DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So I began reading Way of Kings...

• 2 weeks later...

I read the mistborn ones and was a bit put off by those to be honest so I never bothered with the other books from Brandon.

Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant in his ability to come up with fresh new systems of magic and nature bending, but storywise it was a bit bleh. And the ending I saw coming miles away, so it wasn't much of a surprise, which kind of ruined it for me.

The Way of Kings is much better than Mistborn, imo. I liked Mistborn but not really much. Good for a one time read but The Way of Kings is the book that makes me want to try more of Brandon Sanderson's works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

380 pages into this. The whole feud between Dalinar and Sadeas is interesting, but it's also striking me as incredibly one-sided. So far all we have seen is from either Dalinar's view or that of his son. I want to get inside of Sadeas's head too. Dalinar doesn't trust Sadeas, his family doesn't trust Sadeas. And anything from their POV bears that bias from the distrust. Brandon really needs to show the other side of things and include what Sadeas thinks of things.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived