it fitted the char and her base story, it was more about finding the right fit. So she was leveled up quite a bit before that happened, as Tay I can't quite separate it too IC hard to write that way.. Though I did finally venture into trying that too, it's been interesting but also difficult writing the story of Aslan after tossing him into that, geting easier though. 

Wouldn't undo it as I am enjoying geting to know Jagen, but don't think I'll do it again though. Been a learning experience but it's easier with a better foundation, generally enough kinks to iron out as is when writing two storylines togheter.

I only have one WT character running around.

Aiden al'Ker.  He's the son of Matalina and Reikan Souvan (aka Sam al'Ker in another life).  He's a newly raised Blade Master who I should probably get back to his whole stick about being a suspected darkfriend cause of now said dead blade master's stupidity.  (But an OOC Note, he is a dark friend lol, but you didn't hear me say that.)

Aiden's brother Jeffery Kincaid was around the yards for a while as a kid.  I don't recall were JK landed.... now that's sad.  I think he went CotL and then it turned out he could channel too.... go figure.

Aiden has a twin sister who is in the White Tower, But I'm not playing Kate right now, it doesn't make sense since she'll out live Aiden.

But my main at present is Nox over in the BT.

Let's see...

I have three Aes Sedai. Jagen of course is my main; I've been on and off RPing her since 2001. My most developed, yet I haven't actually included her in many RPs outside the Tower. She also prefers to hunt for corruption of Power but also Darkfriends; she ties them closely together in her mind, though.

Celestine, my newly raised Yellow, is newish. I've had her for some years but due to lack of activity I haven't been able to do much with her until the past two years. While I feel comfortable RPing her, I don't know how actually attached to the character I feel.
I've always wanted a White Ajah character, so I made Astradore, too. I have only had her in one RP so far and really feel I need to play her more.
But also, more and more I really want a Brown. I also want a character to end up going Black Ajah, but none of my current ones would do so, I think. They're all pretty innocent. And if I made a Brown I feel she'd be pretty innocent too--I would love, however, a Verin-type situation where joining was unwilling. ( @Kathleen, can you work with me on this? ? )

I also have two Seanchan characters, but I only get to use them so much due to a lack of Seanchan players (but there is an RP in the works with the CoL!). A sul'dam (or der'sul'dam, forgot what she is) named Cura, and a so'jhin named Meissa. Both form the same House so it makes planning and executing RPs very easy.

Honestly, I spend more time collecting an organizing info than RPing, because I stress less about what I'm going to do or write, but I like both! Dragonmount was my first ever RP community so I wanna keep playing ?

Edited by Jagen Sedai

I just have one, Janine Alastarn.  She's a Green Cloud Dancer with a penchant for gardening, enjoying a good soak in a rain storm, and experimenting with her Talent to find new ways to strike against the Shadow using the weather.  She habitually carries a pipe and smokes it whenever she finds herself stuck somewhere for an extended period of time.  Janine does not tend to lean on formality; she is Aes Sedai when the situation calls for it and a normal woman with the slight handicap of not being able to lie when it doesn't.  

I haven't really given a lot of thought to bonding Janine yet, though I'm definitely open to the idea.  Tay's comment about her sense of humor not always translating fits me well, too, with bonus points for having an incredibly morbid sense of humor on top of that (yay, funeral home kid!), and I expect that to come out in Janine as she sees more RP time.  (Ask Lii about the sense of humor thing if you don't believe me.)

1 hour ago, Jagen Sedai said:

Let's see...

I have three Aes Sedai. Jagen of course is my main; I've been on and off RPing her since 2001. My most developed, yet I haven't actually included her in many RPs outside the Tower. She also prefers to hunt for corruption of Power but also Darkfriends; she ties them closely together in her mind, though.

Celestine, my newly raised Yellow, is newish. I've had her for some years but due to lack of activity I haven't been able to do much with her until the past two years. While I feel comfortable RPing her, I don't know how actually attached to the character I feel.
I've always wanted a White Ajah character, so I made Astradore, too. I have only had her in one RP so far and really feel I need to play her more.
But also, more and more I really want a Brown. I also want a character to end up going Black Ajah, but none of my current ones would do so, I think. They're all pretty innocent. And if I made a Brown I feel she'd be pretty innocent too--I would love, however, a Verin-type situation where joining was unwilling. ( @Kathleen, can you work with me on this? ? )

I also have two Seanchan characters, but I only get to use them so much due to a lack of Seanchan players (but there is an RP in the works with the CoL!). A sul'dam (or der'sul'dam, forgot what she is) named Cura, and a so'jhin named Meissa. Both form the same House so it makes planning and executing RPs very easy.

Honestly, I spend more time collecting an organizing info than RPing, because I stress less about what I'm going to do or write, but I like both! Dragonmount was my first ever RP community so I wanna keep playing ?

Arie hit the nail on the head. We do have a three character limit and because of anticipated increase in activity around these parts I am reluctant to alter that.

That said I’m sure we can work out someway  to move forward with setting you up with a new character. Be it temporary retirement, a blood oath/ offering up of your first born/or a gift to please me that you won’t write as one of your other characters for X amount of time. Something we can discuss in another location to work out the details.

At the end of the day the rules are in place to ensure everyone has a good time. If you make three characters and then decide you’re no longer motivated to use them, I’m not gonna hold you back from finding a character you would be motivated  to use.

If you were looking to find a way to sway your existing characters into the black ajah, I’m sure I could help you with that ? and I do have a brand spanking new PC black who would be absolutely head over heels to recruit, and I’m also the out of character head so I’m sure something could be arranged.   

I have a green sister who is based almost entirely off of me as a real person, with the distinct difference that there’s no way in hell I would ever enter into an actual battle. She is my first character and my most developed character she is also my name said Kathleen. She Has an NPC warder Who would be around for most retro very very early retro, and there is an in character Retro/almost main timeline/slightly undetermined period of bonding with Elessar (hides sheepishly our of embarrassment and disappointment in herself). 

I also have a yellow sister who was a very devoted and motivated sister with a history of travelling the world and ambitions to rise high in the tower. She has very recently in the meantime line turned to the black  and has luckily had some pretty good luck in finding companions.  Any retro she would be a yellow Any meantime line she could beAny main timeline she Would be black but she can still play yellow to save her life. 

Due to inactivity I have also taken over the duties of many of the out of character heads, which I am certainly willing to play if need be but as they are not my characters I prefer to avoid them when possible.

Outside of the tower I have a child of the light who is still in her training days her name is Katrina I think I forget it’s in my siggy  rotation And because I am on mobile I cannot see it so now I feel really bad that I can’t remember my own character but it has been a very long time since I’ve played her.

I also have an aiel Dreamwalker Who  I have also only taken through training.

Okay, I've decided I'm not gonna bother to make another. I think using Astradore will work out just fine. She is already active.

Now to find a way that'll make sense/be plausible...

I think, similar to Verin, she starts noticing and recording things that just seem.... weird. I have stuff in her bio about her meticulousness and how she used to record any patterns, say of behavior, etc so this would fit in well actually.

From her bio: "She only got in trouble once, after an unfortunate encounter which resulted in a personal log being read by an Aes Sedai; it contained information recording patterns of which Sisters took charge in what groups; she was long speculating on how Sisters ranked themselves—not to mention who the Ajah heads were–based on observations while training with them. While she never got enough information to solve these problems definitively, the Mistress of Novices made sure to teach her to keep her nose in her own business." ....

So I think she really is the perfect candidate already.

http://www.thistledubhewe.com/TheWhiteTowerRP/wtdb_character/astradore-amare/

Can I just interject at this point and remind everyone that there's not been a 3 character limit since last year?

The ONLY limit, is having 24 characters total across the entire PSW. If you want 24 Sisters, that's absolutely fine. It's been in the Rules and Guides for long enough. It was implemented following the Open Discussion with everyone. 

lol Arie, you were instrumental in the change, I thought you'd remember *twaps your nose*:wink:

Keep up people. It's in the first post of the Guide HERE and it's also in the Bio form template in the Bio Info thread beside Character Count. 

i'm special.. and have a memory like a siv about things that happen when life gets super distracting... (which i think is why i disappered for a bit... and it was right around NaNo?... ish? I can't recall. 

I'm old. Don't hold it too much against me. 

• Arie locked this topic