DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter week 2018] Mafia game thread

Sooh

15 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

Knowing what we now know about Tress has the rest of Suspects changed?

Why or why not?

I still feel good about you, and I actuslly feel even better about Kat.  Lolme if I'm wrong

I liked Iron's EOD a bit, so I'd move him up.   I kind of want to call Hallia town for reasons Which would Verb, Dice, and Lessa.

Gut days the last few minutes of Eod are different if it'd exactly dice/Verb, so maybe start with Lessa? 

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/31/2018 at 9:40 AM, Clovdyx said:

It can be taken that way, I don't really care.  But it's not... not a real vote?  If that makes sense.

I hate to be the hindsight guy but man....this is not good with Tress's flip and Chris staying on her but man I have a hard time thinking Scum!Chris is this....lack of a better word sloppy as a Wolf?!?!?!

Thoughts?!!?!?!?

On 7/31/2018 at 10:15 AM, Ironeyes said:

Possible, yeah. 

Reads? Not yet. Leans? You and Dice 

OK... I read it as you sussing her. Am I just misinterpreting?

Ok others please reread Iron then read his hidden siggy and tell me what to think please!!?!!?!?!?

On 7/31/2018 at 10:52 AM, Verbal32 said:

How in this world did you end up with me in your top 3 after my initial posts?  You have no idea what to do?  Who says that?  Keep posting, keep reading people's responses, and keep digging maybe?

D1 scum catch?  One can hope.  Added to what I just said, this early D1 from you is super weird from a townie POV.

Vote: Clov

On 7/31/2018 at 10:52 AM, Verbal32 said:

That's called "hedging your bet".

You voted Chris initially unvote for while dont vote anyone else iirc and right back on Chris.

Again you seem singularly focused on Chris but heres a questions for you.

Assuming youre right on Chris, who makes sense as his partner and why?!?!?! 

3 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

I hate to be the hindsight guy but man....this is not good with Tress's flip and Chris staying on her but man I have a hard time thinking Scum!Chris is this....lack of a better word sloppy as a Wolf?!?!?!

Thoughts?!!?!?!?

I'm not a wolf, and if there's something sloppy about staying on a clearly established POE candidate in lack of a STRONG scum candidate (and the only person I was feeling reasonably concerned withwasn't viable) then I don't know how anyone here plays mafia anymore.

Just now, Clovdyx said:

I'm not a wolf, and if there's something sloppy about staying on a clearly established POE candidate in lack of a STRONG scum candidate (and the only person I was feeling reasonably concerned withwasn't viable) then I don't know how anyone here plays mafia anymore.

Like I said not sure sloppy was the right word....like I was trying to say, I think personally if youre Scum!Chris you have a much better/more thought reason/explanation for voting her if that makes sense?

On 7/31/2018 at 12:01 PM, Lessa Nikia said:

I think I've played maybe 10 games, since 2013 I think is when the first game I played was.

I prefer town as that goes back to the first game I played and almost won (beginners luck). I find that it's easier to play as I tend to over think when I play mafia side.

I've played with Iron, in last years HP game I believe, and I think with dice (3 games), Verb (3 games), and Tress (2 games).

Atm I'm unsure how I feel about Hallia, Kat and Tress. Either they're not posting as much due to work, which I get, or they're lurking because they don't want to give themselves away. If I recall correctly, dice was a really good wolf so I'm not quite sure about him. I have null read on Iron and Zander, and I'm leaning toward townie for Verb.

@Ironeyes

@dicetosser1

@Verbal32

What do you guys know/remember of Less'a gameplay as both alignments?!!?

On 30/07/2018 at 8:01 PM, Lessa Nikia said:

I feel that Kat is more town and I'm leaning toward wolf for Clov. Kat is responding to the questions being directed at her whereas Clov kept going on about the explanation/motivation of saying someone is town/wolf. 

2 hours ago, Zanatron said:

Who was the possible Scum here when you posted this?!?!?!

The above quote. Sorry I thought I was clearer.

At the time of dl I didn't, and still dont, like the push for Tress. She made it quite clear that she was at work and unable to post more until she was home. I've used notepad to do summaries of games and copy/pasted them into game which is how I think she did her big post. Understandably it's frustrating that she didnt have a chance to post an analysis/break down of her thoughts but I think it's a horrible reason to lynch someone.

I didnt vote clov either as I only had a slight sus of him and I think it's almost as bad as no reason to vote someone. If I had voted him, it would have tied the vote which would have resulted in a random lynch. Sure it could have randed on one of the wolves but that's a big risk to take on chance.

Once I'm back on my computer, I'll be going over who pushed for Tresses lynch as it rubs me the wrong way.

Morning. Yesterday was a long day. Let's catch up here. 

18 hours ago, Cory Caboose said:

Final vote count:

Tress - 3 - Clov, Zander, Iron

Clov - 2 - Verbal, Dice

Not Voting: everybody else

Tress has been lynched! She was...

Reveal hidden contents

Moaning Myrtle, Vanilla Town

Sucks. Sorry Tress... although your character is a very flavorful first death. 

17 hours ago, Zanatron said:

Dices vote on you with no explantion.

Lessa sussing you yet not voting.

Kats cryptic comment on not liking the there being just 1 train and not voting at all iirc.

People not voting at all and not being around.

And the fact I'm not even confident there was any Scum on Tress train.   I mean sure you or Iron could be Scum but part of me is wondering if Scum just sat back laughing and watched that happen.

You know...sketchy crap.

The bold part strikes home for me. I'm thinking we might find scum among those who just let the lynch happen without saying anything. It's so easy as scum to let town bicker amongst themselves and pick up the pieces for the win

17 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

I have (probably dumb) reasons to feel Dice's vote is more likely from town than mafia, but it's nothing I would absolutely bet the game on.  

Kat's comment was fine.  I wasn't crazy about there being one wagon either, especially considering it was tied 1-1 with half an hour left.  The not voting is... less fine.

Rest I'm pretty much right there with you with.  I'm pretty sure you're town, and I liked Iron's last few hours.  If I had to guess, I'd say it's a clean wagon.  Garbage reasoning says Mafia!Iron is fine not voting Tress there; if it stays ties, it rands and maybe I get lynched.  If it doesn't stay tied, either town!Tress or me get lynched and the end result is basically the same.

Mafia!Iron probably says he's at a depo hours before the deadline, votes a towny based on any flimsy day-1 case, and peaces out until the next day. It accomplishes the same thing you hypothesized. Town!Iron tried his very best to be there for the deadline in order to make as informed a vote as possible. I still missed it by half an hour but I feel much better about yesterday than if I had just not voted or participated in the discussion. 

12 hours ago, Hallia said:

The Tress train made no sense whatsoever :/

I don't know if I have stated this here, but with my promotion I literally can't even get online except for like uh, break times, and even then only if I want to walk out to where I can take my phone out :rip:

That being said, I'm here.  Marsh is currently up on the top of my scumdar.

12 hours ago, Hallia said:

I feel like he was just happy to sheep away on the Tress wagon.  I don't see any original thoughts there at all.

No original thoughts? I'm 90% sure I was the first person to call Verb town, for one thing. And my vote on Tress was because I was out of time and she was a better lynch prospect than Chris. It wasn't sheeping at all. Hindsight is 20/20 so *you* see that the Tress train doesn't look logical, but at the time? She had showed up long enough to drop a massive summary that clearly took as much time to make as actually casing someone would have, but she was claiming to be too busy to case anyone. It wasn't a good look, and without any better leads, she was a reasonable vote. 

3 hours ago, Verbal32 said:

Come morning I'm going to be wanting to know exactly what about my case on Clov was not enough.  He literally gave the major reason he's suspicious of me, and I debunked how that couldn't be the case as he had already said he wanted to lynch me......which is a complete contradiction or a lie.

As far as D1s go, that was as solid as you're likely gonna get, and almost everybody completely ignored it.  I mean, that's cool if you think I'm wrong.....but weigh in and tell me why.

That Tress train was silly - she was clearly frustrated townie, and Clov himself even noted how she was prob town (and voted her anyway).

C'mon folks.

Remind me in the morning and I'll reread your case, then reread day 1 with it in mind. 

Obv an admission of Iron being Scum imo....

Or ovb an admission of Iron knowing you way too well lol

This is weird atp if Iron is Town he'd have to assume Clov who hates bussing is bussing Tress?!?!?!

I dunno.....

At the time I wasn't looking at associations, just at individual players. I'm not particularly good at noticing people acting as a team, so I don't usually worry about who might be bussing or whatever until we have an actual scum flip. 

48 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

Ok others please reread Iron then read his hidden siggy and tell me what to think please!!?!!?!?!?

You might be the only person who noticed I had that Cory quote in my sig besides Cory himself lol. But yeah, go ahead and make use of it, that's why I put it there. 

37 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

@Ironeyes

@dicetosser1

@Verbal32

Very little, unfortunately. I may be able to reread the last HP game at some point to get a better idea of how she plays, but it won't be today. 

4 hours ago, Zanatron said:

Is the 2nd quote supposed to be an example of dismissivness?  

Yes.

3 hours ago, Katiora said:

I haven't really heard a case on Clov except that Verb doesn't like something that I don't really get. 

Huh?  I clearly laid out how Clov said he POE'd me, sussing me for a particular thing, and then I proved that wasn't the case, as he had already put me in the POE before I did the thing that had him suss me (according to Clov himself).  I don't see how anybody doesn't get that, unless they:

a.  aren't reading the game, or

b. are scum

Which one is it?

1 hour ago, Zanatron said:

Thoughts?!!?!?!?

We all play sloppy games sometimes, it happens.

58 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

You voted Chris initially unvote for while dont vote anyone else iirc and right back on Chris.

Again you seem singularly focused on Chris but heres a questions for you.

Assuming youre right on Chris, who makes sense as his partner and why?!?!?! 

Prob Kat for some of her recent posts regarding my case on Clov, and how he keeps treating his read on her.  For example, Marsh wants me to remind him so he can dig in and read my case - Kat just dismisses it as something she didn't understand (calling BS on that, btw).

57 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

Yikes, that kind of line doesn't really help you much.

57 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

@Ironeyes

@dicetosser1

@Verbal32

Go with the flow, don't take chances, and as scum she'll pretty much hide from the thread a bit.  As town she'll post thoughts and hold herself accountable if she's wrong.

That's my shoddy memory talking, though.

6 hours ago, Zanatron said:

Hallia what are your reads atp?

Do you think there has to be Scum on the train?

Who is the most likely Scum not on Tress's train and why iyo?

I think there is likely a scum on the train, hence what I said that you quoted about Marsh

I also said my town reads atm which are You, Dice, Verb, and Clov

Marsh is the only real scum read atm, but I feel like anyone really could possibly be the other one

Verb.. I am in fact reading the game and believe it or not, NOT SCUM. However, I don't agree with you. Take that as you want. I think right now you're wanting him to be scum or at least portrayed as scum. Not sure what that says about you. But nothing I've seen so far really makes me think he's scum.  Now you can believe that if you want but I need more than the superficial case you've put on him right now. Him sussing you isn't a reason for me. I need more. If I get more information I'm definitely willing to consider it. The thing is Verb, so far you're the only one that really thinks that. So by your case NO one is reading the thread or we're all scum. Or maybe we just don't think that's as big a deal as you... *shrugs*  Except for Dice... did he ever put why he voted for him last minute?? 

BTW if you think I would come in and openly support my scum mate and not come at him calling me out early D1 for something like that, yeah that's not how I work. Also, I would probably agree with anyone suspecting him for distancing. Or at least say something like "Oh yeah I can see where you're coming from" "Maybe" not an out right. I really don't see what you're saying and don't agree with you at this particular moment. Though I'm not scum and therefore not scum mates with Clov regardless of his alignment so... Who could say what I would have really done. Honestly I do think Chris would have played a much cleaner game as scum and would be more prone to mistakes as a town. As scum he's always been meticulous... it's one of the reasons I hate him as scum so much. So really until I get something better I'm probably not going for him. Unless he's still alive after n3. then he dies. lol 

Sorry !*it got crazy at work...heading home now. 

Not sure when night ends  and havent got to finish reread.

Ive i get deaded im still not swayed too much from the last list i posted

Hallia

Chris

Verb/Dice/Kat/Lessa/Iron

If Im wrong on Chris that should prolly clear Verb and to a lesser extent Nessa and maybe Dice.

I know thats not overly helpful but its where I'm currently at.

If I'm alive with the flip in hand ill finish reread and see if i need to reevaluate.

Day 1 lynch flavor:

It was late evening in the Second floor girls' bathroom. Moaning Myrtle was hanging out on top of the second cubicle, humming to herself a happy little song she invented about that cute new boy Harry. 

Suddenly she heard a sound, and quickly she dove inside the cubicle. She was hoping it would be a couple of girls so she could listen in on their gossip. The sound of footsteps came closer, and she placed her ear as closely as she could to the wall, but not too close. She didn't want to risk spilling through. 

Outside a few clicking sounds rang out, some whizzing, scratchy noises and then she heard a really loud sound.

And with that Moaning Myrtle went up in a puff of smoke. I guess that's how you kill a ghost.

Tress has been lynched. She was

Moaning Myrtle, Vanilla Town.

e68d9216-317a-4422-8cbb-fcfa297dbd05.jpg 

Night 1 flavor: 

In the late night hours a dark cloaked figure is climbing the steps up the West Tower of Hogwarts. The chill night air sends ripples through the cloak, and the figure pauses for a moment with a shiver. Soon after they continue to ascend the tower until they react the Owlery.

The room is fairly empty, it being night and all. Most of the owls are out to get their nightly meal, or off on duty delivering mail. A couple of loveowls are cooing up on their perch, and a certain owl, a snowy owl belonging to one Harry Potter, has just come in from delivering a letter. She sits and picks at her feathers that got a bit disheveled from the journey. 

The cloaked figure draws a wand and points it at Hedwig. A spell is whispered, and Hedwig falls to the floor.

Verbal has been killed. He was

Hedwig, Town Mason.

latest?cb=20161123234010 

2 hours ago, Katiora said:

Verb.. I am in fact reading the game and believe it or not, NOT SCUM. However, I don't agree with you. Take that as you want. I think right now you're wanting him to be scum or at least portrayed as scum. Not sure what that says about you. But nothing I've seen so far really makes me think he's scum.  Now you can believe that if you want but I need more than the superficial case you've put on him right now. Him sussing you isn't a reason for me. I need more. If I get more information I'm definitely willing to consider it. The thing is Verb, so far you're the only one that really thinks that. So by your case NO one is reading the thread or we're all scum. Or maybe we just don't think that's as big a deal as you... *shrugs*  Except for Dice... did he ever put why he voted for him last minute?? 

BTW if you think I would come in and openly support my scum mate and not come at him calling me out early D1 for something like that, yeah that's not how I work. Also, I would probably agree with anyone suspecting him for distancing. Or at least say something like "Oh yeah I can see where you're coming from" "Maybe" not an out right. I really don't see what you're saying and don't agree with you at this particular moment. Though I'm not scum and therefore not scum mates with Clov regardless of his alignment so... Who could say what I would have really done. Honestly I do think Chris would have played a much cleaner game as scum and would be more prone to mistakes as a town. As scum he's always been meticulous... it's one of the reasons I hate him as scum so much. So really until I get something better I'm probably not going for him. Unless he's still alive after n3. then he dies. lol 

First bold:  Ok, but you first said that you didn't know what I meant.  "I don't really get" were your exact words, so I then elaborated a bit.

Second bold:  And I still don't think you really read it.  I am not casing him because he sussed me.

Its weird Dice doesn't vote Clov till right before DL.

Normally Town!Dice attacks things that bother him quite quickly.....

This is weird atp if Iron is Town he'd have to assume Clov who hates bussing is bussing Tress?!?!?!

I dunno.....

4 hours ago, Zanatron said:

@Ironeyes

@dicetosser1

@Verbal32

will resapond to these once im at work