DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who do you find more annoying

Willez

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the more annoying character?

• Gawyn
    • Egwene
    • They are as bad as each other

Would it be very terrible to say that I don't really have that much of a defined opinion of them. I used to be quite involved and interested, but that waned a little whilst I waited for aMoL to come out and now I just ...

Well.

Erm.

Yeah - I'm not that fussed.

• Community Administrator

Gawyn is the character I hate the most in the series.  I could rant all day about how much he annoys me.

But, having those characters in the story makes it better.  It would be boring if all the characters were fun and perfect.

I find story arcs annoying more than characters.

For example Mat is my least favourite major PoV character to read about, but it's not really his fault as a character, it's because he gets stuck with many of the most frustrating story arcs in the series. Namely, his trip to Ebou Dar with Nynaeve & Elayne, the time with the Valan Luca show.

And I like Faile and Berelain both, but I absolutely despise the silly Perrin-war between them.

I love Nynaeve, and I have nothing against Elayne, but the time they're travelling together as "lady and maid" is grating to read.

Mat's my absolute favorite character to read about. My least favorite would be, again, Elayne. (Even though she is usually with Aviendha, and Aviendha is awesome)

Perrin's story arc can be boring in some parts. 

What is it about Faile that people find so annoying?

In my experience, it goes like this:

1) Umm, Rand is the main hero, let's identify with Rand

2) People are hurting My Rand, speaking up to him!

3) Faile is making Perrin not focus on Rand alone

---> Faile is bad and annoying

(the boring chapters don't help I suppose, or her strange cultural heritance hurting Perrin (another possible hero to identify with))

Oh, this isn't really related to what we were talking about, but a few weeks ago I was talking to someone who's read Wheel of Time, and this conversation:

Me: Who's your favorite character?

The other person: Egwene.

Me: Why is she your favorite? 

The other person: Because I don't like Rand.

What does liking Egwene have to do with not liking Rand? *is confused because I like them both*

I'm glad this generated a debate (BTW Gawyn for me is more annoying, he is alright in the first few books and then he just becomes ridiculous!)

I like Faile but she is really stubborn and annoying in book 4 that I am listening to now and I'm glad Perrin is not bowing to her silly demands!

Archived