DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Twilight Saga: New Moon Mafia Game-Over, Vampire Team Volturi Win and Naeann

Minuet

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here! And I haven't read ANY of the books, nor seen the movies, and nor will I ever. Me, I like my books to be well written... ;) (okay I promise not to bag the books the whole game because I'm afraid of being mod killed and yes I know I'm saying this without ever having read them myself!) Well that's my resolve anyway. So bear with me for being totally ignorant of who you're talking about! :P 

^ the books aren't that bad.  not up to the WoT standard sure, but for the age range their targetted their good.  i'm glad of anything that gets kids away from video games and makes them want to read.  just glad that you aren't planning on seeing or reading the series, would hate to spoil the endings for you. 

min - oh yes!!!  we will have too.  ofcourse i started a snape thread in the Blue's  *whistles*  but be warned, that is a major can-o-worms to open with me.

I agree it's not the best written book... but I have read it.  Expressing an opinion on a book you havent read is like me saying I hate china.. it sucks... I've never been there but it doesn't matter.  All they do is speak Chinese and write down instead of across! Bah!  I hate Lobster too.  I've never eaten it but I bet it sucks.  Plus you have to smash it open and it's beady little eyes stare at you.  (That is honestly disturbing.. that and fish they leave the heads on when they serve you... EW!)

Haha I know it's hypocritical, I'm just going by the trusted advice of some good friends who have read it and know what I would and wouldn't like is all. That, and Stephen King. LOL.

Anyway...I probably will read them one day, just not in a particular rush too. :)

Ok, I swear I didn't sign up for this game to mock to the theme! *promises to be good from here on in*

*takes the vote and shines it up nicely before adding it to the knickknacks on the shelf*

Thanks so much!!

My oldest DD loves the Twilight series and she is 12.  They were a light read for me, but I prefer LKH writings, honestly.  Finding the girls age appropriate material is getting harder though -  at least something they will be interested in.

Oh, I forgot to comment on the books, silly me! I knew I was forgetting something. ::)

I've read all 4 books twice, I think.  Maybe 3 times.  I try and avoid rereads too much because I usually miss a lot of sleep when I'm reading them (I can't put each book down till I'm done with it, which makes for late nights most of the time).

I think that while the books aren't terribly well written, it's still a fantastic story.

Bookwise, I'm an avid Team Edward, but for the movies, I'm all for Team Jacob. ;D

OKay i'm here and after reading four pages of convo's I understand why lily says this is so time consuming *ggls* I've read the books once....well sorta I read twilight all the way through and then I kind of skimmed through the others *look* I'd read it when it mentioned Jacob. Sorry Meesh I'm all team Jacob books movies whatever *laughs*

Jacob's only best when he's Taylor-Lautner-as-Jacob. :P  And the only reason he's cooler is because Rob-Pattinson-as-Edward is just plain bad. ;D

But I guess that's just me, the hopeless romantic who wishes my boyfriend was sparkly and played the piano and was really smart and gorgeous and a romantic fellow himself... ;) :D

And it's not terribly relevant to the game, either. >.>

*stops spamming*

*whistles "Amazing Grace"*

I agree it's not the best written book... but I have read it.  Expressing an opinion on a book you havent read is like me saying I hate china.. it sucks... I've never been there but it doesn't matter.  All they do is speak Chinese and write down instead of across! Bah!  I hate Lobster too.  I've never eaten it but I bet it sucks.  Plus you have to smash it open and it's beady little eyes stare at you.  (That is honestly disturbing.. that and fish they leave the heads on when they serve you... EW!)

Nae that cracked me up! I have tried lobster and it is rather gross....I HATE seafood so that could probably have something to do with it too. *laughs* and *high fives Nae back* Another Team Jacob! He's such a cutie. Meesh Edward and Bella both are horrible actors in the movies. I can't take either of them seriously. When she was all "hurt' that edward left I was like.....I don't really believe you but okay.

• Club Leader

I'm one of those who haven't read or seen. Can someone give me a brief summary? I know that there's a girl (Bella?) and a vampire and a werewolf, and fans have chosen teams according to who deserves her, although some say one or the other deserves better than her. Other than that, I'm completely lost.

Vegan vamps? How is that possible?

These aren't standard werewolves, are they?

And what's a volturi? Sounds like a were-vulture...

Now, everybody smile wide and show Lily your teeth, so we can get down to business here.  ;D

Meesh Edward and Bella both are horrible actors in the movies. I can't take either of them seriously. When she was all "hurt' that edward left I was like.....I don't really believe you but okay.

Oh I totally agree with you. ;D  I think Rob Pattinson was a terrible choice, but I think he does a decent job of playing Edward, being who he is.  Like, enough that I don't want to stab him for making the movie suck.  But he's still a terrible Edward.  Kristen Stewart has her ups and downs; primarily downs.  She just kind of has the same facial expression throughout the entire movie.  A straight face.  And, when she was having the nightmares...my cousin commented that she sounded like she was giving birth. :D

That's why I'm Team Jacob when it comes to the movies.  Taylor Lautner is perfect and even if he wasn't, he'd still be better than Kristen and Rob. ;)

Oh, I'd answer your questions, Lily, but I'm kind of already feeling guilty for spamming.  Yes, I do have a conscience.  Don't be so surprised.  It's a BIG conscience. :)

Lily vegan vamps is what the Cullens are, they don't drink blood from humans only from animals. They don't kill humans and all that so that part is pretty cool though as a hardcore vamp fan it did take a bit to get used to but not as much as the sparkly stuff. *laughs*

The added joy that, while Vegan vampires... they do still crave humans.. and Bella is Edward's favorite brand of candy.  Apparently shes so uber fantasticimal that every guy in school wants her and every vampire.. vegan or not.. wants to rip her throat out.

The cullen vampires and the pack of wolves have a pact.. if the cullens don't shed human blood they will have a truce and boundary lines.  In the second book (what the game is based on) the cullens leave because Jasper nearly ate Bella.  She goes emo upset and tries to nearly get herself killed because she sees him when that happens.  Jacob is thrilled they are gone cause that means he gets closer to Bella.  She is too blinded by the sparkles to see what a great guy he is though.

And what's a volturi? Sounds like a were-vulture...

lily that is pure greatness!!!  :)

okay i am team edward.  cause in the books, i love the banter back and fother between him an bella.  and in new moon, jacob just makes me want to smack him.  seriously and very hard.  kissing a girl like that,  just plain rude!!!  besides, he can do sooo much better than bella ;)

as for a breif summary.  okay here it goes.  now mind, soem people may have to correct me cause i've only read the series once.

in he book there is a "love at first site" complex for the werewolfs and vamps.  this is what happens with Edward when he firs see's bella.   the cullens (edwards family) are comprised of 2 adult vamps, and 5 teens.  goign along with the regular vampire legend, you get frozen at what age you were turned.

aside from the living forever thing, the also must drink blood to survive and have super senses (speed, hearing, ect)

our Cullens are "vegan" vamps.  which means they don't feed on humans, instead feeding on major animal predators (edward perfer's cougars for enstance)  in this series, you can tell how hungry a vamp is according to the eye color.  for the cullens Gold means their full and Black means their hungry.   for reg vamps like the Voltari, their eyes remain blood red and turn darker as they get hungry.  Jasper is the newly mented vamp to the family (before harvest moon anyways) and has some trouble controlling his urges to feed on humans.  especailly around the scent of human blood.

with the vamps comes specail powers.  what i can remeber of the cullens is

edward can read everyones thoughts, except for bellas (the reason is explained in later books)

alice can predict the immediate future

jasper can influence your mood just by being in the same room; he's like a Soother

the voltari also have powers, the most nautorious is Jane who has the power to inflict the Crucio Curse on a person by thought.  (sorry had to through an HP ref in there ;) )

Archived