DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week] HP Mafia 2016 - Gilderoy Lockhart and the Cult of Personality - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS

Songstress

Did he ever defend voting verb in particular? Because if not then it doesn't really matter. It's a joke vote with no meaning instead of a serious vote which he would leave... right?

It wasn't vote itself. Now you're just ignoring my points all together. See my reasoning in my post just before this one.
What am I ignoring? I think I'm just not logically understanding the points you're making.

I wasn't twisting what he said, just misunderstood him. Him twisting mine was about him saying I was saying things I wasn't. I'm on a mobile that is dying so can't grab the quotes. If you grab the ones where I say he's twisting them then when I can get back on I'll show you what I meant.

If you or someone gets the chance, pull his twisting. I might have a few seconds while my coworkers go to get brownies but otherwise I'm working on other stuff right now.

Someone talk to me about Luth?

I can go back and grab at least one now that I'm at the house.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a way I can see Kaylee really thinking that leaving my joke vote is scummy. That's sort of old era DMafia and a FOS players like Ithi/Mynd would make.

Doesn't make the initial argument any better but maybe she wasn't just pushing a bad case.

Waiting for her to come back.

I wish I knew how to read AJ, ugh, I never know if I'm being too suspicious and just not seeing what he's seeing or if he's being scummy.

I didn't dislike Rhea's post about Kaylee but I'm really not fond of AJ voting over a joke vote supposedly meaning anything.

[v]AJ[/v]

Deadline is 5 am for me so I won't be there for it but I'll be on my laptop later this evening.

This is bad. The first line toes the line of giving yourself an out for your vote if AJ flips town and the second line actually doesn't make sense to me. What point were you trying to make here?

I'm interested in answer to this as well. Sounds more like Luth had a better reason to vote me.

I went back and I didn't see the twisting that AJ is apparently doing. I do see Luth and Kaylee selectively quoting what he said though.

I would break it out in detail but my coworkers are back now.

I'm not selectively quoting. I said I'll explain the twisting and I will. I quoted him, as is, and pointed out what I didn't like about it.

I wish I knew how to read AJ, ugh, I never know if I'm being too suspicious and just not seeing what he's seeing or if he's being scummy.

I didn't dislike Rhea's post about Kaylee but I'm really not fond of AJ voting over a joke vote supposedly meaning anything.

[v]AJ[/v]

Deadline is 5 am for me so I won't be there for it but I'll be on my laptop later this evening.

This is bad. The first line toes the line of giving yourself an out for your vote if AJ flips town and the second line actually doesn't make sense to me. What point were you trying to make here?

First line is carry over from Rey's game where I'm playing with AJ (and the game before that where I'd spectacularly failed at reading him correctly). Second line shows my thoughts about what has happened so far because I think it's important, especially D1, that everyone speak up about where they're at to create "content" and allow people to have reads, otherwise it's too easy for scum to hide by lying low.

But based on that you should be voting me. Could be wrong but seems the reasoning is stronger.

In a way I can see Kaylee really thinking that leaving my joke vote is scummy. That's sort of old era DMafia and a FOS players like Ithi/Mynd would make.

Doesn't make the initial argument any better but maybe she wasn't just pushing a bad case.

Waiting for her to come back.

I'm back, catching up, then grabbing the quotes as promised. If you have any questions for me though ask away.

No, I'm just highlighting how bad her point is. Like what, only scum joke vote now?

Please :rolleyes:

Again twisting my words. The joke vote itself isn't a problem. The problem is leaving it so close to deadline.

Here's one example. The twisting of words is him making it sound like my only/main issue is that he joke voted. That was never one of my points. That's why I said he was twisting my words. (Making it about something it wasn't about)

wow....things got rolling since I left last night....

as for my take on it: so aj left the vote on verb to within 24 hours of dl.  so what?!  If I think somebody is worth voting at the beginning of the day and vote them and then change my mind, I will still leave the vote on them.  Why, you ask? Because, something made me put it on there to begin with and until I have a better candidate I am not going to change...then there are times where I change my vote 2 or 3 times w/in a few posts cause I am being "pressured/convinced" by others.

1. Dice - his only posts were pics and 2 posts on the...what do I want to call it??..."questionable" post of laineys and the "dig" post of hallia's...one saying that the "questionable" post of lainey's was null to him and the other saying her defense of said post was scummy to him :dry: 
2. Andrej - kept "somewhat" calm :dry: during his defense of his joke vote...though he wasn't really defending his joke vote...more like defending against accusations against why he had it on for so long...not the vote itself...
3. Hallia - other than her "dig" post and defense thereof...pretty good posts so far
4. Rhea - focused mainly on kaylee's posts...I did like her gif...pretty cool :smile:
5. alannalynn - feeling good about her.  really getting into the game and questioning/redirecting people.
6. Luthine - not so good vibes from her...all she is concentrating on is andrej...how he can be scummy.
7. Wildfire Sedai - TOWN QUEENIE
8. Kaylee - not so good vibes from her...spent most of 10 pages saying andrej was wrong for his vote on verbal, votes on him, then seems to change her mind, unvotes, then goes right back to the argument :dry:
9. Verbal32 - I like his posts.  Short and to the point.  

I know that this is like way late but I have a lot of RL stuff and it takes me a while to write a post. 

Disclaimer:  This is not a reads list, it is a "how I feel at this point in time list!"

No, I'm just highlighting how bad her point is. Like what, only scum joke vote now?

Again twisting my words. The joke vote itself isn't a problem. The problem is leaving it so close to deadline.

Here's one example. The twisting of words is him making it sound like my only/main issue is that he joke voted. That was never one of my points. That's why I said he was twisting my words. (Making it about something it wasn't about)

I was giving another example of a bad point, not saying that was the issue. I get what you were saying and I still think it's weak. Leaving my vote or not didn't hinder anything or anyone. There's no rule about when joke votes are no long acceptable and I had said mostly everyone was null to me. Literally my last few posts last night were asking people to give some thoughts and posting reads of my own.

I'm largely null on almost everyone :unsure:

Verb's few posts were decent but I don't that's anything he couldn't post as scum. Too soon to call.

Dice doesn't have a lot of posts but his intro wants to make me town read him instantly if you know the history of his role streak in HP games.

Kaylee seems to be doing a lot of agreeing with everyone, so not sure about her.

Rhea seemed okay in her few posts.

WiFi is as confusing as always. Would peek ASAP

Luthine is already suspicious of me, so she is probably town :rolleyes:

Hallia changed her tune a little bit irt Laine's OP but I'm not sure she opens so aggressively as scum.

Laine is null. The whole knowing role PMs were out but not bothering to check isn't something I understand at all. Not really scummy but overall just meh.

I've also made comments and thoughts of my own. Like noting you still have a joke vote in place with less than 24 hours till deadline. (At least as of this post). That I don't like.
Gross. joke votes don't mean a thing and you should probably know that. I'm also the only person to vote anyone at all atp. Does that mean anything?

[unvote]

[v]Kaylee[/v]

I never said I had a problem with the joke vote. It was the fact that you left it as deadline was approaching. Nice twisting my words though.

Yes it was the only vote as not enough has happened yet for real reads to be formed.

You leaving a joke vote just so we can achieve a lynch, I think that's your argument correct me if I'm wrong, it's bad.

I'm not scum but at least now we're getting somewhere. Your twisting what i'm saying, trying to defend leaving a joke vote, and I'm feeling I could vote you for those reasons.

This was first time. Making it sound like my problem was with him having a joke vote. That wasn't my point and I had already said as much.

I was giving another example of a bad point, not saying that was the issue. I get what you were saying and I still think it's weak. Leaving my vote or not didn't hinder anything or anyone. There's no rule about when joke votes are no long acceptable and I had said mostly everyone was null to me. Literally my last few posts last night were asking people to give some thoughts and posting reads of my own.

And I feel better about you now, especially since I realized I was wrong on what you meant. I don't get leaving the vote but that's been discussed and we'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

I'm just used to you doing more to find scum than just asking for everyone's thoughts. Guess that's a bit hypocritical though cuz typically D1 that's all I do. Sorry about that. Anyway I saw something that stood out, pursued it and voted. Then I realized I was wrong and unvoted since I no longer had a case. I may goofed and at least it's caused content and people to take a stand. I'm not scum.

I'm town, VT and will role claim if you want.

In fact he's awesome

Anything else to add?
This felt a touch snarky and defensive, especially when I've been here,and posting

It was snark but not defensive. You haven't had a lot of content lately. You poked me for a weak reason earlier and not much since. Trying to get you to be involved and get thoughts out there. I'll grab the quotes I'm talking about.

I don't see him thinking he should get points at all. Now who's twisting?

[v] Luthine [/v]

I like this post. Shows you going after something.

You honestly think no one would vote by deadline, Kaylee?

Taking what I said and coming up with your own reasons/, thoughts. Kinda twisting my words/what I was saying which is why you voted Luth.

AJ what do you make of Luth hopping on where she did?

Back to being on Luth which I can understand.

Could go after either atm.

Ok I guess.

Laine, same question I put to AJ I put to you.

Back to focusing on Luth. Again I can see this as your vote is still there.

In fact he's awesome

Fluff

Not today son! :happy:

Added since it's another quote.

[unvote]

[v] Kaylee [/v]

Now that feels defensive.

Since this one you've posted how you think I was being snarky, which I admitted to... But not how it was defensive.

I supposed there's more content type posts then I thought, just short ones. So sorry about my comment I remembered incorrectly.

I've gone so far as to post a pretty decent list on where I am with everyone, which is more than I can say for many here. Not sure where that's coming from.

For some reason I was thinking you hadn't posted much content. I was wrong.

@Wildfire - who do you want to vote?

Who do you? And that question goes to everyone as well.

We have:

1) Laine - Mixed feelings but mostly good.

2) AJ - Null to townie from recent interaction.

3) Myself

4) Dice - Not enough content

5) Wifi - like the updated thoughts but feel I don't have enough here.

6) Hally - Do you still have reservations about Luth?

7) Rhea - I feel she's trying to figure things out. Slight town lean.

8) Luth - Didn't like the vote on AJ especially the way Laine pointed it out. The unvote didn't feel right either... But would have to look back at the post to remember why.

9) Verbal - Liked the earlier content but would love more here.

@Luthine - for instance, I don't know how you read my statement and think I am legitimately trying to claim any sort of credit for a completely meaningless vote. So either you are intentionally misinterpreting/twisting to make me look bad or your filter is skewed because your mind is already fixated on the idea that I'm scummy. If it's the latter then you should readjust. I'm not so bad once you get to know me :wink:

I don't doubt it :wink: Again, don't take it personally, AJ, it's only because I think you're a good player that I keep such an eye on you. Yeah, I didn't think it made much sense, which is why it pinged me! I will do my best to be more open-minded. [unvote]

Seemed sure about her vote the post before this. Then unvote because needs to be more open minded. Feels a bit forced.

Archived