DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Min

ahk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cwestervelt

That's probably the most saddenning thing about infertility. Often times those who are unable to have children are the ones that most want to.

IIRC' date=' isn't there a prophecy that says Rand is only going to have the two children he fathers by Elayne?[/quote']

Nope. Min even has a viewing that Aviendha will have his babies, plus something weird with there being four of them. She doesn't remember that afterwards though since they all get toasted. cheers.gif

yeah, what was up with the 4 babies? That felt sort of insane to me...maybe it actally meant Elayne's+Aviendha's or Aviendha's+Min's? I don't know what I'm talking about anymore =] Yeah, but really. Rand seemed to be doing it fine with Elayne so maybe Min is infertile...or it just wasn't meant to happen yet.

Guest Wynne Jessal
Yes' date=' but she is still older than Elayne.

What is the life expectancy in Randland? I'd say it's lower than ours.

So it would make sense if their ferile period ends earlier as well.[/quote']

It's ridiculous to think that all the women pass menopause at 24-25 yrs of age! Min's age has absolutely nothing to do with it. I doubt there even is an "it." It can take months and years for two perfectly healthy and "fertile" people to happen to conceive. Sometimes it just takes a while.

Besides, Melaine got preggers, and she's in her 30s.

You don't have to be in menopause to be infertile.

Ofcourse, there are people who get pregnant naturally in their 50s in our world as well, but those are rare, like Melaine.

Either Min is infertile, or as RAW said, she on pills.

Do they have condoms in Randland?

Thor ... this whole line of thought was a joke. Sometimes people can have alot of sex, and not get pregnant. Actually, its amazing that people get pregnant at all, considering how many things have to happen exactly right.

The fact that Min has not gotten pregnant, despite lots of sex with Rand, is not evidence of either infertility or contraception.

Maybe she drinks heartleaf tea regularly. That is what they use to avoid getting pregnant.

There are lots of other ways to avoid pregnancy too.

It just isn't conducive to RJ's story for Min to be pregnent, yet. When he decides it's her time, if ever, then she will get pregnant.

It is a story afterall.

Yeah. he doesn't even HAVE emotions anymore... :cry:

Nope, Can't remember which book but I THINK its RAND how states the only Emotion he has is love.. And you can tell that anyway considering the " Oh the veins of gold" quote in WH And he does laugh but its bitterly like "Heh.. I just had 3 people who look like me jump through a mirror and almost kill me "

Guest cwestervelt
Yeah. he doesn't even HAVE emotions anymore... :cry:

Nope' date=' Can't remember which book but I THINK its RAND how states the only Emotion he has is love.. And you can tell that anyway considering the " Oh the veins of gold" quote in WH And he does laugh but its bitterly like "Heh.. I just had 3 people who look like me jump through a mirror and almost kill me "[/quote']

I don't know that I would consider is humour bitter. More like morbid.

Maybe she drinks heartleaf tea regularly. That is what they use to avoid getting pregnant.

There are lots of other ways to avoid pregnancy too.

It just isn't conducive to RJ's story for Min to be pregnent' date=' yet. When he decides it's her time, if ever, then she will get pregnant.

It is a story afterall.[/quote']

Omg, you said everything.

/me bows down to rd2000's mastery. :lol:

Guest Wynne Jessal
You don't have to be in menopause to be infertile.

Ofcourse' date=' there are people who get pregnant naturally in their 50s in our world as well, but those are rare, like Melaine.

Either Min is infertile, or as RAW said, she on pills.

Do they have condoms in Randland?[/quote']

Are you even remotely familiar with the reproductive process? As a male you might not be aware that women don't get pregnant every time they have sex. Even if they're married, young, healthy, having sex every day, not using any contraceptives, and WANT to have children, it can take years for the "miracle" to happen to occur.

Min and Rand have been having sex for what? Months? Under high stress conditions. Gimme a break. I don't know of any legitimate basis for your claim that Min is infertile.

If they are having sex almost everyday, they must have had sex when Min is ovulating.

If everything is normal with both of them, I just don't see how it's possible that Min's not pregnant, especially when you consider that Elayne got pregnant with one shot, very Terminator like if I may say.

Guest Wynne Jessal
If they are having sex almost everyday' date=' they must have had sex when Min is ovulating.

If everything is normal with both of them, I just don't see how it's possible that Min's not pregnant, especially when you consider that Elayne got pregnant with one shot, very Terminator like if I may say.[/quote']

Again. As I have said at least twice before. Just because two happy and healthy people have sex, it is not a guarantee that they (or she, I guess I should say) will get pregnant right then. Even if they repeat this process daily, it can take years for everything to happen just right.

OTOH, a one-night stand can result in a little bundle o joy.

I could list two specific examples in my family, but there's no point since you don't know them.

Guest cwestervelt
If they are having sex almost everyday' date=' they must have had sex when Min is ovulating.

If everything is normal with both of them, I just don't see how it's possible that Min's not pregnant, especially when you consider that Elayne got pregnant with one shot, very Terminator like if I may say.[/quote']

I admit my original post was made in a rather flippant manner, but the intent was to raise a very real possibility. Not everyone can have children. Maybe Min can and maybe she can't. Her failure to conceive yet would not be considered cause for concern. The International Council on Infertility Information Dissemination states a full year of regular sexual activity should pass before a couple would be considered infertile when the woman is under 35. My time line may be off, but I don't think it has been that long since Dumai's Wells.

You can always figure Rand's Ta'veren twisting of fate and chance is involved. His presence tends to make the seemingly less likely event to happen, and the generally expected event to not occur. So Min, the one with seemingly the greatest chance to get pregnant never does while Elayne winds up with twins after just the one time.

Archived