DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I may be the only one excited by this...

Maria

This isn't really a WoT discussion, though. =)

Anyway.. I agree with Nia on Hermione (shocker :P).

But I want to talk about Evanna. Oh wonderful Evanna. And as if her looks and voice wasn't enough she is also a hardcore HP fan like us, which makes her all that more awesome.

my bad Maria, you should come visit me in the sweat tents in the waste since the Warders and Aes Sedai seem to be not around to rescue us, but I hear they make the women strip also..

My Wife is huge Harry Potter Fan and she is re-reading books to get ready for the new one

Your wife does exactly what I do :) When the Lord of the Rings movies were coming out, I read each novel in the month or so leading up to the release of the movies, and I do the same with HP. That way I can compare and contrast the movie with the book.

I tend to prefer movies that are really faithful to the novel (especially when the authors have already done such a good job that one doesn't need to tamper with it). Although, sometimes, the movie turns out better than the book.

i actually thought all the Harry Potter movies stuck very close to the original story line, and all the actors remarkably resembled the images i had in my mind of the characters ... except for Prof Snape (?) ... he was even sexier ! (mind you, that actor (Alan Rickman ?) could recite a phone book to me and i'd swoon - he must have the sexiest voice and accent i've ever heard - love him !)

As far as i'm concerned, the longer the book the better :)

When will the new one be published ? i'd like to reserve it at the library

I'm with you there Elgee...Professor snape is kind of nice :wink: . Not so much in the books....but Alan Rickman plays it well.

I like the book as long as possible....I hate coming to the end of a book I've enjoyed...it feels like saying goodbye to an old friend

Guest Barmacral

Snape was another one that they did really well. The weasly's were the one family that I really couldn't wrap my head around, they were all incredibly different looking from what I had imagined.

Them and Cho, she was completely different from what I expected as well.

aaah ... but our head librarian likes ME, Maria :wink:

besides, i doubt the news would have reached south africa yet (it's a long way for a runner with a cleft stick to swim !), so if i'm at the library first thing tomorrow morning, i might just get my name 1st on the list ! :D

i liked snape long before the movies came out, Tessa ... my kinda guy :twisted: ... Alan Rickman was just the cherry on top 8)

*goes off to have a cold shower* :oops:

The Harry Potter movies do follow the books' plot lines quite closely (which is why I like them so much). I just meant that I really dislike it when a book I love is butchered into a horrible movie (case in point: Anne Rice's Queen of the Damned).

I agree with you on Alan Rickman. I think he's a solid actor: he may play villainous roles but you can't help liking his characters, just by the way he portrays them. I think he was an interesting (but appropriate) choice as Colonel Brandon in Sense & Sensibility.

I have to agree with you there Ihsara. I love the Austen books and at first I couldn't see Alan Rickman as the Colonel but on seeing his portrayal, he fit right in and now I can't imagine anyone else in the role. :D

Archived