DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition!

Taymist

That wouldn't be difficult. Twilight isn't a love story. It's an in depth illustration of a codependent relationship. I'm convinced it wasn't intended for global release but was rather meant to be shown to psychology and social work students.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 mostly unrelated things :)

Yay for Pinterest, I have absolutely not wasted hours browsing projects and ideas that I will never ever do :unsure:

Yay for bubbles!

And Yay, because Tay's name will autocorrect itself to Yay whenever I don't catch it :happy:

lol BFG, it may sound enthusiastic, but I prefer to stick with Tay.

Ok, here we go with Part Deux!

*looks the various Banders over carefully and decides they're not quite at the too drunk to continue stage*

Same rules apply as before. Try to keep your writing legible. :dry:

11. Pick an historical military leader that you'd like to meet and interview.

i) Who are they?

ii) Why did you choose them?

iii) What's the main question you'd like to ask them?

12. Does any present day public figure (yes, just one) particularly inspire you? If so, who and why?

13. You're cast in one of the lead roles in a new sci fi/fantasy TV series. What type of character would you like to play if you could be anything at all? (Don't feel limited by WoT, LotR etc. or by your own real life self, feel free to think outside the box.)

14. Tech toys for the interwebz - you can only keep one so what do you prefer to use? Desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile/cell phone, other?

15. On your wish list of things to buy/acquire for yourself, what's at the top just now? (To clarify, I'm talking about an item that would be a treat; that you'd maybe only normally get if you had a gift card/voucher or someone else got you it as a present not massive purchases like cars or houses.)

16. You're granted the chance to learn something new without worrying about cost/time/equipment. What would you choose to learn?

17. In terms of your outlook on life, is the glass half full or half empty?

18. What do you think is your biggest fault?

19. The Band is assigning you to take charge of a risky surveillance operation on a group of Shaido. You get to choose your own (small) team. Which Banders, up to a maximum of 5, are you taking with you and why?

20. Share a music track that helps you to sleep or relax.

i) Who are they?-Leonidas

ii) Why did you choose them? you see 300?  nough said

iii) What's the main question you'd like to ask them? if hed kick me into his giant latrine.

12. Does any present day public figure (yes, just one) particularly inspire you? If so, who and why?

Yes.  Scarlett Johansson....she seems like the type of woman who could...make my world a better place.

13. You're cast in one of the lead roles in a new sci fi/fantasy TV series. What type of character would you like to play if you could be anything at all? (Don't feel limited by WoT, LotR etc. or by your own real life self, feel free to think outside the box.)

Emperor of The Universe.

14. Tech toys for the interwebz - you can only keep one so what do you prefer to use? Desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile/cell phone, other?

my facebook destruction device...patten pending.

15. On your wish list of things to buy/acquire for yourself, what's at the top just now? (To clarify, I'm talking about an item that would be a treat; that you'd maybe only normally get if you had a gift card/voucher or someone else got you it as a present not massive purchases like cars or houses.)

uranium...i know a guy who knows a guy.

16. You're granted the chance to learn something new without worrying about cost/time/equipment. What would you choose to learn?

how to read

my drinking glass is always full of alcohol

being too awesome.

19. The Band is assigning you to take charge of a risky surveillance operation on a group of Shaido. You get to choose your own (small) team. Which Banders, up to a maximum of 5, are you taking with you and why?

Only Infantry for obvious reasons...we rock.

(Sooh for bait...)

No, you don't pass! lol :rolleyes:

Having a laugh or being silly is fine but this is also meant to genuinely be a getting to know you thread. Emperor of the Universe is a title not a type of character! And I specifically asked in terms of your outlook on life in question 17. You might want to rethink a couple of those...

Take 2...sorry Tay!!

i) Who are they? Sun Zu

ii) Why did you choose them? the art of war

iii) What's the main question you'd like to ask them? how he came to learn so much about war.

not really

Id play a dual wielding warrior who kicked butt.

laptop...i hate the phone.

75 inch tv for gaming.

another lanuage

half full...life to short for anything else.

im too crazy.

Infantry only...we rock!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUH9vBD6938&index=129&list=PLSUW0GN8lNmx_PPGch9tgX2CnXtokHqLt

(Sooh for bait...)

I saw this! Don't really think you're in any more trouble for it though... I don't think I could get any more plotty with my revenge of you.

I'll get to responding to your questions in a minute, Tay :smile:

Ok, here we go with Part Deux!

*looks the various Banders over carefully and decides they're not quite at the too drunk to continue stage*

Same rules apply as before. Try to keep your writing legible.  :dry:

i) Who are they? Hitler

ii) Why did you choose them?  the guys a psycho but he was a GREAT public speaker. I could learn stuff 

iii) What's the main question you'd like to ask them? Why are you pushing this whole Aryan  race look when you dont even fit it?

12. Does any present day public figure (yes, just one) particularly inspire you? If so, who and why?   Angelina Jolie comes closest/ shes all about her family and does a lot of stuff to help others/the world

13. You're cast in one of the lead roles in a new sci fi/fantasy TV series. What type of character would you like to play if you could be anything at all? (Don't feel limited by WoT, LotR etc. or by your own real life self, feel free to think outside the box.)  A charismatic leader warrior type

14. Tech toys for the interwebz - you can only keep one so what do you prefer to use? Desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile/cell phone, other?  have to go phone for 2 reasons  meed to keep in touch with my fam and the versitility  it can do what computers can to an extent

15. On your wish list of things to buy/acquire for yourself, what's at the top just now? (To clarify, I'm talking about an item that would be a treat; that you'd maybe only normally get if you had a gift card/voucher or someone else got you it as a present not massive purchases like cars or houses.)   a couple of double surf skis and a way to get them to the beach

16. You're granted the chance to learn something new without worrying about cost/time/equipment. What would you choose to learn?  Law    make me some money!  tho id probably sign my daughter up instead as she wants to be a Judge

17. In terms of your outlook on life, is the glass half full or half empty?  half full

impatience. im getting much more impatient with things

19. The Band is assigning you to take charge of a risky surveillance operation on a group of Shaido. You get to choose your own (small) team. Which Banders, up to a maximum of 5, are you taking with you and why? Tay Mystica Cairos Thane Horn

20. Share a music track that helps you to sleep or relax.  I used to meditate to this album as a teenager

i) Who are they? Napoleon Bonaparte

ii) Why did you choose them? Because he was an extremely skilled military leader who conquered and fought with most of Europe.

iii) What's the main question you'd like to ask them? I would like to ask what he would consider his greatest failure.

I have to pick Malala Yousafzai. She stands up for what she believes in, she is unafraid and she's definitely wise beyond her years. 

I would love to play an ambiguous character. Some would see her as good, some as evil. A sort of a Loki from Norse mythology. 

I'd keep my laptop please. Where I live phone signals are horrible, so a phone wouldn't do me much good. I don't have a desktop or a tablet. 

A trip around the world to meet amazing people!

Oh man! So many things! I would love to learn probably how to sew my own clothes. That's one that I've wanted to for a while. 

Can it just be half? It depends on the day honestly. If you ask me today I'd say half empty, but tomorrow it might be half full. 

I'm too afraid of confrontations and I want everyone to like me.

Considering I don't know all of you all that well I'd have to go with the three musketeers, Thane, Dav and Dice, and in addition to them... wow... this is hard. Cass probably.. and... I don't know... I feel horrible picking five over the rest :tongue: Did you see my greatest fault?!!?

When I was a teenager it was this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8dh9gDzmz8

Now I think I'd need something like this to go to sleep: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAsTlnjvetI

(Sooh for bait...)

I saw this! Don't really think you're in any more trouble for it though... I don't think I could get any more plotty with my revenge of you.

I'll get to responding to your questions in a minute, Tay :smile:

vengance-will-be-mine-thumb.jpg

I kind of hate you. Too many people. Does Socrates count? He did verbal battles... had to fight for his life and the accusations of atheism and corrupting the youth... knew the proper meaning of the word apology... And I'd love to ask him questions about his questions. We'd get along great.

Fine...

i) Who are they?  Dice Artemisia
                 ii) Why did you choose them? Because he is so bad at tactics. You'll forgive me if I can't recall which greek historian reported this, but Xerxes purportedly stated something to the affect of "My men have become women, and my woman, a man." in regards to Artemisia and her actions at the Battle of Salamis. And before the Battle, when she was the only commander to tell Xerxes that a naval battle against Athens was stupid as hell.
                 iii) What's the main question you'd like to ask them? How did you live to be so old, when you are so bad at military stuff; Is it because you always run away? Detractors (both her contemporaries, and those who wrote the histories) make claim that she sunk more allied ships than Hellenic ones. A story fueled by the Greeks and their historians (because, being one of the most chauvinistic ancient civilizations--who would admit to losing even a little bit, to a woman). In that regard, I'd ask for a recounting of the battle, and her measures taken within it. I'd like to know if she did sink her allies ships, and if so 1) to remove rivals/enemies 2) to escape the greeks, by imitating greek ships/defection or 3) just to get the hell out of that death trap. It's not like the Persian Ships could move without sinking one another anyways. Or perhaps the entire accusation was fabricated by envious men.

demotivational-posters-justin-bieber.jpg

Inspires the damnation of the human race.

I want to play the same type of characters that I (as in myself) would likely be in a scifi/fantasy setting.

The guy who does bad stuff and is seemingly the villain for most of the show but isn't actually the bad guy, even if you do have to worry about being killed by him constantly.

farscape-scorpius-cropped1.jpg

And (of course) the cute and the crazy.

A1I8GYZ.gif

Respectively.

Desktop. Phones are satan, laptops are weak sauce, and tablets are too-large-phones/too-small-laptops.

Speaking of tech... a few thousand dollars worth of desktop. If that's too big, I'm trying to collect all of the Berserk Manga at the moment.

Time Travel! Invisibility! Immateriality! How to freeze time!

You picked this question to make me babble.

Depends on if the glass was most recently filled, or reduced to halfway. If I happen upon a glass at halfway, pondering context of location, position, etc is too much work, so I merely think "halfway", as determining the modifier is too much work for no reward.

With regards to the question, the implied connotation of "half full" being positive, and "half empty" being negative do not apply to me. I see these words and their connotations with inverse implications... as I do with many things. In my experience "Empty" provides room for growth, new experiences, rest, contemplation, new things, strange connections (opposed to preconceived), the ability to swap/remove/change as needed, free time to enjoy, meet, or discover. "Empty" describes a certain freedom with which to use the space around/within you. "Full" has the entirely opposite feeling for me. A lack of freedom. Life is full, and it is rarely full of the enjoyable. While what you enjoy might be a small part of your plate, the majority of it is covered in gruel topped off with watered down beer; Perhaps sustaining, but not desirable. "Full" provides no room to go and see new things, full, is a room of people that I don't care for, speaking of thing that I don't care for. Full, is a daily repetition, a grind through life providing no insight or knowledge, no roses to smell, no time for thought or consideration. Being full of stomach means discomfort, indigestion, and a need to work out more than usual--if there's time in that full schedule: unrelenting, unchanging, and uncaring as time marches quickly to despair and death. :laugh: (How macabre!)

My dislike of words like full lead many to believe me cynical--which is the correct conclusion by the incorrect path. I'm not cynical because I dislike supposedly "positive" words, I am cyncial, because I believe cynicism, like "Empty" to be a good thing. Cynicism has served me well in academia and scientific circles, where cynicism is the basis of professionalism. In both cases, you tear into the theories of your peers, prove and dis-prove, construct and deconstruct, question and support, to and from, back and forth. This is the path to strong theories, changing theories, new ideas, methods, and beliefs. This is how we build our future. Not by blind acceptance of tradition or modern experience. Being cynical provides (or can provide) a constructive struggle in which people prove themselves and their ideas, and come out stronger for it. Cynicism within personal relationships allows for trust and respect when proven unneeded. The opposite of cynicism (which I suppose we could call trust) must be earned, and foundations that are earned stand more strongly, and for longer than those built on whims or ignorance.

I prefer to stick with simply "halfway". I do favour half empty, just not in the way anyone else means it.

The general inclination to be unconcerned with others. I do not need or want them near me, and I don't mind them knowing it.

Want something done right you do it yourself. Or you take Dice, let him slip in, raise the alarm, watch the Shaido expose themselves taking him out (with ease) and then report back having collected all the information we needed.

75 inch tv for gaming.

another lanuage

I have a 32" TV for actually watching TV and that seems big. I don't think I could watch a 75" screen, the house isn't big enough lol.

Which language?

12. Does any present day public figure (yes, just one) particularly inspire you? If so, who and why?   Angelina Jolie comes closest/ shes all about her family and does a lot of stuff to help others/the world

18. What do you think is your biggest fault?   impatience. im getting much more impatient with things

19. The Band is assigning you to take charge of a risky surveillance operation on a group of Shaido. You get to choose your own (small) team. Which Banders, up to a maximum of 5, are you taking with you and why? Tay Mystica Cairos Thane Horn

What sort of "stuff"? I don't know a thing about her. Tell me more.

18 is a sign of old age, Dicey. I keep telling you that's the problem. :tongue:

Why those 5? And why not Brid?? :ohmy:  Are you implying she's useless in a recon mission? :blink:

i) Who are they? Napoleon Bonaparte

ii) Why did you choose them? Because he was an extremely skilled military leader who conquered and fought with most of Europe.

iii) What's the main question you'd like to ask them? I would like to ask what he would consider his greatest failure.

I'd keep my laptop please. Where I live phone signals are horrible, so a phone wouldn't do me much good. I don't have a desktop or a tablet.

Oh man! So many things! I would love to learn probably how to sew my own clothes. That's one that I've wanted to for a while.

I'm too afraid of confrontations and I want everyone to like me

I like your choice of question for Napoleon. Wouldn't that be an awesome answer to hear?

Know exactly what you mean about phone signals. Still a lot of really bad areas here too for that, especially the further north you go.

Sewing is a great skill to learn if you like to be self sufficient. It's something I feel so lucky to have learned as a child and it's so popular again here with TV picking it up in their mainstream programming.

I can see where that would be awkward. I think having everyone like you is nigh on impossible so that's a heck of a weight to burden yourself with. :unsure:

I kind of hate you. Too many people.

......and tablets are too-large-phones/too-small-laptops.

Time Travel! Invisibility! Immateriality! How to freeze time!

You picked this question to make me babble.

11. a) No, you don't. You know you enjoyed answering that question lol. b) As to the too many, why do you think I picked it? :wink:  Your choice surprised me but it's a good one.

14. Exactly! That!

16. *arches eyebrow* It was supposed to be something realistic!

17. Maybe >.> but I knew the response would be an interesting, not to mention entertaining, read lol.

13 and 18 were as expected.

19 completely cracked me up. That earns an exalt. And I liked your third song...just as a by the way.

I can see where that would be awkward. I think having everyone like you is nigh on impossible so that's a heck of a weight to burden yourself with. :unsure:

Yeah, I completely agree that it's both impossible and a silly thing to think, but nevertheless it's how I feel.. I can be fairly inconsistent in my inner dialogue...

Archived