DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

Up to page 22, trying to read and listen to calculus at the same time. Up to this point I found most of the susses on myself townish in nature, but Niniel's pinged me. Not only does it feel like bandwaggoning, it also feels contrived. Her main evidence was the timing of my posts yesterday, which is completely irrelevant since I was checking in at random times and not even reading the thread. 

Feeling townish on Ben based on his comments about SK "breaking" the game, but I have trouble trusting myself WRT him. So far I haven't had a chance to play in a game with him where he was both town and unconfirmed (being IC doesn't count lol), and he fooled me completely one game. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won´t go back and check any old games. But you say that Sooh as mafia treated you a certain way in another game when you were town and now she treats Clov the same? What kind of attitude are you talking about? 

And what does ~ mean? 

You're asking me to describe feelings and I'm British so will barely admit I have them :sad:

I think I mean buddyish(?) but it is more a feeling than a thought process I can explain. In that game I posted some gifs or something and Sooh was enthusiastic about liking them. It tied into some WIM filled posts which I decided were more important at the time, so ignored the posts about the gifs. And even knowing alignments now, I suspect those posts weren't really AI, so I don't want to read to much into it. This game she's very enthusiastic about Chris (which although obviously entirely understandable because Chris :wub:) but I don't have a strong town read on him, and although I know other people trust him more easily, I'm used to people that have played with him a lot (or at all) to be suspicious for longer, especially if they had a guilty check on him (no matter how unreliable it may be)

~ I use semi mathematically, I'd be 'approximately'/somewhat surprised but I don't feel it's strong enough to just say surprised. In this case I think it would be unusual interaction between teammates, but the traitor throws everything off

For future reference I use (?) (lolwords) and similar if I'm trying to describe a feeling that I don't currently understand, but see above about British and feelings :p

Niniel - To piggyback off this a bit, from an outside POV (I was the moderator that game), I thought Sooh was maybe a bit overly friendly/fun in that game.  That's not to say Sooh isn't fun or friendly, because she is, but the way she came across felt very fake.  I'll concede that was probably at least somewhat influenced by the fact I knew her alignment :tongue:

As it relates to this game, I can at least understand where BFG is coming from.  I don't know if it's because her "support" (for lack of a better word for me) for me this game seems to stem from agreement/similar stances, rather than just liking me, but Sooh's posts didn't come across as scummy to me but I think it's an incredibly good look for BFG to point out.

Vote Count

SK (2) - Dice, Clov

Marsh (1) - Sooh

Ben (3) - Cory, Nolder, LZM

Cory (2) - Ley, Ben

DJ (1) - SK

Gonna call SK train great, trains on me and Cory are stale, train on Ben feels like a well-intentioned mislynch, vote on DJ scummy via confirmation bias cause I think SK is scum. I'm caught up finally, so [v]SK[/v]

Vote Count

SK (2) - Dice, Clov

Marsh (1) - Sooh

Cory (2) - Ley, Ben

DJ (1) - SK

Gonna call SK train great, trains on me and Cory are stale, train on Ben feels like a well-intentioned mislynch, vote on DJ scummy via confirmation bias cause I think SK is scum. I'm caught up finally, so [v]SK[/v]

You know what, scratch the part about well-intentioned. It's just a mislynch. I'm rushing here and posting shoddy reads. 

Before I start going a bit more in depth, my more "baselines" reads from what I remember so far:

BFG

Nolder

LedZep

Niniel

DarJen

Leyrann

Clov

Sooh

Dice

SK

Iron

Ben

not super useful, but a starting point

If you flip LedZep and Sooh, and replace my name with yours, this would be scary close to my list.  

I still don't know what to think about Leyrann. I think the thing I've noticed the most is he seems to show up randomly and comment on things I just find really odd.  His post this morning in response to Ben's statement about being town to Nolder would be an example of this.  Everything Ley said in the post is 'correct', and he might have been replying to Ben since Ben's post was the newest, but Leyrann replied to it an hour later and it just seemed really strange to me he would response exclusively to that.

Vote Count

SK (2) - Dice, Clov

Marsh (1) - Sooh

Cory (2) - Ley, Ben

DJ (1) - SK

Even disregarding my concerns about SK, I would be opposed to a vote on DJ.  She hasn't contributed much in terms of substance, but she's been around enough and participating in discussions.  I thought she's felt pretty genuine pretty much throughout the entire day.  

It'd be nice to have some reads to look at, but she's new and at least seems to be making the effort. 

Before I start going a bit more in depth, my more "baselines" reads from what I remember so far:

BFG

Nolder

LedZep

Niniel

DarJen

Leyrann

Clov

Sooh

Dice

SK

Iron

Ben

not super useful, but a starting point

If you flip LedZep and Sooh, and replace my name with yours, this would be scary close to my list.  

I still don't know what to think about Leyrann. I think the thing I've noticed the most is he seems to show up randomly and comment on things I just find really odd.  His post this morning in response to Ben's statement about being town to Nolder would be an example of this.  Everything Ley said in the post is 'correct', and he might have been replying to Ben since Ben's post was the newest, but Leyrann replied to it an hour later and it just seemed really strange to me he would response exclusively to that.

What post are you referring to? With all the different time zones that can be hard to understand...

Leyrann - 

Because I'm town.

Well, yeah, if he has your role PM, that's obvious. But hey, guess what, he doesn't. So he doesn't know wheter you're town or scum. His result says innocent, but he knows that he might be insane, or just making it up. So he looks at how you're playing, and he doesn't like that.

This one.

Vote Count

SK (2) - Dice, Clov

Marsh (1) - Sooh

Cory (2) - Ley, Ben

DJ (1) - SK

Even disregarding my concerns about SK, I would be opposed to a vote on DJ.  She hasn't contributed much in terms of substance, but she's been around enough and participating in discussions.  I thought she's felt pretty genuine pretty much throughout the entire day.  

It'd be nice to have some reads to look at, but she's new and at least seems to be making the effort. 

Good point. You've effectively articulated what I tried to express as a tone read. 

The question is "can we do better?"

A question I aim to answer

We have seven or so hours left and people are active, so a shift is possible for sure. I'm not particularly inclined to move my vote though. SK's posts here read a lot like those in Suicide Squad, which is my main motivation for wanting to lynch him. Resolving all the confusion is a bonus. 

I'm not thrilled about being on a train that's comprised entirely of my null reads, but I still would rather go with SK over a 50/50 on Ben.  

I think I would be lying if I said this isn't at least partly driven by not liking how SK has approached today.

We have seven or so hours left and people are active, so a shift is possible for sure. I'm not particularly inclined to move my vote though. SK's posts here read a lot like those in Suicide Squad, which is my main motivation for wanting to lynch him. Resolving all the confusion is a bonus. 

How does he compare to WoT Kids?

How does he compare to WoT Kids?
He's more provocative and condescending. That game he was laid back and gave solid analysis, albeit sporadically.

Does anyone have a decent amount of familiarity with LZM?

He was mafia in an ongoing game on JN. I've played with him more than I have several others here. Not entirely sure what that is worth read wise though.

My notepad is very confident he is a villager. I am less so on a personal level, but I generally adhere to the notepad, for it is far wiser than me

I'm putting a note to peruse some some wolf games for reference before committing to that read

Put a note to NOT read the JN game. It devolved into personal nonsense.