DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Exercise. Do You?

Ryrin

I know I should.  I am.  I need motivation when it's 104 F (40 C) outside.

I love weights.  Hate cardio.  I've done an hour of cardio the last two days.  I knew I needed it.  Cycling and elliptical at the gym.

Love swimming in pools but especially in natural bodies of water.  The oceans here are freezing so it's usually lakes for me.

I feel better afterwards, even though there is soreness.

I sit a lot at my job, writing treatment plans and attending meetings.

What do you do?

exercise.jpg

The missus and I have started a lifestyle change. We picked up the diet program called The 21 Day Fix. Kinda usin it as more a guide line on healthier living. It comes with two work out DVDs that have a mix of "fixes". A full body cardio, upper, lower, 10 minute ABs, Pilates, Cardio fix, lower, upper, abs and yoga. A half hour a day. In the past 3 months I have lost 16.9 pounds and a waist size. 

Majority of my job I sit at a desk. I know it's killin me. lol The worst thing for me when it comes to work outs is that I'm still a smoker. I know I need to quit. I desperately desperately need to quit but I'm weak as hell. Most of the drive for trying to eat better and exercise once a day is my son. Not for my own benefit lol, noooo, of course not, but so I can be around as long as I can for him. I don't know how much help he's goin to need as he gets older. If any. So, I work out at home with Wyatt sitting in his bouncy chair in front of me and listen to him laugh at me while I work out. I keep saying to him 'I'm goin to get better Wyatt. I promise. This is all for you bud' 

These days, mostly walking. I have a friend, and we walk the lake together (it's 3 miles around) and try to make it several evenings a week. If not, I tend to do low-impact aerobic walking/such things at home in front of a show or movie (because I get bored very easily and walking is really dull in place by yourself unless distracted.) It also helps me keep track of time and make sure I don't stop too early.

My favorite physical activities are horseback riding, fencing, and archery. Alas, I don't get to do them nearly regularly enough. Medieval dance is something I enjoy sometimes. Mostly because the steps are easy and don't require odd body poses. ;) I'm not good at learning complex dance steps. 

I was weight lifting for the past few months but I haven't done anything for about a week since school started and I am running everywhere trying to figure things out. I am going to start again this weekend though.  I otherwise bike everywhere though and work outside a lot, a lot of walking. 

I don't generally exercise, but our school talent show is next week and I stupidly suggested that a friend of mine and I dance in it together. The thing is, she's actually a dancer, so that's been my exercise for the last month.

My thighs will never be the same....  :dry:

I'm impressed.  Walking is always good.  I took a fencing class when I was very young and recently have done some medieval dancing with my group.

Taltos, what about Irish Dancing?  I think Mashi was into that.

Kari, dancing can be quite challenging!

Edited to say that I enjoy yoga too... not Pilates.

I'm impressed.  Walking is always good.  I took a fencing class when I was very young and recently have done some medieval dancing with my group.

Taltos, what about Irish Dancing?  I think Mashi was into that.

I dance at celebrations if there is music or sometimes when Im by myself and no one else is around - I don't do it for deliberate exercise and don't do the competitive stuff.

Why do you exercise?

I think Mills already answered that.

Aesthetics and strength mostly. I want to build a lot of muscle and can't really do that if you don't deliberately exert yourself a lot more than what you usually are use to do on daily base. 

I should exercise ... but I don't :tongue:

I don't have much time with the 3 girls. I walk the equivalent of 1h30 everyday ... but I am not sure it counts lol

Maybe with the holidays, it will be possible for me to run or to swim. It would be nice to get some muscles :biggrin:

You'd be amazed how much you;re ALREADY working out Chae. I am sure those lil ones are keepin you pretty healthy. Sure, you're not doin sets and reps or followin like a regimen or program but you're workin. If you have a smart phone look for a step counter or Fit Bit or whatever you'd be amazed how much walking is a work out. 

• Club Leader

I lift weights every Mon, Wed, and Fri or Sat, depending on how Friday goes. I usually follow it with some yoga. I'm still going kind of slowly, but I hope to build up over time. After I recover from an upcoming surgery, I'll pick up the pace. 

I work out because I love the feeling, especially after yoga. And also because I want to be more fit and I'm not interested in changing my diet at this point. Maybe someday. 

• 1 month later...

Archived