DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trick-or-Treat II Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!!!!

LilyElizabeth

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Club Leader

Vote Count:

Cloud (6) – Des, Verb, Aemon, Leelou, Dap, Kat

Pral (3) – Darthe, Cloud, AJ

Andrej (3) – Mish, Pral, Not Bob

Lenlo (2) – Hallia, Yates

Not Bob (1) – RTE

Moon (1) – Salami

Hallia (1) – Lenlo

Darthe (1) – Andrej

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch

Deadline – Monday 8PM MST/ 11PM EST (I think I'm GMT -8 for you Europeans)

Not voting – Ishy, RTE, Tress, Moon

Okay, so I'm bored. I got a knife from the trigger and want to use it. Anyone have a preference? I have a few ideas, but would like some sort of majority. 

Ape.

You are quickly rising to the top this game. You aren't doing much of anything but making jabs. 

Okay, so I'm bored. I got a knife from the trigger and want to use it. Anyone have a preference? I have a few ideas, but would like some sort of majority. 

Dont shank me bro, dont shank me!

Sorry had to make a reference. what exactly does the knife do? Kill or something less?

Sorry had to make a reference. what exactly does the knife do? Kill or something less?

Send someone home (kill). 

Send someone home (kill). 

Alright... I want to say shooting one of the high profile people who have had alot of stuff going on around them would be good so we could get information from it and possibly catch scum, but im also worried that would hit a PR. What do you think of deciding on someone to shoot and then offering them a chance to reveal just incase that person happens to be the cop or the doc? We dont want to risk hitting them with this.

If that doesnt sound good though you can always just shoot someone you think is scum. After all's said and done its still your shot afterall.

• Club Leader

Vote Count:

Cloud (5) – Des, Verb, Leelou, Dap, Kat

Pral (3) – Darthe, Cloud, AJ

Andrej (3) – Mish, Pral, Not Bob

Lenlo (2) – Hallia, Yates

Not Bob (2) – RTE, Aemon

Moon (1) – Salami

Hallia (1) – Lenlo

Darthe (1) – Andrej

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch

Deadline – Monday 8PM MST/ 11PM EST (I think I'm GMT -8 for you Europeans)

Not voting – Ishy, RTE, Tress, Moon

Pralaya said both quick and instant, looks forced.

As a matter of fact, all of his post looks forced.

The suggestive and subjective reasoning of everything past the second quote shows me that laya is trying to go for whatever is easiest.

unvote vote laya

So, changing my vote from someone who has the highest vote count to someone who has a very low vote count (but who I find more scummier) is going for the easiest?

Are you trying to statistically validate yiur logic?

The cloud train is stalled. The AJ train is movin on up. Free association of either slot with a vote limit is not acceptible premise for shifting a vote. Care to argue the point?

Seriously? 2 votes vs 7 is moving up? Is that your argument?

Yes.  Is your argument that the numbers matter?  Are you suggesting that mafia cannot be on a smaller train than the majority?  Are you in fact stating that your team must indefinitely remain attached to whatever group you feel most easily will associate you with victory?

@RTE and Darthe: It's Day 1 and I have good reasons to play the way I do, and no I'm not some clueless idiot like you guys like to think I am. If you think I'm anti-town then feel free to lynch me, but I don't have to put up with all your belittling.

Lily's edit - picture not PG-13. 

unvote

vote Pralaya

Are you intentionally leaving out quotes of mine so that you can twist the context of my posts for your benefit? I think I was pretty clear in response when people directed comments or questions my way. And on the Csarmi portion, how could it look forced and contrived if the discussion was between myself and Leelou? Convenient those quotes never showed up. I unvoted Csarmi after the fact because I liked his response. I questioned NotBob on moving his vote to Csarmi after unvoting Cloud because of Kat's post. Seemed like another random move by him and I wanted clarification.

@Darthe - I like you better when you play this way.

And, now you are OMGUS voting me and Darthe, in whom you had the most suspicion, is now better? This post exactly follows the case that I made earlier.

You seem threatened by whoever votes you or points a finger at you.

You did the same with NotBob.

You the same with Darthe.

And, now you are doping the same with me.

Regarding Csarmi, I was pointing out how you voted him for a vague reason of meta and unvoted him as soon as he says that he has changed his meta. 

Can you rephrase this?  Idk if its my eyes or your english but I can't make heads or tails of it dude.

I feel I have legitimate reasons for my votes. NotBob's play pretty much always warrants a vote. Darthe's posts before today weren't helpful in any fashion. He is usually a very strong town player when he has that alignment. To see him play otherwise was alarming to me. And then your case on me, which really just looks like a bunch of mashed up stuff while also leaving a lot of important information. If you went through and read all my posts, then you obviously would've read my talk with Leelou about Csarmi's meta where I explained what you call a vague reason. Is there a reason you neglected to add those?

And yes, naturally I feel suspicious of those who target me. Some to a lesser degree than others. Are you saying that it's scummy to defend myself?

Some would argue that I benefit the town more as scum.

unvote

vote Pralaya

Are you intentionally leaving out quotes of mine so that you can twist the context of my posts for your benefit? I think I was pretty clear in response when people directed comments or questions my way. And on the Csarmi portion, how could it look forced and contrived if the discussion was between myself and Leelou? Convenient those quotes never showed up. I unvoted Csarmi after the fact because I liked his response. I questioned NotBob on moving his vote to Csarmi after unvoting Cloud because of Kat's post. Seemed like another random move by him and I wanted clarification.

@Darthe - I like you better when you play this way.

And, now you are OMGUS voting me and Darthe, in whom you had the most suspicion, is now better? This post exactly follows the case that I made earlier.

You seem threatened by whoever votes you or points a finger at you.

You did the same with NotBob.

You the same with Darthe.

And, now you are doping the same with me.

Regarding Csarmi, I was pointing out how you voted him for a vague reason of meta and unvoted him as soon as he says that he has changed his meta. 

fwiw.  I agree with your observations with AJ.  He's been over-defensive since the start even when I was obviously toying with him. 

Unvote

Vote AJ

On your way out, could you do us a favor and make one of those "WIFOM" posts that reveals your team?

Kill yourself.

Ape.

You are quickly rising to the top this game. You aren't doing much of anything but making jabs. 

A very good point.  I can't recall much in the way of game related thoughts so far from Ishy.  Have you any, dearest?

Kill yourself.

That's a bit harsh, don't ya think?

Go with your gut, Leelou.  Day 1 vig kills are hard to get right, but I personally would rather trust my own instincts and sink or swim by them instead of potentially getting manipulated by mafia.

I need to spend some time tomorrow night going back through the thread. It's been a long and stressful week and my impressions are a bit muddled; I need to sort out who's actually making sense and who's just talking a lot... and who's not saying much of anything, for that matter. 

Unvote

Still catching up, but I realized I forgot to post this morning after seeing Cloud's response. Was a good response, he even disproved one or two of my major points against him (really thought Dap urged others to consolidate on house color first /shrug). So yeah.

Be back in a bit

For those in my fanclub who like my wot's:

@ Des - I am semi-aggressive from time to time to get reactions and slips. I am not awake enough to go get quotes, but AJ is a fairly new player and he has said in this game that he has only played a couple games with salami. One of those games, salami said on here that he was changing his style because people tell him he posts too much. It was stated before by AJ that his meta on salami was that he's spammy as scum. I was saying that is a bad read because up until the Die Hard game, salami has one of the highest post counts but says absolutely nothing both as town and scum. My saying salami was missing and being slightly worried was just that. He's shown up now and I'm watching him. 

Meh fair enough I guess.

Buzzwords are negative words associated with mafia, that's very to use against someone to make their action seem worse than it is. Like with you accusing Leelou of "sheeping", when she didn't really do that, she added her vote on a train and cared enough to give a reason. And thus you also imply that anyone else that places votes on Cloud now are also sheeping and sheeping is never a good thing, so people shouldn't do that.

Of course, but when used incorrectly, or without grounds, they become buzzwords.

Say what?  Buzzwords are just what people use to make themselves sound smarter/more informed/etc.  They have nothing to do with associating with a particular alignment.  AtE, Sheeping, WIFOM, Fear Mongering, blah blah.  All buzzwords, and used by any alignment.

Verbal, the same thing could be said of almost ANY scumtell. There's almost nothing that ONLY mafia do on thread and town never do. Every scumtell is just a guide, a tool, to aid in scumhunting. Haven't found a scumtell yet that's 100% effective.

And in regards to buzzwords, Mish is right. Using buzzwords is easily a scumtell. Stuff like calling someone scum over and over without ever making any solid arguments against them. Stuff like saying someone is overly defensive (we'll get back to this later) to make em look bad without having to really put any effort into casing them. Buzzwords are how lazy or lurking mafia can get by without really playing but looking like they are. Town can use the same words at times, but prob won't rely on them as much.

Re Darthe: This is how he plays. More importantly this is how he plays as town. Not relying solely on Meta but he's not on my scum list yet.

Re NotBob: We aren't at deadline yet. He's not the best lynch yet today, but votes might get him to start playing. That might be optimistic but I want to get more gameplay from him. So far he seems very scummy. It's fine to go with a lynch that will get us less information if we kill scum, don't you think?

REALLY wish people, and you in general, would stop saying a vote is "for pressure". COMPLETELY defeats the point brah.

RTE, two things:

1. Man, I'm trying to change my D1 thingie, ok? Working on it!

2. Putting a vote on NotBob to pressure him, and then admitting that you don't think he's the lynch for today, is a really bad strategy. He knows you're not gonna push his lynch, so what on earth does your pressure vote achieve? He doesn't have to do a thing today.

THIS.

Not from the beginning, Cloud. Only after he removed his vote from you because he didn't want to "be on the same train" as Kat. That looks a lot like "oh no! He has too many votes. I better jump ship."

He never had to vote for me in the first place so my point still remains.

Hey AJ, they think I'm town because I am amazing. Keep calm and carry on.

Hey Mish, I like your style :wink:

Hey cloud, cocus on the solution, not the problem. Do you think RTE is mafia?

I had my doubts about RTE, and I'm still a bit unsure about his town read on Despo but no I don't think he is scum right now.

I could also go for Pral because of his unvote from me and his case against AJ which I don't like at all.

Yeah I also think Despo is likely town. I also have a town read on AJ though >.>

I don't understand why you're questioning RTE so much about a town read on me when you apparently think I'm town. You even said "fair enough" when you asked him about it the first time and he explained.

What's up with that Cloud? Am I the Rosetta stone to figuring out the mafia for you? Just ask someone for their read on me and you'll start pooling data?

Seriously tho. If you think RTE is questionable, you should come up with something a LOT more solid than wondering why they have a town read on someone you think is town.

Cloud we've played enough games together (and have played enough in general) to not take any of them personally.

I don't agree with your playstyle this game. It happens. I don't think you're playing in a way that helps town but based on past experiences I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I don't particularly see you as scummy right now but with throwing your votes around you aren't doing much to convince me that you are town either. Letting you know.

Throwing your votes around =/= scummy. Mafia tend to park votes a lot more often, town is less self-conscious by nature so doesn't have a problem switching their vote as their reads change.

fwiw.  I agree with your observations with AJ.  He's been over-defensive since the start even when I was obviously toying with him. 

Unvote

Vote AJ

:rolleyes: @ "over-defensive"

Nice to see that you are actually scum this game. Was gonna enjoy policy lynching you anyways, now it's even moar fun!

Why doesn't Pac play over here? I'd stab him. :laugh:

GRRRRR @ you Hallia. Thought you were gonna work on stopping the whole fluff thing. Or at least diminishing it somewhat.

ALLLLLL this gameplay going on around you, and you're quiet throughout, but the second someone brings up a JN'er you chime in. You have no idea how much this kind of thing frustrates me.

So yeah, Vote Notbob, both for policy and cause I think he's scum (which doesn't exactly make much sense, but meh deal with it). The "over-defensive from the start" buzzword thing was complete crap. His unvote with the cheeky "TL,DR" was purdy turrible as well. Lastly his post saying "oh, if I speak up more, your teammate will just come in and call me out for a weak case" was just blatantly terribad, and used the last straw to mutilate the camel's back.

Other stuff I didn't comment on:

AJ seemed to start pinging me for a sec, then that kinda went meh. Not sure if he's mafia, but he doesn't seem as clean as he did before.

Pray's response to Darthe about the whole "going for the easiest lynch" seemed pretty townish to me. Didn't really like his case on AJ that much but his response to a few votes on him seemed pretty good.

Aemon started pinging somewhat as well, in fact I prob should have quotegrabbed one or two of his posts in my wot above. Will do so in a mo.

Lastly, the big kahuna: Leelou, yeah you should trust your instincts, don't let others manipulate you, blah blah blah. I will say tho, that if I had the knife, I would stab one of the lurkers. Prob one of Verbal, Yates, or Ishy. All three are refraining from commenting on relevant game matters as much as possible. And even if you hit town, meh a lurking town don't help much either. And a town PR lurking as a strategy should be knifed as well, since lurking is a good way to get killed by mafia anyways. Either way, those three make me uncomfortable with how little they're adding compared to what's normal for them. Mebbe throw in Hallia as well. She always lurks but that could prod her to start actually playing more in games she signs up for.

I'm just gonna review all of Aemon's posts with CS's trick. Shouldn't take too long.

Really quick tho, just remembered something. Can't remember who, but someone fos'd Yates not too long ago for claiming the same costume as someone, when I'm pretty sure he didn't. Iirc, Yates just showed up, and then Hallia remarked on his avatar and said she was a grim reaper, and then he said what his costume was (can't remember what it was), and then she changed her avi to compete with his. Don't think he ever claimed to have the grim reaper costume.

Yeah, I'd still much rather lynch one of the people we are voting on, I'm changing to Not Bob because he is acting pretty anti-town so far. I was thinking more of one of the lurkers. Ishy and Hallia are pretty near the top of my list. Even though Yates and Verbal are being lurky, they have added something to analyze. Verbal gave reasoning for his voting Cloud and Yates has his vote jumping. Ishy hasn't commented on anything really except for Yates changing his vote multiple times, and there is plenty to comment on. Ishy normally has some opinion on what is going on game wise by now and he seems to be keeping his post count at a decent level by spamming instead of adding content. Hallia parked her vote on Lenlo and hasn't commented on anything and there is a lot going on in the game to comment on.

unvote, vote Not Bob

All of Aemon's posts:

House color vote (yellow)

Costume reveal (Elvis)

Vote's Dap, no reason given, was second vote after Kate joke-voted Dap

Says he'll be back in 30 mins with more thoughts

Posts 30 mins later, exactly (creepy) - Pretty much just parrots what everyone else has said about Cloud or Moon. Kinda suspect that after going through the thread for half an hour, he doesn't actually come up with anything original to say and fos's the two main people in the spotlight. Votes Cloud.

"I don't read too much into people FoSing me without a vote" - ... then proceeds to fos Notbob without voting him. Says Notbob's vote seems more bandwagonish than him thinking Cloud is scum. Kinda sets the groundwork for him to later link Notbob and Cloud.

Pretty terrible post right here. Seriously, just click on it - This was his reaction to Notbob unvoting Cloud because of Kat's wot. He says Notbob is either distancing from Kat... actually let's just stop there. What kind of scummie would distance from a teammate by saying on thread "I don't want to be on the same train with this person"?!?!?!?! Would literally be the worst distancing attempt ever undertaken. Serious FOS @ Aemon for trouting out that garbage (I pronounced garbage all french like to make it sound worse).

Says he could also be delaying a Cloud lynch, which doesn't really make that much sense since NB voted Cloud to begin with... I could mebbe buy this if NB had given any kind of rational thought or reason why he was unvoting, instead of the crap about Kat.

Lastly says that Notbob is at the top of his scumlist, but that he's happy with a Cloud lynch. Yeeeeaaaahhhh (say that as awkward as you can for full effect).

"Hahaha, you're funny Cloud (says he didn't say Cloud would flip town) - Cloud forgot to respond with the Goodfella's clip. Not much here, although I do think Aemon is making a bit of a show about how much he thinks Cloud is scum.

Says he didn't start linking Cloud and NB until after NB removed his vote - only comment here is that there might be an overuse of sarcasm quotes in this post.

States verbatim what Notbob did when he unvoted Cloud - nudges Notbob, says he is looking pretty scummy, doesn't vote him. It's way easier for Aemon to case Notbob, but he apparently doesn't want to move his vote from Cloud. Remember what I said before about mafia liking to park votes instead of move them? I think Aemon is scared of moving his vote to Notbob for fear of being called out.

Joke

"I was going to say much the same" (I believe he was referring to what Lenlo said about Leelou stabbing who she wants) - moves his vote to Notbob, but doesn't say anything about Cloud... Repeats that NB is at the top of his scum list. Again, thinking he feels he has to make a show out of saying he's voting someone cause he thinks they're scum. Also, what happened between the last couple of posts and this one that made him change his mind to vote Cloud instead? Mebbe cause Cloud's train looked like it was dying so Aemon's self-consciousness made him move his vote so he could still fit in with the crowd?

Someone else pointed this out, but he also includes an unnecessary tidbit about how if Leelou chooses to knife Notbob, he'll change his vote, obviously. If it was obvious why did you feel the need to say that? Furthermore Leelou hinted that she would be using the item at night, and perhaps can only use it at night. So why mention the knife thing at all in regards of who to vote for? The knife will come after the lynch has already been decided. This was Aemon's response to being called out about that.

That's actually enough for me. Still wouldn't mind a lynch on Notbob at all, but Unvoting and Voting Aemon seems like a thing to do. Also the best chance of catching scum atm imo.

Yeah, I'd still much rather lynch one of the people we are voting on, I'm changing to Not Bob because he is acting pretty anti-town so far. I was thinking more of one of the lurkers. Ishy and Hallia are pretty near the top of my list. Even though Yates and Verbal are being lurky, they have added something to analyze. Verbal gave reasoning for his voting Cloud and Yates has his vote jumping. Ishy hasn't commented on anything really except for Yates changing his vote multiple times, and there is plenty to comment on. Ishy normally has some opinion on what is going on game wise by now and he seems to be keeping his post count at a decent level by spamming instead of adding content. Hallia parked her vote on Lenlo and hasn't commented on anything and there is a lot going on in the game to comment on.

unvote, vote Not Bob

I think if we're going to have competing trains today, they should be between Notbob and Aemon, instead of Cloud.

As for the lurker group, Verb is posting slightly less than he normally does, but Yates is WAAAAAY below what he normally contributes, and hasn't seemed to give any rl excuse for it or anything. Ishy doesn't ever seem to contribute all that much to the scumhunt imo, but yeah, he's commenting on a lot less than he normally would. Hallia is on her meta, but that's not really a reason to NOT stab her for lurking.

So if you had to whittle it down, Ishy and Yates would prob be two good candidates. Or you could just stab whoever doesn't get lynched today of the Notbob/Aemon duo, unless one of them flips scum (I doubt they're pulling a gambit).

Hmmmm OR, and this is a thought worth chewing over, can you use the knife on a future day or night? Cause you could wait until there's a really good option, and the threat of that dangling knife could make teh scum start to sweat, making it easier for us to nab them.

Archived