DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I HATE COFFEE

Ryrin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a friend who drinks the biggest coffee he can at the beginning of a long drive to help keep him awake with the idea that by the time the caffeine wears off the need to pee will have kicked in and keep him awake for the rest of the drive.

• 1 month later...

I drink a couple cups of coffee every day. I first started drinking coffee when I was 19 years old and was working as a ranger for the National Park Service. Back then I would get up around 4:30am and get ready for work and had a lot of long days doing 10-12 hour shifts. There was a hotel near my office in Yosemite National Park that had free coffee so I would stop by once in a while to get cup - at first I didn't like the taste but I drank it for the caffeine. It must be an acquired taste because after a while I grew to absolutely love the taste and smell of coffee. I have some fond memories drinking my coffee as I would drive my ranger truck into the mariposa grove of sequoia trees at 7am, being the only one there at that hour, enjoying the fresh snowfall from the night before. Funny how some things trigger certain memories

Firstly, that sounds like a friggin awesome job, Neeto. I've only seen pictures and videos of the park, but it looks beautiful. Definitely a place I would love to visit one day.

Secondly, you're so right about smells triggering memories! The smell of filter coffee always makes me flash back to Munich, where I was an exchange student.

Firstly, that sounds like a friggin awesome job, Neeto. I've only seen pictures and videos of the park, but it looks beautiful. Definitely a place I would love to visit one day.

Secondly, you're so right about smells triggering memories! The smell of filter coffee always makes me flash back to Munich, where I was an exchange student.

I live a couple hours from Yosemite.  We love it there.  I'll post pics the next time we go.

Archived