DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

If someone is thinking I'm scum cuz I pushed to lynch Daruya, might I suggest looking at those who were on both the mislynch trains....

Turin, Lessa and Charis were all three on both the Darthe mislynch and the Ed mislynch. Neither of my votes D1 or D2 counted.

So if you think I'm negligible for gunning on Daruya, think again. Those three are far more responsible for scums huge lead right now than I am.

I'll guarantee one of them is scum.

bold: bad argument. Intent is the thing. Your using the argument that "officer I'm innocent because although I tried to rob the safe, I couldn't figure out the combination."

I certainly led the Ed lynch because I believed Dar was town and I didn't want to lynch a townie. Especially one with an item. I stated my purpose and reasoning at the time. There was enough support to make it happen. I have no regrets on that. Similar situation on D1. It was either Dar or Darthe IMO. I thought Dar town. Darthe I was uncertain of and I wasn't gonna let a character claim level me in this game. I made that pretty clear early.

As far as your responsibility I would contend that the opening of the slytherin door also led to the mafia advantage. D1 is the worst day to have to shoot. (It is my contention that the chests were linked to the houses not just to the order they were opened. I could well be wrong about that but I doubt it)

It is also the methods you have used to push your cases. The misrep and the shifting goal posts. Using my actions from a town game I played to accuse me of being mafia now. It's all false.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make a good point, LZM.

Trying to be more active, Verbal.

I suppose if anyone wants to use lack of participation as an indication of mafia, then I suppose I could throw Devil out there, thanks to Verbal's list. But I really don't think that participation or lack thereof is a good enough reason really to consider someone mafia.

In a vacuum, this logic is solid......but play enough games, and you'll be surprised at how often the bold actually proves to be false. People inherently prefer being a townie - it is "less stress". When people are scum, they are more cautious and afraid to post and give themselves (or their teammates) away. This naturally makes them post less and lurk.

So you decide to vote the post leader? Okaaaay :rolleyes:

I've been having trouble getting invested in the game, alongside irl responsibilities, which is why I haven't been posting that much.

LZM still doesn't strike me as particularly scummy despite Daruya's flip, but I'm not 100% convinced of their innocence either.

I can see the potential in the theory that Turin could have been buddying up with Daruya - if they're mafia that's a pretty logical play and would give us an actual reason for why Turin had been defending Daruya the whole game.

So, I'd be good with a Turin lynch today.

...If you don't all decide to lynch me for inactivity, that is. Which would be a bit of a shame, especially since I like this character and don't want her to die, but I can admit that I haven't been the most helpful townie this game so I can understand the reasoning behind it.

yesterday you said that if Dar flipped town you would most likely be voting LZM today and you thought the case on me only worked if I was mafia with Dar. What changed?

You are changing your criterion to keep from voting one player and to keep trying to lynch a townie.

If someone is thinking I'm scum cuz I pushed to lynch Daruya, might I suggest looking at those who were on both the mislynch trains....

Turin, Lessa and Charis were all three on both the Darthe mislynch and the Ed mislynch. Neither of my votes D1 or D2 counted.

So if you think I'm negligible for gunning on Daruya, think again. Those three are far more responsible for scums huge lead right now than I am.

I'll guarantee one of them is scum.

so you Would be okay voting Charis now?

Why me over say LZM?

he's put himself out there more with his you/Dar = scum claims.....just not a good idea for scum to play THAT far out in front.....initial gut read

Why isn't DJ in the lurker group?

more active than the others (I think?)

Verb, do you have any actual game related thoughts. Like actual things that people have done?

Those are game related.
No that is just using post count. Try doing some werk. Half her posts are checking in don't know what's going on. Which is not an indictment of her as she is new, but is a question of your commitment to solve.

It's D3, time for more than gut reads. He's spent two days trying to lynch two townies and has misrepped Dar on his first big reason, then when called on it, pivoted to the flipside argument.

(In case you missed it. LZM said Dar noticed Dice character claiming in his first post. She didn't. She noted him claiming town. When this was pointed out to him he switched it up to say that Dice hadn't actually claimed town but had only claimed not a death eater. Which by expected flavor he could be both not a death water and mafia)

I also doubt how Town! Verb could be thinking I'm anything but town.

Family time now. Back later.

??

TMI?

??

maybe ask LZM? It was his reason to continue to push Dar.

Lemme ask you this, you said we should have backed off Darthe for his Harry Potter claim. Dar claimed an investigation role but you have no problem with the people that left votes there thru deadline? Including LZM? Explain that to me please.

Work is a nightmare today. I haven't even had a break to eat lunch. I will get online when I get home and read all this stuff from today. Sorry guys!

Turin 103

LZM 79

Rhea 67

Verbal 49

Dar'Jen 22

Lessa Nikia 21

charis 18

Elgee 13

Devil 10

@Turin

I'm not putting any more effort in than I have if we've got folks who are averaging 2-3 posts per entire 24 hour day. Nothing against their activity, it's cool, but that's that.

don't play down to the LCD. Try to engage them and draw them into to conversation. Only mafia can lurk to win. Lead man. It takes a village. Set the example.

Can everyone please post their thoughts on all the other players? Who you are willing to vote at this point. Who you don't want to vote. And please say why. I promise it will help create useful conversation which improves our chances to find the mafia.

I'm currently in the middle of a reread of the thread and writing out all my thoughts, more for my own process and so I can find posts when I need to tag them. I do have a family dinner this evening though for my birthday but I'll be back in around 5-6 hours with my thoughts on everyone

I'm home and exhausted and now I have to pack for our trip, we leave town tomorrow. I should be able to hop back on in a little bit. But please be aware that I start vacation tomorrow and will be without any internet until about 2-3 hours before the next deadline. I will do my best to keep up.

Turin

LZM

Rhea

Charis

Devil

Elgee

Pretty sure there is at least 1 scum in both groups.

Trying not to lurk. Just wish I had more time to devote to rereading and formulating independent suspicions. Alas, still learning how the game opperates, and getting the feeling that this particular game is not a typical mafia game.

So, if Daruya is town and Turin has consistently been defending her, then does that make him town too, or could he be mafia trying to establish a tie to a townie early on to try to elevate suspicions? Or I'm guessing that is the whole point. We have to decide if it means anything in particular at all, and if so, how we interpret it.

Yes, it is called white knighting.

Why me over say LZM?

he's put himself out there more with his you/Dar = scum claims.....just not a good idea for scum to play THAT far out in front.....initial gut read

Why isn't DJ in the lurker group?

more active than the others (I think?)

Verb, do you have any actual game related thoughts. Like actual things that people have done?

Those are game related.

No that is just using post count. Try doing some werk. Half her posts are checking in don't know what's going on. Which is not an indictment of her as she is new, but is a question of your commitment to solve.

It's D3, time for more than gut reads. He's spent two days trying to lynch two townies and has misrepped Dar on his first big reason, then when called on it, pivoted to the flipside argument.
(In case you missed it. LZM said Dar noticed Dice character claiming in his first post. She didn't. She noted him claiming town. When this was pointed out to him he switched it up to say that Dice hadn't actually claimed town but had only claimed not a death eater. Which by expected flavor he could be both not a death water and mafia)

I also doubt how Town! Verb could be thinking I'm anything but town.

Family time now. Back later.

lol, you're funny

Purple bold...Verb, do you think Turin is White Knighting? 

You make a good point, LZM.

Trying to be more active, Verbal.

I suppose if anyone wants to use lack of participation as an indication of mafia, then I suppose I could throw Devil out there, thanks to Verbal's list. But I really don't think that participation or lack thereof is a good enough reason really to consider someone mafia.

In a vacuum, this logic is solid......but play enough games, and you'll be surprised at how often the bold actually proves to be false.  People inherently prefer being a townie - it is "less stress".  When people are scum, they are more cautious and afraid to post and give themselves (or their teammates) away.  This naturally makes them post less and lurk.

We definitely have lurkers this game. 

Turin 103
LZM 79
Rhea 67
Verbal 49
Dar'Jen 22
Lessa Nikia 21
charis 18
Elgee 13
Devil 10

@Turin

I'm not putting any more effort in than I have if we've got folks who are averaging 2-3 posts per entire 24 hour day. Nothing against their activity, it's cool, but that's that.

don't play down to the LCD. Try to engage them and draw them into to conversation. Only mafia can lurk to win. Lead man. It takes a village. Set the example.

Can everyone please post their thoughts on all the other players? Who you are willing to vote at this point. Who you don't want to vote. And please say why. I promise it will help create useful conversation which improves our chances to find the mafia.

In post order as listed above...

Turin feels townie to me but I could be making a huge mistake. Looking back at the game play he's been posting a lot for sure, but he's also said many times how much he felt Daruya was town. If he is scum he would know she was town and could be using this to his advantage. Now she's dead and we know she's town, it makes him look more sus. Coupled with the fact that he's been pushing people to reveal what they got in their chests. Now I'm not saying he's been the only one, but more so than anyone else. In a regular game this behavior to me is the equivalent of asking players their roles ie: Doc, Cop, etc. which gets people killed. Such as Dar. He also persuaded me to help him get a chest. I don't mind working together but I'm starting to find it fishy. And Turin didn't protect Dar after he knew what her ability was thinking that the target would still get the results; and that means to me that he didn't really care if she died. So if he really was town why wouldn't he potentially sacrifice himself to be sure?

LZM, pushing pretty hard on Daruya, too hard to be scum IMO.

Verbal and I haven't been seeing quite eye to eye but I can see where he's coming from mostly and it seems like he's townVerb. 

Dar'Jen is active but not contributing a whole lot. Is this just noob behavior or is she scum trying to stay under the radar? Kind of feels like she's coat tailing. 

Lessa I have not felt good about since D1. I think she was more "white knighting" to Dar day 1 than anyone else. He reason for voting Darthe didn't sit well with me, it felt like an opportunity to start a town lynch. Staying away until after deadline and then answering to a question she wasn't asked still bugs me. Then her OMGUS vote on me when I question her about it, well...

Charis I feel more towards town on her, and what she has posted has been fairly good. I don't think Charis or DarJen would have responded to Verb's questioning if Lessa hadn't first. 

Elgee and Devil...not enough posts to go on. Though Devil keeps getting his info wrong which makes me think he's more skimming that reading. 

Top picks for the scum are...not in any particular order

Lessa

Turin

Elgee

Devil

Charis and DarJen I am on the fence about

Town: Me, LZM and Verb

so... Daruya was town after all...

LZM, care to talk about that, buddy? Devil? Dar'Jen? Bueller?

I was wrong.

Care to talk about that abysmal ed wagon you hopped on?

Why do you think that the Ed wagon was abysmal?

You led a lynch on an inactive. And were wrong. That's why it was abysmal. If you had been right I'd be praising you, but that's not how it turned out.

Silencio!!

Success!

32lEE3Z.jpg

As quickly as the voice had begun, it was gone. Some strange and ancient guardian, perhaps. No worries now. You complete your ascent, and find an altar above. A stone plaque to its side reads "Mend the air, and you will find the truth."

*thinks about the words on the stone plaque*

What does it mean to "mend the air"?

Your vision begins to flicker and fade around you.

The ancient catacombs beneath Hogwarts waver in a thin haze.

You watch as your vision melts away, pitching you into darkness.

Slowly, your sight recovers.  You are now in a large chamber with no visible exit.  There are no more treasures to be seen, and no sense of old spells hiding further secrets.  There is nothing left to explore; only traitors who will surely kill you if you do not discover them first.

Turin

LZM

Rhea

Charis

Devil

Elgee

Pretty sure there is at least 1 scum in both groups.

Sorry if I'm being slow, but are these lists you cooked up yourself or did they come from Devil as your Neighbor? If you cooked them up yourself, why are some of us on there but not others?

in any case, since Turin asked, here goes:

Turin- v. agressive play style, clearly experienced, comfortable with multiple posts, which explains why he's head and shoulders above us all in post count. Still feels town to me, but I'll agree there's a strong possibility he's white knighting

Lessa-Scattered play style. Felt random to me at first, but idk, I'm beginning to come to Rhea's side here.

Elgee- I don't know. I think its possible she's a mafia lurker, but kind of unlikely.

Rhea- I'd feel more sure if Dar's action had gone through, that's disappointing, but again, I see no evidence for her being mafia

Devil- hasn't posted enough and isn't reading thoroughly enough, as he's getting confused. Still, doesn't seem entirely Town to me for some reason. 

Verbal- I'd like to hear more from him today

LZM- At the risk of playing into LZM/Charis trains, this is my strongest feel about scum. He's played a lot of games, I believe and been soundly wrong on this one so far. Unless he's been right and leading us astray. 

DarJen- if she's mafia, she's doing an ADMIRABLE job of being the lurker mafioso. I think it is much more likely that she's exactly what she seems: a brand new vanilla townie.

Charis- TTT

People I'd be willing as of this moment, to lynch: 

LZM

Lessa

Devil 

People I could get talked into lynching:

Verb

Elgee

Turin