DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Mass Effect II mafia

csarmi

Ok, let's shed the tinfoil here for a second.

I've been firmly against Godfathers for many years.  I think it ends up being a cheap win for the wolves because they were mechanically cleared by a Cop and didn't have to really do any work for it.  If we lose this game because of Laine being Cop and clearing the GF, then I'm ok with that.

Therefore, barring any cc tomorrow morning, I'm going to ISO Dice & seph and place my vote on one of them.

Contradiction here?  

Not at all.  You really need to stop looking for contradictions in my posts.  I'm a villager, and you won't find them.

Im reading that your ok with a cheap win for the wolves.  Please show me where im wrong, and if you do so i will apologize.

You are reading that correctly, and there is no contradiction.  We can WIFOM and tinfoil ourselves into a loss, or we can just assume no GF and proceed accordingly.  If there is a GF and it causes us to lose, then I'm ok with that because of how I feel about GFs.

Ty kind sir and I apologize to you!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, I suppose. I just feel so sure.

Homework: go back and study, come back with solid reads outside of my views?**

Yes, definitely.  I don't want to discount them, but with (most likely) MYLO coming into tomorrow, we can't be hasty.

My point is that we should not lynch tomorrow based solely on Laine's claimed results.  We can and should take them into consideration barring a cc tomorrow morning, but we need to make a more informed lynch tomorrow than just 'follow the Cop'.

This is a very good point.

Also, mods, could we get a scene for the Talya kill?

I'm concerned that you're being very agreeable to me even though I'm directly stating you could be a GF.

verb I have been having this problem with him all game.

Yes, definitely.  I don't want to discount them, but with (most likely) MYLO coming into tomorrow, we can't be hasty.

My point is that we should not lynch tomorrow based solely on Laine's claimed results.  We can and should take them into consideration barring a cc tomorrow morning, but we need to make a more informed lynch tomorrow than just 'follow the Cop'.

I'm concerned that you're being very agreeable to me even though I'm directly stating you could be a GF.

Seph did you happen to read the next couple posts in that conversation?

wat

I did after I quoted it. and zander I am working one up.

I don't believe her claim zander.

The solution is easy:

-if she dies tonight, the flip clears everything up

-if she does not and is lying, the real Cop needs to cc immediately

verbal, look at when I make a case on maw. Look how he reacts. I can go find them if you like?
yup and I will keep agreeing with you.
you are not calling me scum, and I respond by saying its possible. but I am town, it is confusing

verbal, look at when I make a case on maw. Look how he reacts. I can go find them if you like?

yup and I will keep agreeing with you.

you are not calling me scum, and I respond by saying its possible. but I am town, it is confusing

So you're saying both Laine and Mawt are wolves?

I did after I quoted it. and zander I am working one up.

I don't believe her claim zander.

The solution is easy:

-if she dies tonight, the flip clears everything up

-if she does not and is lying, the real Cop needs to cc immediately

Eh, I don't think so. Like you said earlier, the Doc should protect her tonight.

wat

i thought he was talking about Maw here....

wat

i thought he was talking about Maw here....

Both of them are talking about me.

town

verbal (peek)

zander

dice

alanna 

mawt

I have been saying this for awhile now...

Ok, I see what you're saying.....but don't you think the real Cop will cc tomorrow if Laine is lying?

town

verbal (peek)

zander

dice

alanna 

mawt

here's the cc

Good point.  If he's saying Laine is lying, then how am I a peek?

town

verbal (peek)

zander

dice

alanna 

mawt

here's the cc

maybe hes trying to claim Cop himself.  would like him to clear this up

town

verbal (peek)

zander

dice

alanna 

mawt

here's the cc

I am confused by this verbal.

I asked alanna the reason for her peeks for a reason... surprise surprise maw was in them as well.  

your right I could have easily CC if tomorrow I was in trouble, but by then I think it would have been to late, and just cast suspicion on me.

I peeked you first because of your defending. you defended multiple people correctly. ley, tayla, and there may have been one more. I felt uneasy about not knowing your alignment.

last night I peeked tayla. She has been the one I have had the most trouble all game, and to be honest I thought, she would be the last one nk'ed there.

alanna keeps tunneling me on this idea from day 2 with rte, and it is getting rather annoying. 
I was simply mafia hunting, and since Ley was mislynched day 1 I was trying to follow up on him. I will never understand why people forget about dead townies and refuse to look back.

Anyway, if I get lynched: You can't say I didn't try. Look at the people who made up this extremely weak case tomorrow.

Rte was outed scum, I could have just voted him and ended the day easily.
alanna is trying to turn this around on me, and I can't stand it. Look at the interaction between her and maw, I don't see how it isn't w/w

My face has some egg on it. I was counting Talya as alive in my distribution post earlier. Our current situation in mafia/third party/town is either 2/4 or 2/1/3 right now, which just makes it that much more important that whoever has that extra kill not hit a townie with it. E.G. don't shoot me, alanna, verbal, or zander.

it really does maw.

Not a lot happening:

Ley voting Maw - why?

Maw voting Ley - Why?

Alanna voting Seph - Why?

Seph nearly voting himself - why - because he fails   :tongue:

Thane, likes to take it slow

Verb and Seph thinking thane looks town.

Where's Darthe?

Do you suffer from amnesia?

We have our first actual post of the game. Talya gives reads on various people and wants to find out reasoning behind votes, appears to be unaware of the longstanding tradition of jokes votes between myself and leyrann. Talya votes me, apparently to garner reactions, Leyrann responds with incredible levels of snark.

I can buy that she left the first thread before our rivalry became clear, so I'm not too worried about Talya here. I'm slightly suspicious of Ley's reaction. Seems a little over the top.

@village:  I don't think Talya should be the lynch today, even though many of you might think she should be.  If she's a villager, then we should give her the time to break out of whatever weird mood she's in and be the villager we hope she is.  If she's a wolf, this method of playing it will likely spew out her entire team, so I'm down for letting it continue.

@wolves:  Nothing to say to you people, but I didn't want you to feel completely left out.  See you soon.  ;-)

I like Verb's point here. No need to rush the D1 lynch. Makes me feel like he's town.

This in turn makes me suspicious of a scum attempting to establish themselves as town, but that could just be my own paranoia.

i think verb is engaging people- lite town-y lean

t think talya was just trying to get thoughts on things

obv conclusion:

[v] Sooh [/v]

i have to be right about this sometime....

I'm curious about this. Is this another tradition that I'm unaware of? Would like to hear more.

[v] alannalynn[/v]

Would like to hear a LOT more about this. Explain, if you would, darthe.

Question: Has the mafia parlance on DM shifted from 'scum' and 'town' to 'wolves' and 'village'? I'm aware of the existance of werewolf, but didn't realize it had become commonplace here.

maw fence sitting on verb here. He seems paranoid throughout the entire thread.
here he says he isn't worried about tayla.

Welcome to today's episode of To Lynch Or Not To Lynch. I'm your host, Mawthtex. Let's run through our contestants:

Sooh: Not. She's been fairly quiet, but when she contributes her posts seem pretty sound. Not entirely sure about her though.
Darthe: Not. I dislike his playstyle but apparently it's normal and no one else seems to be concerned about it, so we can deal with it in the future.
Thane: Not. I like his impressions of the game and his play so far.
Zander: Not. He was kind silent for a while, but he's been chiming in more lately. I think he bears watching, but I don't think he's today's lynch.
Talya: Lynch. She seems to be vibrating between being quite intelligent and misreading key parts of posts. I would be willing to vote for her.
Corvhin: Not. His inexperience is showing, but he's putting forth a good effort.
Release The Evil: Not. I get the impression he's town, although not a strong one.
Mawthtex: Not. I like myself too much to lynch me.
AlannaLynn Not. We seem to think along the same lines, which suggests to me we are both looking out for the town's best interests.
Seph: Not. He seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders most of the time, although he bears watching.
Verbal: Not. He seems to be playing a pretty strong town game so far.
Leyrann: Lynch. He's been playing more aggressively than helpfully. Not sure I quite understand where he's coming from, and I'd be willing to put a vote on him.
Dice: Not. I don't have a strong read on him but neither do I have suspicions.

So, to summarize, I think Leyrann or Talya should be the lynch today. They've played the spottiest of everyone here.

[v]Leyrann[/v]

Tell me why you shouldn't go down today.

yet his next reads list has her and ley as the only ones on the chopping block

maw here is your case on verb, and to be honest I don't see any case besides him reacting to people finding him suspicious.
this is my point of view on this, but I think that is more of a town trait, as I see myself doing this often. You know your alignment and when someone casts false suspicion for thin read it is extremely annoying. I see the biting back as frustration, and I see town do it more often than mafia, especially early game

Morning guys. We should lynch Ley today, and here is why:

Welcome to today's episode of To Lynch Or Not To Lynch. I'm your host, Mawthtex. Let's run through our contestants:

Sooh: Not. She's been fairly quiet, but when she contributes her posts seem pretty sound. Not entirely sure about her though.
Darthe: Not. I dislike his playstyle but apparently it's normal and no one else seems to be concerned about it, so we can deal with it in the future.
Thane: Not. I like his impressions of the game and his play so far.
Zander: Not. He was kind silent for a while, but he's been chiming in more lately. I think he bears watching, but I don't think he's today's lynch.
Talya: Lynch. She seems to be vibrating between being quite intelligent and misreading key parts of posts. I would be willing to vote for her.
Corvhin: Not. His inexperience is showing, but he's putting forth a good effort.
Release The Evil: Not. I get the impression he's town, although not a strong one.
Mawthtex: Not. I like myself too much to lynch me.
AlannaLynn Not. We seem to think along the same lines, which suggests to me we are both looking out for the town's best interests.
Seph: Not. He seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders most of the time, although he bears watching.
Verbal: Not. He seems to be playing a pretty strong town game so far.
Leyrann: Lynch. He's been playing more aggressively than helpfully. Not sure I quite understand where he's coming from, and I'd be willing to put a vote on him.
Dice: Not. I don't have a strong read on him but neither do I have suspicions.

So, to summarize, I think Leyrann or Talya should be the lynch today. They've played the spottiest of everyone here.

[v]Leyrann[/v]

Tell me why you shouldn't go down today.

Here you are.

youd think that the Red would clue someone with such excellent English in to the fact that he was talking about today.

dont know what Ley's meta/history is with Dice but im not feeling that vote..Dice seems to me like Town!Dice from the few games ive played with him imo.

anyone else have thoughts on Dice cause hes done nothing to ping me yet.

also waiting on Fu

I know it's not unlike his meta, but to be honest it feels like he's going further than he otherwise would, with the refusing to tell me exactly WHAT the problem is that is apparently worth a vote. I'm wondering if it's him trying to fake his town meta as mafia.

Or do I remember wrong and does he always refuse such questions? Thing is, I think I'd remember.

I pointed you right at it. it was even on the same page! If you don't know what your responses are thats your problem. Zander then QUOTED the thing! You finally respond to it then.

heres a point for you Ley. You wanna get all high and mighty and lecture people in a snarky way on how to read and comprehend? Then you had better expect people to get annoyed at you (believe me im thinking much stronger words) and start blasting at you. Especially when YOU fail at reading obvious things.

You guys don't lynch maw today and I'll vig myself. It'll be like darthicide

So Maw is off the table for today then.   :biggrin:

First post: Well, that sounded like part of the "joke", while the "NOT" after nearly everyone's name surely did not sound like that.

Second post: Well, if you point without quoting, I don't know what you're pointing to, because I can't see your finger. There's two computer screens in between. If you want me to respond to something, you have to CLEARLY tell me what post and what part of it. In fact, I STILL do not see where the problem was, despite apparently already having responded to it. I NEVER failed at reading something obvious, and if you think I did, well, give ME a lecture on what I read wrong and how I should have read it.

That makes zero sense. Your entire reaction to the list that I posted was based on the idea that it was meant to be deadly serious and set in stone. But now apparently you think that part of it (specifically interpreted in such a way to paint me as a mafioso) was a joke. This is the first you've mentioned it, or acknowledged in any way that any part of the post might not have been meant to be taken entirely literally.

don't get me wrong Ley, i was just asking you if you would consider it, as a principle. A simple 'yes or no' would have been alright. Now that i see your reaction to it, it sounds a lot more defensive than it should.

It's true that you're not really on my town list, and here.... to me, it doesn't improve your situation.

It's not clear? I want a mafia lynched. Therefore, I don't want to get lynched myself, even if that might give more information.

you trying to get me mislynched again, Ley?

Eh, what are you talking about?

I think I'm gonna 

[unvote]

[v] Thane [/v]

This, also, is interesting, because it is part of a continuing pattern: anyone who throws any kind of aspersion on you gets voted. You're bouncing around to anyone who seems to be attacking you at the moment, but not committing to any of them or trying to build actual cases against them. 

But you called him a wolf. You said you think he's a wolf but won't make it past day 2 anyway.

"Anyway" to me means whether he is a wolf or town he won't survive past day 2. 

Think you misread this RTE. I interpreted this as 'If he is a wolf, his play will get him lynched tomorrow, so we don't need to lynch him today.'

Hello to all five of the darthe posts that showed up while I was typing this out.

Archived