DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Tainted Times - 2017 September - December

Songstress

Welcome back to the new Dragonmount, Tower denizens! 2017 has ended, so let's take a look back at what you may have missed in the Black Tower during the past few months.

NEW ARRIVALS

Mere moments before Dragonmount was taken down for upgrades in November, Illian Tear bravely volunteered to join the ranks of Saidin channelers.  The welcome brownies may have grown stale during the weeks of Dragonmount being down, so make sure to stop in and say hello with a fresh plate of tainted deliciousness.

PROMOTIONS

Alas, we have nothing to report.  Don't forget to check the offsite information page and your current points to see how close you are to achieving a promotion!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

In case you missed it... mafia games will no longer be hosted in the Black Tower board for now - however, games hosted in the main mafia board with a Black Tower mod will be eligible for BT points.

EVENTS AND GAMES

Since our last Tainted Times update, Niniel's WoT Kids mafia game completed with a win for the crafty mafia team.

AJ proceeded to taint our minds with his Tainted Minds game, ending with a town victory.

OTHER

The 300,000 Post Thread Update:
          As of September 1, 2017:        236,720 replies
          As of January 1, 2018:              237,182 replies

Yeah.  The spam has been almost nonexistent. In the last four months (even with DM being down for about two months of it), we only managed 462 posts.

The Battle for Spam Supremacy:
          Black Tower:                          710,120 posts (up 10,880 from September)
          General Discussion:              977,756 posts (up 6,621 from September)

Apparently our overall spamminess within the Tower as a whole was far greater than the General Discussion forum, however. Great job, folks!

~~~~~~~~~~

And that's all for the first of January.  What do you want to see in the Black Tower in 2018?

~ Tress, Storm Leader of the Light

40 minutes ago, Illian Tear said:

Can't see myself on the list and for some reason i can't see the deserter's tree either. Im on mobile if that matters.

I'm expecting it hasn't been updated since you joined :wink:

The staff and members are still trickling back since the site reopened for beta testing, so it may be a bit before things are working as intended.

Yeah, offsite page is still handled by TMD, who isn't always here. The on-site Points Page (of which I haven't yet checked wheter it isn't broken by the site update) is right now a few months behind but I'll update it sometime in the near future.