DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

wtf???  That was FAR too quick.

Right Darthe and Yates have been after Turin for ages  so I get them. BFG Sooh Tina and Ley   why did you vote turin? and why so quick?

and Ley  you weren't going to take Turins post unless he flipped Town. So what now then?

Because I thought he slipped when he was talking about Darthe bussing the GF

Yeah that was really odd and almost prophetic of him.  So much more logical to have come from scum.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I propose we'll go for Tina first. The other best option would, I think, be Yates. I don't know. But Tina's a good option because she's posting just about only fluff without, at least that's how I feel, trying to participate in the game, which just doesn't sit right with me. If you're town, even if you have the meme cliché, you should be doing more.

Yes, I have been pretty useless this game, both being absent and making the wrong decisions. Will try to do better. 

Right Darthe and Yates have been after Turin for ages  so I get them. BFG Sooh Tina and Ley   why did you vote turin? and why so quick?

and Ley  you weren't going to take Turins post unless he flipped Town. So what now then?

I went with BFG´s case that looked good. I felt that Turin tried to focus on other stuff instead of defending him.  I will take a look at his posts today.

Tina is a good shot tonight

Yes, probably. I´m town but I´m not sure that I won´t contribute more to mafia in this game. :(

I´ll try to do a re-read and see what Turin had to say. 

137552-sad_panda.jpg

See this is why we should not rush head long into a brick wall.

Imo you're sounding a bit too certain of yourself now, considering we've had the full night and a bit of the last day discussing Turin, I think 10-15 pages of posts.

I agree with Ley, here. That's why I asked for your rationale. I am not sated by your answer.

Turin was always going to be the kill yesterday. We could afford the mislynch. I'm not too concerned with that. My bigger concern at this point is finding the remaining scum and doing something about it tomorrow.

Ok...

Well, at least we AGREED about the mislynch.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect this.

We have 9 alive, worst case we'll have 7 alive tomorrow. If we lynch town, 6, if we lose two again, we're at 4. If we have a vig, HOLSTER, so our numbers get out better. A holster gives us one more day to find mafia, and together we can achieve more than alone. I dare say, if you shoot, you're an SK, though, I guess, that also means we get an additional day because SK and mafia don't win together.

If we have a holstering vig tonight, we can afford one more mislynch. Currently alive:

Sooh

Panchi

BFG

Tina

Shadar

Yates

Dice

Darthe

Leyrann

I propose we'll go for Tina first. The other best option would, I think, be Yates. I don't know. But Tina's a good option because she's posting just about only fluff without, at least that's how I feel, trying to participate in the game, which just doesn't sit right with me. If you're town, even if you have the meme cliché, you should be doing more.

Makes no difference if the vig holsters or not to number of mislynches, assuming 4 mafia, and statistically any shot would help, assuming it's amongst the unsures

It does. A holster we have 5 alive instead D5, which means that (with 4 scum setup) they don't have vote control yet, while they do if we have 4 alive.

I went with it because I was fully behind their case.

And now I'm considering Darthe bussing Hallia a real option again.

BTW the only vig shots for tonight should be on Dice, Ley or Tina.  Vig can choose, any will work for me.  

Weren't I like, your most sure town read?

One moment, I fell asleep while night 2 was going on and less than 12 hours later night 3 had started.

Intersting. Are your reads this interesting too?

Also, I would just like to mention I really don't like this post. It's just a non-excuse.

And Panchi, you got 14 posts (15, but one is a double post). Currently, you are doing exactly nothing for town. Can you, at the very least, provide a list of reads the next time you post?

Day 1 Lynch

Dice – 1 (Tina)
Leyrann - 1 (Pralaya)
Tress - 2 (VerbalHallia)
Cass - 9 (RTE, Shadar, Turin, Panchi, Leyrann, Darthe, Sooh, BFG, Verbal )
Panchi - 5 (Dice, Yates, Cass, BFG, Tress)

Day 2 Lynch

Sooh - 1 (Tina)
Hallia - 7 (Dice, Sooh, RTE, Tress, Yates, Darthe, Turin)
Dice - 1 (Hallia)
Yates - 1 (BFG )
Tina – 1 (Leyrann)
Not Voting - 2 (Panchi, Shadar)

Day 3 Lynch

Turin - 6 (Darthe, Yates, BFG, Sooh, Tina, Leyrann)
Not Voting - 4 (Panchi, Shadar, Dice, Turin)

@Ithi - Your VC was wrong at EOD 1.  You had BFG voting twice.  She had unvoted Panchi and voted Cass.  Can I edit my post to fix that?

Jesus, BFG.  You look terrible in VCA.  You have voted for Town in 3 consecutive lynches.  Are you really this bad at mafia?  What's up, chica?

Also, I look at the Cass and Hally lynches and I see 1 scum on and 1 scum off.  Makes me wonder how spread out the scum were.  If Panchi is Town, BFG moving from Panchi to Cass is pretty much a scum claim.

This post likely spews Panchi Town:

I just dont see panchi as mafia. I think she would be more active if she was anyway.

No I just know how Panchi is from other theads. Everone else I have only had a small bit of conversation here and there. So I am skeptical of panchi being mafia is all. More of a gut feeling.

As you will learn from playing more mafia, this is certainly not always so.  What you're describing is meta, which we're trying to break this game.

FOS THE NEWBIE.

But seriously, with the competing trains, and her flipping town, I'm going to re-nudge the

Vote:Panchi

train.  I didn't really see her come out and defend herself at all, it seemed like everyone else doing the scrambling for her.

At this point in time, Sooh had just placed a 4th vote on Hally:

Meh, Darthe always pushes me.  I'm just enjoying the game.

Vote: Dice

For making it more than it is

Also of note, Hally and RTE were on and posting at the same time when Hally placed her vote. Given their low posting performance that was like seeing Sasquatch and the Loch Ness Monster on the same day. So something was up. And since RTE hadn't voted yet, I feel like the early part of the Hally wagon was probably clean and RTE worked out the bus with Hally in their QT.

I'm all for competing trains but happy to move to Hallia. I do try to give her a bit more benefit of the doubt as historically I criticize her play quite a lot. But scum is scum, so happy to see Ley or Hallia go today.

Incidentally, that post by RTE likely makes Ley Town as well.

Yeah. Okay. The first part of that Hally wagon was:

Darthe, Dice, Leyrann, Sooh

Makes me feel way more confident in Dice Town. He's about as likely to be pro-busing as Darthe at that point in the day. Maybe even less so. I'm ready to confirm all 4 as Green.

This is my personal updated VCA:

Day 1 Lynch

Dice – 1 (Tina)

Leyrann - 1 (Pralaya)

Tress - 2 (VerbalHallia)

Cass - 9 (RTE, Shadar, Turin, Panchi, Leyrann, Darthe, Sooh, BFG, Verbal )

Panchi - 5 (Dice, Yates, CassTress)

Day 2 Lynch

Sooh - 1 (Tina)

Hallia - 7 (Dice, Sooh, RTE, Tress, Yates, Darthe, Turin)

Dice - 1 (Hallia)

Yates - 1 (BFG )

Tina – 1 (Leyrann)

Not Voting - 2 (Panchi, Shadar)

Day 3 Lynch

Turin - 6 (Darthe, Yates, BFG, Sooh, Tina, Leyrann)

Not Voting - 4 (Panchi, Shadar, Dice, Turin)

The remaining scum is in BFG, Tina, or Shadar. Level of confidence? 90% Otherwise it's one of Dice/Darthe playing a probus game. But I think there are ways of ensuring this is not the case.

I'd put Tina highest in likelyhood of being mafia. You're probably right about Panchi (though she should refrain from posts like the one I linked above if she wants to stay alive), Shadar I don't know, was about ok with him earlier but didn't like how he reacted after Turin's lynch, like, not at all, BFG looks town to me. Dice doesn't look different than normally, so for now I'm going to assume town, Darthe bussing, while possible, is indeed unlikely because he was the one driving the case, and why lose a GF when Darthe was, tbh, already looking pretty good. Feels like risking a lot, considering there's a second kill flying around each night. I also haven't seen anything to believe Sooh would be mafia, and I feel like I should trust Yates. I don't know, I just do. So in a nice list of reads that would be:

Sooh - Hasn't stood out to me at all.

Panchi - Really inactive, might partly be cliché, but not actually looking scummy for the most part. Try to be more active though.

BFG - Looks honest town to me.

Tina - Barely participating except to post memes. Hiding behind her cliché. I'd say scum.

Shadar - Too certain of himself in the Turin lynch for a first timer. If you play first time you don't react like that to a mislynch, even if it happens in 30 minutes. Again, I'd say mafia.

Yates - Doing a lot, getting a town vibe from him.

Dice - Looks about normal to me, I consider him town.

Darthe - Playing amazing. Either in fooling us all or in weeding out the mafia. I think the second.

Leyrann - Just your average paranoid vanilla.

I would say that Tina and Shadar are the two remaining scum.

Gonna expand a little bit on my Shadar read: I mean you don't react like that if you're town. If you're scum you'll know what's coming, which means you'll have less emotion about the flip, which showed, I would say, in his reaction.

Archived