DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I may be the only one excited by this...

Maria

The American version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will have 784 pages.

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/#article:9634

Now, the British version will probably be a little shorter because the American version uses a slightly different font etc.

But still! More than 700 pages of Potter-y goodness!

More than anything this news makes it all very real to me, though. I mean, A NEW BOOK! SO EXCITING!! *flails*

Guest Barmacral

I actually have to disagree with all this. I think both Dumbledore's were very good... although I concede that the first one was a little better. And I think that Emma Watson was an amazing choice, she looked exactly how I had always pictured Hermione before the movies started coming out.

Emma isnt how I imagined Hermy! Her hair is not bushy enough and Hermy in the books has larger teeth :P

I agree with Tessandra! Dumbledore the second one just doesnt seem right! It might just be me but im sure sometimes he talks with an irish accent very fainlty, and other times its not there! Hes just not like Dumbledore, whereas the other...was :D

Rant over!

I loved the first Dumbledore! And I think that the guy who played Gandalf would have been a better Dumbledore than the one they have now. The one they have now just doesn't do it for me, either.

He just has the humor, the twinkling mischief, more than the current Dumbledore. There's just a spark missing . . . I'm sure he's an excellent actor but he just doesn't "work" as Dumbledore for me. *sigh*

As for Emma as Hermione - her hair was a lot bushier in the first movie. As she gains in stardom, though, I can understand her not wanting to have wildly bushy hair. :wink:

If they need an adult Hermione, I'm a shoe-in. I've got the hair for it! :lol:

I think Richard Harris did the old and wise Dumbledore really well, while Michael Gambon does the silly and mischievous thing very well. The perfect thing would have been a mix between the two, imo.

And I think Emma *plays* Hermione really well, but she doesn't look a lot like her anymore. It's like everyone said; she doesn't have the hair down. Or the insanely!brainy thing.

I was hoping it would be MUCH longer, but, as long as she DOES get everything into it, fine with me! Emma isn't exactly how I pictured Hermy, kinda close though, but when I first saw the Harry Potter movies everytime I watch one, it hits me between the eyes cause Daniel Radcliffe isn't how I imagined Harry to look at all! But now, if they took another actor to replace the ones they have now, I don't know if I would watch any of the movies anymore. I like the newer Dumbledore, cause i really can't imagine the old one getting angry like in the 4th movie.

But that's the point, isn't it? The Dumbledore in the book never got angry like that. Which is part of why I don't like Michael Gambon's Dumbledore.

Since this is evolving into a great big HP Movies thread, let's talk a little bit about OotP.

Personally I'm *very* excited about Evanna Lynch as Luna. She looks *and* sounds absolutely perfect.

The length of the book doesn't really matter to me as much as the quality of the writing. 784 pages is a healthy amount, so the book should let our Harry Potter world last just that much longer. It's just that the later books don't strike me as being as good (style-wise) as the first 3 or maybe 4. The WoT series suffered the same fate but at least Rowling hasn't degenerated as much as Jordan.

degenerated?

I have found as I re-read the WoT each time a new appreciation for the later books in bringing all the early lines back to a central point, the first 4 books I thought were all setting up for the last ones.

I thought the prequel was fine for setting up the trip to Emonds Field for Moraine but I would have liked it to be a little longer and build up on Moraine and Lan after they bonded and before Emonds Field to settle their relationship more into our minds.

Ah, but RJ intended to write two more prequels! And let's face it... CoT sucked. It really did.

Anyway, yay for a long book! ^^ And Emma is just too pretty and gah! Her acting in film One was awful, but she has got better! She's just not how I imagine Hermionie!

Archived